[XP]BABS HUD Coloring & Tweaks

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, April 25, 2011, 11:16:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

April 25, 2011, 11:16:53 am Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:32:45 pm by Tuggernuts
Introduction:
This tutorial will teach you how to change the colors in your BABS game's minimap.

The Process:
1. Open up your game's script editor in RMXP.
2. Open up the second part of Blizz ABS.
3. Search for this "Creates the minimap autotile for passability."
4. Now, you are going to want to edit the lines of code inside of the ( ) symbols:
    def _minimap_autotile
     b = Bitmap.new(24, 32)
     c1 = Color.new(191, 191, 191)
     c2 = Color.new(255, 255, 255)

The ones you want to edit, are:

c1 controls the minimap autotile color, so if you want it to be another hue, change the values there.
c2 controls the minimap autotile border color, so if you want it to be another hue, change the values there.

Something important to know is that the numbers you see go in this order: red, green, blue. Look below for an example.
      c1 = Color.new(0, 102, 255)
     c2 = Color.new(119, 187, 51)

This would be an example if you wanted a blue map autotile with a faded green border.

And now you're done!
Extra Information:
Well, it may not seem the bets it can be, I bet. I am sleep deprived at the time of writing this up. :o
This is my first tutorial. Hope it helped you, anyways. :)

G_G

Nice. You should turn it into a "Blizz-ABS Coloring" Figured out how to change the colors of the Bar hud and whatnot.

Spaceman McConaughey

I figured out where the bar gradients are controlled, just need to find out where their colors are and I'll edit the first post.

winkio

part 2 lines 603-983 are where all the Blizz-ABS bitmaps are defined.

Blizzard

HURR HURR HURR
Somebody figured it out. xD
Yes, I actually added these kind of things in Blizz-ABS. You could call them unofficial options.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

lol

Also, whenever I have this tutorial complete, you think it could please be moved to the database? :3

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

karldaylo

Thank you tuggernuts :) lol i never thought you would post it on forums ... anywas// thanks again :D
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt