Story Points

Started by mroedesigns, May 20, 2011, 06:54:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mroedesigns

Working on a story for a very small project I'm doing to get me back in the swing of things for development of Bloodlines. Just started today, so all I've got are a few different ideas, just wanted to see what you guys thought of 'em.

Two kings; eastern & western king
- "Berlin Wall" of sorts between kingdoms, could be an actual structure or a land form of some sort

Single tyrannous king
- Player starting revolution against him
- Possibly inherited kingship falsely

No kings, civil unrest
- Multiple groups fighting to claim
-- King was killed, mercenaries want throne
-- Kings brother vs Kings son ( or bro vs. bro / son vs. son )

Certain areas under military rule from outside force
- Player fighting to regain control for his/her kingdom

Again, these are just ideas, not all part of any single plot.

The Niche

Quote from: mroedesigns on May 20, 2011, 06:54:43 pm
Two kings; eastern & western king
- "Berlin Wall" of sorts between kingdoms, could be an actual structure or a land form of some sort

Sounds interesting. What'd be interesting would be if the wall wasn't an actual structure, but an ancient evil sort of thing, 'cept without the ancient part. Like, as people grow to mistrust one another, the wall slowly develops, sort of like Mashadar in The Wheel Of Time, where as people got angrier, crueller and quicker to hate, this force developed in the city which slowly caused the place to tear itself apart.

Alternatively, it's an even less concrete thing, a simple development of a communal psyche. People just sift onto one side or other of the imaginary line and form their opinions of people based on how far away from the line they live and what side of it.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

mroedesigns

Hmm, I like that second idea. I dunno about making it like an 'evil something', but if I do go the route of a natural phenomenon or something, I could come up with a very cool story about how it got there haha