The Official Pony Topic

Started by WhiteRose, June 02, 2011, 12:58:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SBR*

Quote from: UltaFlame on September 26, 2011, 10:06:09 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRYE9mVcNh0&feature=youtu.be

Sometimes this fandom amuses me too much.

Too... much.... happiness in this vid... NOOOOO!!!!

Anyway, I might someday watch MLP: FIS. I don't really have a problem with MLP (I think you should watch it if it makes you a happier person), but sometimes the fans piss me off limitlessly. The only thing some seem to be able to talk about is MLP and when a new season is released, they just overdo the happiness. But of course, this is just IMO.

Spaceman McConaughey

Then stop posting in here. And your very subtle "Friendship is Shit" joke is not called for.

Really, everything you post in here has at least one jab at the fans. Stop it, or quit posting in here.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

AngryPacman

Quote from: SBR* on September 27, 2011, 05:23:52 am
Anyway, I might someday play Minepoo. I don't really have a problem with Minecraft (I think you should play it if it makes you like it), but sometimes the fans piss me off limitlessly. The only thing some seem to be able to talk about is Minecraft and when a new patch is released, they just overdo the happiness. But of course, this is just IMO.

Fixed to point out your hypocrisy. <3
Anyway, I know that you like Minecraft. You play it, you severely enjoy it.
How does it feel to have it called poo? To be told that all the fans, including you, are annoying to high heaven? To have someone say that they're absolutely sick of all the hype over any news of a new release? It doesn't feel very good, does it. The fact that you somehow missed that connection makes me think you're more obnoxious and annoying than you probably are. And I like you, but I don't like it when people shit all over stuff that I like, more so when done without good reason and especially when there's a hypocrisy in it.
Basically, fanboys are gonna fanboy. Leave us alone, we leave you alone.
G_G's a silly boy.

Blizzard

I thought that I already made a point here.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

September 27, 2011, 04:28:37 pm #105 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:10:03 pm by SBR*
I'm sorry if my post didn't turn out the way I intended it to. I honestly didn't want to flame about anything, I just wanted to tell you that I am no hater and express my opinion of those who do flame people who like to watch things they don't, although my indeed wanna-be jokes might occasionally look like I am one of those. I have learned today not to post the first thing that comes up in my mind, but better rethink my sentences. My sincere apologies.

But that's enough of this. I will soon watch an episode of MLP, so I can finally develop a definite opinion on these series :).

EDIT: Oh yeah, the MC community is awful XD.

Blizzard

Just for the protocol: FIM is already the acronym for Fucking Is Magic.

Subsonic_Noise

I think you all should cool down. Fans are annoying, get over it.

winkio

Yeah, fuck air conditioning.  If I need air to be circulated I'll open up a window or something.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: winkio on September 29, 2011, 07:30:54 pm
Yeah, fuck air conditioning.  If I need air to be circulated I'll open up a window or something.

:rofl:

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

So like, I watched 3 episodes so far. The 2-parter was alright (even though because it was horribly predictable, there was an ok amount of unexpected humor and at least some messages about good values, even though they were horribly cheesy), but the 3rd episode has been done a million times already in other shows. Let's see how it all continues.

Ryex

ya the first few episodes arn't the best of the series. but they do make you want to keep watching. they only get better as it goes on.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I will definitely watch it all, there's not doubt about that. I hope it gets better. I did find the first two episodes enjoyable enough after all.

Reives

I think it does too. Although, I think this is one of the few instances where the show's charm is actually also due to the fandom's contribution. I remember I started watching it because I saw a bunch of really awesome stuff made by the fans that're so out there. I don't actually recall a point where I went "I'm now a fan", but it was pretty gradual.

There's this "Pokemon effect" after a while, which plays a role too -- you start trying seeing glimpses of background ponies and go "HAY THAT'S ____". E.g. Derpy and Doctor Whooves. It's like playing Where's Waldo. :> And when you see them you kinda associate the fandom stuff made about them with their actual characters, while the show actually doesn't have that much of depth for them itself. I'd say someone should do a study on the fan-creation effect here, but knowing the pony community someone probably already did.
:~

Blizzard

POWERTHIRST!

Also, if that was fan-made, the voice imitation was great. O_o

Spaceman McConaughey

Yes, the voices are amazing. O:

Also, Rainbow Dash as Muscle Glasses = perfect. x3

Blizzard

Ok, I've picked my favorite now. Obviously it's the eccentric, looney and random Pinky Pie. Totally reminds me of Pepé Le Pew with that jumping around calmly.

Spaceman McConaughey

Nice! Also, at this point, would you say you've joined the herd?

Blizzard

October 04, 2011, 03:27:32 pm #119 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:30:28 pm by Blizzard
Not really. It's alright and all, there are funny unexpected and random moments, but not really that great. Worth a watch if you have nothing better to do, but not really something you'd watch because it's good. I like that there's always some sort of life lesson surrounding an episode, but mostly it's just another life lesson showed in other shows a millions times. The jokes also do become relatively predictable after a while. That's probably why Pinky Pie is my favorite. I usually don't see those coming or only figure them out a second before they happen.