[C#] Snipping Tool

Started by ForeverZer0, June 17, 2011, 11:56:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

June 17, 2011, 11:56:27 pm Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:05:50 pm by ForeverZer0
Snipping Tool

This little tool us useful for taking screen captures on portions of the screen. It is a no-install, extremely lightweight application with practically no overhead, and there are a lot of neat features squeezed into the tiny program.

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Features

• Very versatile. Can capture any portion of the screen with a simple click and drag

• Automatically copies captured image to the clipboard

• Can save and/or open captured images directly from the application in 3 different formats (PNG, JPEG, Bitmap)

• Shows in notification area, taskbar, or both. When in left-clicked from notification area, screen capture mode is automatically started for quick snips

• User definable color and style for the selection rectangle

• Automatically removes GUI from screen when capture mode begins so it doesn't block any portion of the screen

• Image preview of snipped screen in GUI

Downloads

(130 KB) by ForeverZer0

Requires [url=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=41&SrcFamilyId=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&SrcDisplayLang=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2f5%2f6%2f7%2f567758a3-759e-473e-bf8f-52154438565a%2fdotnetfx.exe]Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0
or higher.
Download and install if you get a "Failed to initialize" error when attempting to execute program.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

Oh my God. Finally something to replace Window's snipping tool. Great job, and a level up to add to your already big, black and mean level. <3

WhiteRose

Looks neat, Zer0. Good job! How does this compare to the built-in Windows snipping tool?

G_G

Very nice. I made something similar awhile back. At that time I had no clue of the built in snipping tool. :S

Blizzard

How does it work with rendered stuff such as games or movies using DirectX, OpenGL or some other sort of renderer?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Haven't tried it. I imagine it will be work fine, it pretty much just transfers whatever is in the rectangle and puts it into an image.

I'll do some testing and let you know.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Do that. Screen capturing a rendered region doesn't work the same way as a normal Windows rendered region does.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Okay, well it seems to work fine when doing screenshots of pcsx2 using a DirectX renderer, and also with epsxe using an OpenGL one.

Blizzard

It works with any kind of game then? What about video players?

Ryex

I tested it on a youtube video and it worked fine.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

I shall be hijacking this program :)

And a level up to you good sir! Good work!
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

Works just fine with games.

Blizzard

Great. <3 I might just dump Hypersnap DX for this. <3