Truthful Quote

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, June 13, 2011, 08:53:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

So I was browsing YouTube videos, and on an IGN video review for Duke Nukem Forever, the top-rated comment was:

"CoD did for shooters what Bieber did for music. Shat all over it, basically."

That is so truthful. And it's funny, because IGN is dumb enough to compare every shooter to CoD.

Call of Duty is the most overrated and mediocre game series ever. You know MW3 coming out? I feel like I have played it three times before. *HINT HINT*
Call of Duty steels the spotlight from every superior game, while it is actually one of the worst game series of all time(my opinion. deal with it~~).

winkio

Video games, like many other forms of art, are governed by popular opinion.  Mainstream games will always be the most successful, even if they are shit.  Weird games, even if they are very fun and innovative, will never come close.  Deal with it.

Spaceman McConaughey

Might be true, but honestly, IGN was never the most professional anyways. And I find it sad people flock all over Call of Duty like flies on shit.

Blizzard

Did you know that big companies put some money on the side to buy 100000 (or something like that) copies of their own games so the become the top selling? They literally consider it part of the marketing budget. Did you know that big companies pay sites to put up good reviews? Did you know that people are stupid and not only believe every shit you tell them but they also play stupid/mediocre/generally not so good games such as CoD, Angry Birds, etc. and they actually believe that those games are good even though sometimes they are ripoffs from much better games? Fact is that most people can't appreciate good art, good music, etc. Same goes for games. It's kinda sad, really. But you have to learn to deal with it. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Indeed. And it's also funny because you see people compare games like, as a quick example, Fable III, to CoD. :facepalm:

Blizz, we have to invent something to slap the dumb out of people. :(

Blizzard

Did you forget? People love to compare apples with potatoes.
Good luck with that. People have been trying to do that for millennia now. The only thing they figured out was how to make money from their stupidity. *points to incredibly stupid games making more money than good games*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

I know. It's just frustrating, is all. D:

Blizzard

The Niche

Quote from: Blizzard on June 14, 2011, 09:25:44 am
I feel you, man. ._.

:naughty:

Quote from: Blizzard on June 14, 2011, 02:14:00 am
Did you know that big companies put some money on the side to buy 100000 (or something like that) copies of their own games so the become the top selling? They literally consider it part of the marketing budget. Did you know that big companies pay sites to put up good reviews? Did you know that people are stupid and not only believe every shit you tell them but they also play stupid/mediocre/generally not so good games such as CoD, Angry Birds, etc. and they actually believe that those games are good even though sometimes they are ripoffs from much better games? Fact is that most people can't appreciate good art, good music, etc. Same goes for games. It's kinda sad, really. But you have to learn to deal with it. :/

Read my current winkio quote. (:V: I believe you)

@Branden: Best fucking quote ever.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Subsonic_Noise

They should totally take those games they bought and sell them again. To themselves.

Blizzard

Quote from: The Niche on June 14, 2011, 12:55:50 pm
Read my current winkio quote. (:V: I believe you)

Seriously, they do that. It's part of their marketing budget. What's 5 Million Dollar spent on buying their own games (from which they probably get back 80% or more since they are the publishers anyway) for a company that invests 500 Million Dollar into a game? I don't know exactly where they did it was and which company it was, but one of the big companies (EA Games, Activision, etc.) did admit that they do that kind of stuff. :/ I think Modern Warfare 1 was pushed up on the top lists with something like this, but I can't say for sure, I forgot.

Spaceman McConaughey

I don't see any reason they'd have to not do it.

Blizzard

Of course, but it's still sleazy market manipulation. Basically who has the most money can stay on top regardless of the quality of their games. That in itself is marketing enough to encourage more people to buy the game even though the game is mediocre. I think this kind of market manipulation is actually illegal. They basically have to hire and give people money so that they buy the game which equals bribing.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on June 14, 2011, 04:04:10 pm
Of course, but it's still sleazy market manipulation. Basically who has the most money can stay on top regardless of the quality of their games. That in itself is marketing enough to encourage more people to buy the game even though the game is mediocre. I think this kind of market manipulation is actually illegal. They basically have to hire and give people money so that they buy the game which equals bribing.

I never said it wasn't sleazy. I think it's very wrong, as well. And I also agree it should be a crime. :/