I don't get it

Started by The Niche, May 24, 2011, 01:26:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

Every time I try making a tileset, I end up with things like this:

On the offchance you don't think that looks bad, look what happens when you tile them:

What the fuck am I doing wrong? It looks like a fricking thermal image!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Tiled images should be very simple. You notice that from RMXP's graphics. All tiles intended for tiling have a very simple texture, usually just some colored noise like the grass or the sand.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lurvid

Yeah, what Blizz said. Best thing you could do is start by making lines that go straight across the pattern (Diagonally, Straight, In a wave pattern, whatever, as long as it ends up starting where it finished on the other side). Or, if your Fill tool supports it, switch from Fill All (Or whatever it says in whatever program you're using) to something like "Lines" or whatever. Then it'll make all those lines for you.
This might be a bit complicated, maybe picture tutorials would help.

The Niche

Back to experimenting it is then. Thanks for the pointers, guys.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!