Making an MORPG need a team.

Started by Dexter1, May 21, 2011, 06:02:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexter1

hey guys. ive looked elsewhere and most seem to think its impossible to create an online game with rmxp.
ive decided to make an MORPG that will be somewhat simlar to WoW in the sense of PVP, and multiplayer dungeons. the races will also be similar but ill be using some other races as night elf and blood elf kind of belong to WoW now.
Ive began the planning on paper, like naming the areas, leaders, written brief descriptions of each race (so far i have 6, 3 for each faction)
as i said i need a team. Im going to need mappers, spriters, composers and scripters. will probably need help eventing somewhere along the way as well as a graphic designer to do the logo.
Creation of the game will start when my PC is repaired coz it went wierd a couple of weeks ago.
If anyones interested or wants to know more just lemme know :)
life is what we make it.
if it sucks its coz we suck

mroedesigns

Do you have anything started at all? Its best to get as much as you can done on your own before asking for help. Also be sure you're ready, creating a good RPG game is hard enough. Making a playable, balanced oRPG or MMoRPG is a whole different story.

Good luck! :D

Dexter1

ive played enough RPGs to know what makes a good game and what breaks them. ive also got one of my mates to do a lil bit of research of what others want aswell so if youve got any suggestions id be happy to help. at the moment ive got quite a bit down on paper as i said im just waiting for my PC to be repaired before i start. progress should start quite quickly when i get it back though :)
life is what we make it.

mroedesigns

What I would suggest if this is a serious project, would be starting your design document. If you don't have a lot done, it may seem small at first, but it'll grow over time. It helps a lot to organize ideas, put events in chronological order and tying history together. If you ask me, really, it makes the whole design process go a lot smoother. If youre not familiar with what a design document is, check this link out.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3384/the_anatomy_of_a_design_document_.php

Dexter1

cheers again :)
ive done what i think is quite alot but in terms of project completion it probably isnt alot at all. ive got friends helping me with ideas and planning.
cheers for the guidelines too. will definitely be using them :)
life is what we make it.

mroedesigns

Well good luck with the project. :)

flrodude

See if you can even get a server up, RMX-OS is a pain to deal with if you don't know what your doing. Which I don't...if you can get it up, I'd love to help with iconning or mapping or something.

Ryex

Don't necro topics with useless information. this is your first warning.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />