Megaman Character Sets for VX?

Started by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN, May 24, 2011, 01:00:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

May 24, 2011, 01:00:37 pm Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:01:22 pm by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
May someone please make a MegaMan character set for me? The pictures of the characters I need are posted below. I need them in VX format. I perfer for them to have the same style as the Megaman set I've posted.

Thanks to all who can help.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

If there are any spriters out there. Please help me.

PhoenixFire

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this falls under copyright infringement, if you use it in a game.. You may want to change it to be a bit different, like a diiferent style helmet, and different colours. That way people will know what you're referring to, but it will be more legal to do so... Unless you have permission from the creators and distributors of the game(s)...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

I am making a fan game. I will not be changing anything.

WhiteRose

Quote from: DigitalSoul on May 30, 2011, 02:01:07 pm
I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain this falls under copyright infringement, if you use it in a game.. You may want to change it to be a bit different, like a diiferent style helmet, and different colours. That way people will know what you're referring to, but it will be more legal to do so... Unless you have permission from the creators and distributors of the game(s)...

There are plenty of fan games out there. As long as he doesn't sell it for profit, there's no harm in him making one. Of course, if the company feels like his game is doing harm to their franchise, they can send him a C&D, at which point he will indeed get in trouble if he continues the project.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Fishface

Check out this link for mega man sprites.

Here's Protoman I made from those sprites:

Spoiler: ShowHide

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

No offense. I did not ask for Protoman. I have animations for my game.

Spaceman McConaughey

Or you can accept what you get, since clearly nobody else wants to help you.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Why you are getting an attitude with me? I don't have to accept anyone's resources.

If I said was looking for "MegaMan stuff" then I would understand the post. However, I asked for specific resources. I am not entitled for anyone to help me. At the same time it is borderline spam to start posting resources someone didn't request for.

It's like making a topic asking for a Mario sprite, but someone starts to post sprites featuring Luigi, Peach, and Toad; you didn't ask for them nor need them. 

Fishface

QuoteI perfer for them to have the same style as the Megaman set I've posted.

Perhaps you didn't notice but that MegaMan sprite is from Mega Man Soccer for SNES which is the link I provided for you.

It doesn't have the specific sprites you requested although maybe you could edit or make do with what posted there.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 18, 2011, 09:55:20 pm #12 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:02:39 pm by Tuggernuts
Quote from: RATED-RKOFRANKLIN on June 18, 2011, 08:03:09 pm
Why you are getting an attitude with me? I don't have to accept anyone's resources.

If I said was looking for "MegaMan stuff" then I would understand the post. However, I asked for specific resources. I am not entitled for anyone to help me. At the same time it is borderline spam to start posting resources someone didn't request for.

It's like making a topic asking for a Mario sprite, but someone starts to post sprites featuring Luigi, Peach, and Toad; you didn't ask for them nor need them.  

1. I got an attitude? Sorry, just told it to you straight, is all. I am sorry your insignificantly-sized mind cannot handle that, and it then has to piece things together in a way they did not happen.

2. Border-line spam? You clearly have not been here long. And yes, it may not have been exactly what you wanted, but your rudeness put you in a position where nobody should or really has to give two flying fucks. And what is with those two giant and unspoilered images? It's bad on my 3G, bud. That bit of spam is uncalled for.

3. Well, here's the thing. Mega Man is a series, so when you ask for "Mega Man sprites for VX", you just may get what you did not want because you were so vague.
And if you ask for "Mario sprites", you will get more than what you wanted, because many people know the series as Mario.

4. There is a moral in this thread:
Accept what you are given, because if you are clearly such a rude person, such things only come few and far between. Moron.

winkio

Tugger, stop flaming before I give you a 24 hour ban.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 18, 2011, 10:19:52 pm #14 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:23:49 pm by Tuggernuts
Quote from: winkio on June 18, 2011, 10:14:50 pm
Tugger, stop flaming before I give you a 24 hour ban.

Hurr hur, okay master.

EDIT: Nah, gimme that ban so I can get this faggot out of my head for a day.

thanks.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

I know I have not been a very active poster on this site. However, I thought this was a good site. I'm beginning to think differently.

I don't see how I was rude to anyone. I'm not the one who is calling people's name like a six year old. Secondly, in my opinion it is spam to post resources that someone did not request for. Like I said I am not entitled for anyone to do my requests. It is very unhelpful to post resources and links to sprites that will not help the person's request. If I asked for MegaMan stuff in general then I would understand Fishface's posts. However, I asked for at least one of two characters. I also provided pictures of the characters. I was very specific about my request.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: RATED-RKOFRANKLIN on June 18, 2011, 10:58:30 pm
I know I have not been a very active poster on this site. However, I thought this was a good site. I'm beginning to think differently.

I don't see how I was rude to anyone. I'm not the one who is calling people's name like a six year old. Secondly, in my opinion it is spam to post resources that someone did not request for. Like I said I am not entitled for anyone to do my requests. It is very unhelpful to post resources and links to sprites that will not help the person's request. If I asked for MegaMan stuff in general then I would understand Fishface's posts. However, I asked for at least one of two characters. I also provided pictures of the characters. I was very specific about my request.

Also, I saw how you were rude, yes. And I never said I was not rude. I can fully acknowledge what an ass I am, and LOVE IT.
So sorry you let an ass like me ruin this great site for you. Your loss~~! <3

G_G

How is it spam? Its totally related. You asked for mega man character sets, and while he didn't give you the ones you needed, he posted a link to a bunch of megaman sprites that could serve use to you or to the person who might fulfill your request. Some of those sprites look similar to the pictures you posted, simple editing and it would be done.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Quote from: game_guy on June 18, 2011, 11:03:59 pm
How is it spam? Its totally related. You asked for mega man character sets, and while he didn't give you the ones you needed, he posted a link to a bunch of megaman sprites that could serve use to you or to the person who might fulfill your request. Some of those sprites look similar to the pictures you posted, simple editing and it would be done.

I've never been on a site where members will post resources the OP did not ask for.

I see it as spam because what was posted was not asked for. Secondly the pictures I posted was all of the information/data needed for anyone would wanted to fulfill the request. I already provided a character set to edit.

Ryex

Get off you high house man. this is the most helpful Game development forum there is. thus we give you links to resources that may help in your quest to get what you want if we can't give you exactly what you want. would you rather we just ignore your topic altogether? now THAT would be rude.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />