Spriting school

Started by The Niche, May 23, 2011, 08:13:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

Ryex being awesome, has inspired me to teach Chaos Project how to sprite. What do you guys think of this idea? Would there be students?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

PhoenixFire

Possibly... I have limited time, but, I would lurk, and follow the lessons..  :ninja:

It's a good idea though  :)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

mroedesigns

I would love to! I can design damn near anything, but I can't sprite for the life of me  :facepalm:

Lurvid

Same. I'm fairly decent at tilesets, but I'm terrible at spriting. I think it would get fairly popular, certainly wouldn't be a total waste anyway. I tried looking for a spriter but no one seems to want to help, plus I'd rather do everything on my own.

The Niche

Quote from: Lurvid on May 23, 2011, 03:24:02 pm
Same. I'm fairly decent at tilesets, but I'm terrible at spriting. I think it would get fairly popular, certainly wouldn't be a total waste anyway. I tried looking for a spriter but no one seems to want to help, plus I'd rather do everything on my own.

Know exactly how that last feels. Would you care to provide some lessons in tilesets?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Lurvid

Oh, uh, well I'm not sure if I'm the best to ask for that. Mine look nothing like the RTP style and half of it is made out of Paint.NET effects and tools. I mean, like, if you really need me I could. If I pass Spriting School I bet I could actually be a lot better at Tilesets actually. But, yeah I could if you think I'm competent enough.

The Niche

I've never seen your tiling. But I'll try to learn myself.

PhoenixFire

So, how many people are you trying to get before starting it?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

The Niche

Hmm, I think we've got enough to start. I'll just have to decide what to do first.

mroedesigns

Can't wait!

No, seriously. I can not physically, nor mentally, wait any longer. I may implode. :V

cyclope

Sign me up, I would love to learn :D
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

The Niche

I'm doing out the first lesson now, just waiting for my photobucket account to load.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: mroedesigns on May 24, 2011, 02:15:59 pm
I may implode. :V

Imploding is bad for your health. I would suggest reconsidering the said implosion. And before you say it, explosions are worse, because they're messy..

Aaaaanndd in other news, this idea seems to be coming along nicely.. I think I might be setting up my own school as well, to teach proper storylining, although, I'll still take requests for the people who just don't want to make their own :P