Serious question

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, June 15, 2011, 01:03:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Okay, so lately I have been getting very emotional. Examples are:

I watch a movie and gain a strong bond with the cast, and cry through the sad parts, let out tears of joy through the happy parts, ect.
The same goes for videogames. Was playing Fable III, and cried like a little bitch at the ending.
Just saw the ending cutscene of Wind Waker again after years, and sure enough... there was a mix of sad and happy tears.

Other examples are:
I listen to certain songs, and I start to cry. For example, something like an intense orchestra piece, or a calming one.
Also songs from games in my childhood. Like I listened to the main theme of Yoshi's Story, and I started sobbing while getting memories of when I was a kid playing it.
I do not know why, it's kind of weird.

Of course there are more, but I will not go into detail there.

So my question is, is this normal? Would there be any particular reason behind this? This has not happened before, as far as I know, and I am just curious why.

P.S. Please, I only want serious answers here. If you are going to be rude, or joking about this, don't post. I am looking for a serious answer, because I am curious.

WhiteRose

I don't think being emotional is a bad thing. I don't get particularly emotional, but I know some people who do. I think it's pretty normal.

Spaceman McConaughey

Well, I know it's not bad. I am just curious as to why it's happening all of the sudden. D:

Ryex

June 15, 2011, 01:22:03 am #3 Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:20:30 am by Ryex
I'd have to say the answer is puberty.

personalty I've noticed the same thing things that would not of sparked a reaction now spark a small, but still noticeable, reaction from me. we as males literally have deadened emotions compared the the fairer sex because we produce far less estrogen and other female dormant hormones. but puberty cause you to produce more hormones in general so i would assume that heightened emotional sensitivity would be a fairly common side effect.

there is also the fact that as we get older it gets far easier to create less superficial bonds to fictional characters and we can read subtext better thus movies and books ect. can inspire more prominent emotional reactions.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

Sounds pretty reasonable. Thanks.

Blizzard

This is a good thing for sure. When I started opening up properly, I used to have similar reactions. In certain moments, I would just be overwhelmed with emotions and my eyes would fill with tears. That started a year ago, not while I was in puberty. Sometimes there wasn't even a much emotionally engaging scene.
So it's not just normal, it's a good thing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Thank you for the feedback. Glad there is nothing wrong with me. xD

G_G

Quote from: Tuggernuts on June 15, 2011, 02:30:03 am
Thank you for the feedback. Glad there is nothing wrong with me. xD

I wouldn't jump to conclusions now....being emotional isn't weird, but acting homosexual in a hardcore way is somewhat weird, but still hilarious. <3

Taboo

Recently, I've found things like that can have such effects on my as well. Whether it be a song from my childhood, talking to old friends, or merely cooking bacon. Such things bring out emotions in me that are almost alien in nature and feeling.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Tuggernuts on June 15, 2011, 02:30:03 am
Glad there is nothing wrong with me. xD

There's several things wrong with you, just not this. I second what Blizz said, and, I'll attest that over the past year or so, the same thing has happened to me. Another reason why things like that happen, are based in good / bad memories of your life. A song, picture, sensation may remind you subconsciencly of a good or bad memory from your childhood, and you won't consciencly recognize what it is, but you will definitely feel the effect it has, and yes, puberty strengthens emotions, for that very reason. More hormones = more noticeable reactions on an emotional level.. I'm not a licensed psychologist, but when you've had several friends go into the field, you toend to hear about it alot :facepalm:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?