Weird people

Started by Blizzard, June 18, 2011, 04:00:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

June 18, 2011, 04:00:21 am Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:01:48 am by Blizzard
QuoteMe: *grabs girl by arm and pulls slightly over* Hey, I saw you walking by and I couldn't pass on the chance to get to know you. I'm Boris.
Her: Hi, I'm -----.
Me: Nice to meet you.
Her: Do you like penguins?
Me: No. But I like cats. You know why? They are independent and know what they want. Do you know what you want from life?
Her: Erm... No.
Me: ... Alright, have a nice time tonight. *goes away*

That happened to me a few weeks ago.

Penguins? Seriously?!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

._. What you got against penguins?

Blizzard

._. In fact nothing. I was just weirded out by the randomness of the question. The first thing I thought about was the Linux penguin, but I didn't want to say "Hey, that's like the Linux penguin, isn't it?" so I just took charge of the whole conversation and lead it where I wanted it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Honestly, reading the conversation I can't tell who is weirder.

Ryex

oh wow. Thats is the type of thing I would of done. the penguin comment that is.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on June 18, 2011, 04:00:21 am
QuoteMe: *grabs girl by arm and pulls slightly over* Hey, I saw you walking by and I'm about to recite a sentence to you I say to about 20 girls every week, with the intention to have wild, hot sex. I'm Boris.

Blizzard

June 18, 2011, 03:24:44 pm #6 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:27:07 pm by Blizzard
I'm just being honest, I don't see anything wrong about that. e.g. Yesterday I approached a girl and told her that she had such great legs that I wanted to meet her. She was into it. Half a minute later there was a power blackout at the club that left me too baffled so I went on. xD

Believe it or not, women like guys that get women even more. It's like "He has women? Why? Why is he so special? I want him, too! I want to be around him!" Also yesterday, I did another approach that didn't work out. Once I returned to my spot, one of the 4 girls in the group where the one was that I approached came to me and told me she did want to meet me. It was hard to tell whether she was just trying to mess with me or not so I decided that she was and simply had some fun with it. When she got back to her group, she was talking about me the whole time and pointing to me. Other girls in the room saw that and this was good for me because then the others were "Why is she pointing at him? What did he do? She seems amused. I want to be amused, too! I wish he'd come talk to me!". :naughty: Female psychology, oh god.

Quote from: winkio on June 18, 2011, 11:49:48 am
Honestly, reading the conversation I can't tell who is weirder.

I have high standards. :V: No, seriously, I do.

Vell

That's not just female psychology - it works on men, too. It's the same way people want to hang out with the people who seem popular. A) they hope the popularity rubs off on them, B) It feels good to be part of a crowd. True, if you stop and think about it it -is- silly, but it happens.

Blizzard

To my experience not as much as with women, but yes, it does.

Vell

Well your experience is paying a lot of attention to women, do you even try to find trends in your peers' behavior except to find what does and doesn't work for attracting a female? Or other such comparative things.

Subsonic_Noise

lol, Blizzard, I wasn't critizing you. Just having a bit of fun.. also, please try that line. :P

Blizzard

LMAO! I just might try it tonight with a bit of variation and tell you tomorrow how it went. xD I've heard stories about introductions like "Hi, I've approached 20 other women tonight and I'm too lazy to think of another line for you. I'm XYZ." that swept them off their feet. But you have to be badass and stand behind what you say. You have to radiate confidence for this to work I'd imagine. The most badass I've heard was "You know what? I've been here tonight. And I've met somebody already. The last thing I remember is that we were getting naked and that I am here again because I'm not satisfied yet." For the record: That guy wasn't lying.

@Ulta: Actually I do notice a lot of similarities in behavior and I keep learning. It's just that my main focus is appliance of the kind of knowledge and skills in seduction rather than social interaction, but I do use social interactions to test hypotheses and find new patterns.

Lol, this sounds like I am a total professor-manipulative bastard during social interactions. It's more like "let's try this kind of reaction.", "I'll smile this time.", "I'll just stop talking now." and afterward I think "Ah, interesting reaction. So doing this generally yields these results.". I'm altering my own view of the world to understand it better and create a model in my head that responds to the actual system rather than being blissfully ignorant. I can't go back anymore.

Vell

Well of course. If you're even at least partially autistic, as you said in the past, this sort of methodical 'watch and learn' method of social interaction is the best way you can teach yourself - especially since it doesn't come easy to individuals like us. I mean, I've had teachers teaching me how to interact with people.

An interesting book I've neglected to finish reading(because I know most if not all of the info; I'm reading it because it is interesting) is Curiouslly Social and Socially Curious. It's for people who have trouble interacting with people... even though I recommend it for its interestingness, not so that I hope you get anything out of it xD!

But no, yeah, I get what you mean and I do the same thing... except I don't care about seduction (being an orange is weird, yo) so I pay attention more to everyone in all their circumstances to find how people generally are and how they generally aren't and how to determine, well, what people passively determine by stealing a quick glance at people.

Blizzard

That sounds interesting, but I would like some advanced and expert literature on that topic if you know any. :)

Vell

What, the social thing? ...Socially Curious and Curiously Social(one title) is a book written by experts who have worked with people for years and have tested the theories and etc put forth by the book. It gives a lot of useful insight and stuff. It's also put forth in a manner that'd be interesting to a teen who is frustrated but not interested, exactly, in reading.

If you like, I could ask a friend of mine for some more, uh, "Professional" articles or such, since she's done genuine research into it (she's one of my teachers and can definitely provide a number of things)

Blizzard

Never mind then, I thought those books were only basic stuff so people with poor social skills could start out.

Taboo

lol@ the idea that Blizzard actually gets women.

winkio

lol@ the idea that getting women is difficult.

Blizzard

June 19, 2011, 04:20:57 pm #18 Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:22:55 pm by Blizzard
Just lol.

winkio