Weird people

Started by Blizzard, June 18, 2011, 04:00:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

@Blizz: You seem to know everything because I only ask you for advice on things you would know about. Except that split personality thing. That was just me presuming you know everything.

Also yeah. *Goes off to torrent some of this stuff*
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on June 20, 2011, 05:49:29 pm
wait, I think you got something wrong Blizz.  I'm not looking to learn basics here, my social skills are far above average.  I'm just interested in hearing new theories or ideas on the subject, and more specifically, sophisticated ideas and theories.

I know you don't, I was throwing that thing with starting out just in there randomly. xD

From what I learned so far, seduction theory is the most accurate. The other stuff is ok and all, but seduction theories are just a few steps ahead and quite accurate. The main reason is probably because seduction relies heavily on primal instincts and emotions while social interactions are partly conscious and can be easier influenced and manipulated. But since most of it is non-verbal and most people don't pick up these signals consciously, it's a lot harder to observe the appliance of seduction. It's much easier to understand simple social interactions, because they conscious for the most part so they are easier to learn and analyze. Think in terms of consciousness vs. subconsciousness. It's significantly harder to train your subconsciousness through direct experience than to learn something consciously from a book. Not that social interactions are not conscious at all, but they are more conscious than other areas.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

I wonder if anyone here would believe me if I told them I have a measure of control over my subconscious

Blizzard

Don't be so sure. Paranoia is your subconscious controlling you.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Ah, it's a bit of a back and forth thing. We work together, mostly.

The Niche

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 21, 2011, 06:09:24 am
I wonder if anyone here would believe me if I told them I have a measure of control over my subconscious

It's possible. I've have some disturbing experiences with subconsciouses, so I know enough to know I have no idea what they really are. Would you mind expanding?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Vell

? I don't fully understand your question.

Mostly, it's that I'm capable of retreating fully into my subconscious, to react purely on instinct and reflex, with a pre-programmed set of ideas in mind.

I've practiced and now can just 'set' things - for example, I don't feel temperature in the air. If it's cold, or if it's hot? I don't feel it. I'll be sweaty, but I won't feel hot. I'll feel bogged down by humidity, but not hot.

In addition, I can make small or major reforms to my mental process over a relatively short period of time. For instance, I frequently check myself for feelings of hate and reorder those feelings to be general dislike / not hate. I've destroyed feelings of love for people twice in the past, as well. Not others' for me - I've bypassed the 'slowly get over' phase by targeting my conscious and subconscious emotions for the person and simply erasing them... though it's a far cry from eliminating that and eliminating the ability to love. And I still feel loneliness.

I'm not a complete robot, though I've heard the way I manipulate my mind referred to as robotic.

Blizzard

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 21, 2011, 12:29:17 pm
Ah, it's a bit of a back and forth thing. We work together, mostly.

No, paranoia is a fear. You either submit to the fear or you override it. If you submit, you let it control you. If you override it / face it, then you stop being paranoid. I don't see how you can "work together" if you are paranoid all the time.

Vell

Because I'm weird, duh. I'm paranoid and I'm subject to it and also combating it, but at the same time I can tell my subconscious to do other things with a swift snout punch.

I haven't just erased my paranoia because I don't know what is the root cause of it. If I found that out it'd be simple, but since I can't, it'll have to be gotten rid of the long, hard way.

Blizzard

Could be a deep-rooted fear to be hurt when you open up, when people get to know the real you. I had a similar issue a long time ago.