How do I make a Patrol with Blizz-ABS?

Started by tahu090, June 04, 2011, 07:32:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tahu090

June 04, 2011, 07:32:03 pm Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:34:51 pm by tahu090
I am trying to make a dungeon type thing with patrols in it and I can't figure them out.

Basically what I want is an enemy that walks up and down a hall repetitively then calls for help when the player gets within 5 squares of it. Then I would want the patrol to stop walking and fight the player.

Those of you who are familiar with Oblivion side quests (like parts of Dark Brotherhood and Shivering Isles) should understand me.

I've pretty much gotten it, except when he alerts the others, he just keeps walking and attacks whenever he gets near the player. Also, he doesn't turn when he walks, as if direction fix was on.

If it makes a difference, I'm using the 2.83 version.

Holyrapid

First, create the enemy in the config-app, then set it like this:

• FIRST OF ALL! If you haven't created the enemy in the database, go do it! after that, or if you already have made the enemy there, continue down the list

• check the unique AI setup

• check the call for help box

• this ones optional: check the unique perception range, so you can modify the hearing percentage, if you want to.

Then, after inserting the configured script, go make the enemy like so:

• set the enemy event

• choose in the autonomous movement box, from the drop-down menu, instead of "fixed" choose "custom" and then click the move route button, that became clickable, set up your wanted move route, then press ok, so that the move route is applied. Then press ok, so that the enemy-event is applied.

then, set up the rest of the enemies in the same way.[/list]

tahu090

Everything you listed I have already done.

Spaceman McConaughey

"Your patronism offends me"

That was rude and uncalled for.

"Everything you listed I have already done."

Should have specified that before being a rude little n00b, right? Exactly.