Trouble with a script obviously

Started by Zephor, May 27, 2011, 03:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephor

I'm using the hunger and thirst script by ForeverZer0 and I'm also trying to make an intro for my game. I'm wondering how I can go about disabling the script until after the intro so it doesn't show in the corner.

ForeverZer0

I can make you a fix that will allow you to turn it on/off.

The HUD script was actually just a little add-on I made for someone's game, and a lot of different options weren't included, but it won't take much to add them in.

I'll update the HUD script within the next few hours.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Zephor

Hey just wondering if you updated the script yet?

Jragyn

Hunger_HUD Edit

Just needed a way to control the visibility of the HUD, right?
Well, now its definable by a switch.
The switch to be defined is at the bottom of the rest of the configuration.

All you need to do is copy-pasta this edit over your previous HUD, and set it accordingly.

--Jragyn
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Zephor

May 30, 2011, 10:24:53 pm #4 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:28:01 pm by Zephor
Thanks! :D

EDIT: But wait, how do I switch it on and off for cutscenes?

Jragyn

Like the name of the switch entails on line 30 of the script I posted,
the ONOFF_SWITCH must be ON if you want the HUD to be visible,
and OFF if you want the HUD to not be visible, ie: for cutscenes and whatever else you want.

Incase you have issues with this, this can be accomplished by setting the default switch (I labeled it 10) to ON/OFF with the event command on page 1 of event creation.

If you have further questions as to how this edit works, please address them to ForeverZer0.
He is a genius, you know.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?