I'm Sailing Away

Started by WhiteRose, June 21, 2011, 12:24:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

I haven't really told anyone yet, but a while ago I applied to be a foreign exchange student, thinking it would be a neat experience. I didn't think that my application would be chosen, as I was sure there were more eligible students applying. Well, turns out it was. Early tomorrow morning, I'll be packing up and moving to Taiwan.

I'm not sure what my internet situation will be, and how much free time I will have. It's possible that I won't be able to come here again until I return. Thus, this topic: my farewell to all of you.

I'll try to avoid being sappy - after all, I'm not leaving forever. I'm just going away for a while. My experience on this forum has been excellent. I don't have many friends in real life, probably because I'm so quiet, but I feel like I have met some true friends here. The people here are fantastic. I'm sure by the time I return, you'll all have accomplished amazing things.

I wish I had time to thank everyone individually, but I'll have to generalize a little, as I'm sure you don't want to read all of that.

To winkio, Niche, AliveDrive, and the rest of the SoD team, I wish you the best of luck on the project. Sorry I wasn't able to contribute more. If things are still in progress when I get back, I'll be more than happy to help tie things up.

To ForeverZer0, game_guy, and the ARC team, I'm sure you don't need my best wishes, but you have them anyway. I've been astounded by the progress you all have made, and I know that the project will have evolved into something fantastic by the time I return.

To Aqua, Ryex, GAX, and the rest of the mod team around here, being part of such an excellent group has been one of the best experiences I've ever had. I know I probably won't be able to retain my position as a mod once I leave, as I'll be unable to contribute, but I'll work hard to earn it back once I return.

To Hexamin, Zeriab, and other members who don't visit any more, I know you probably won't ever read this, but you've helped make this forum what it is now. Thanks.

Finally, to Blizzard, I don't even really have words to describe what I want to say. If not for you, none of this would even be here. Thank you.

The last thing I want to leave you is a promise - though I may not be able to log on while I'm away, I will, without any shadow of a doubt, come back here once I've returned to the US. I've even set up reminders to myself to be sure I won't forget, though I know I won't.

I will return July, 2013.

Well, that's that then. Virtual hugs and handshakes all around. I'll be sticking around for the rest of the day, so if there's anything you'd like to say, feel free.

Vell

Awww no! D: You were interesting, I was hoping to talk to you more often. ;-; Oh well. Bye bye WhiteRose, enjoy your experience. /o/ We'll remember you!

winkio

Exciting!  Good luck, have fun and all.  Do you have any experience with the language?  And I'm sure they will have internet connections, Taiwan is a well developed country.  True, you might not have as much time, but you can still keep in touch.

Subsonic_Noise

I wasn't referenced in this post. Am I not excellent? :(

Also, have a good time in taiwan, have alot of interesting experiences and take your rape whistle with you, you never know when you'll need that! :D

PhoenixFire

All I can say here is congrats on being picked!!

Taiwan is a very fun place, as I am sure you will find out soon enough. Plenty to keep you busy. Although we may not have spoken much, you were one of the first on here to become interested in my site, before the server suicide it had. I wish you the best of luck, and a safe trip. I'm sure they will have internet access, but if for some reason you cannot get back, I look forward to seeing you again upon your return.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

@Ulta: I was hoping to get to know you better as well. Don't worry - even if we aren't able to chat while I'm gone, I'll catch up with you when I get back.

@winkio: I've actually taken five years of Mandarin classes, so I know quite a bit of the language. I'm sure my skills in it will improve while I'm there. As for the internet, the main reason I don't think I'll be able to use it often is because I'm not taking my laptop, and I don't have a phone any more as it was stolen. Regardless, I'll try to visit as much as possible.

@Sub: Don't worry, I think you're fantastic! You've always been really nice to me and your unique humor has made me laugh plenty of times. As I mentioned, there are a ton of people I'd like to thank, but I chose to thank groups in general.

@DigitalSoul: Thanks! Best of luck to you as well.

GLADoS

Hello, Tuggernuts here. I am NOT going to miss a chance to say goodbye, so I am posting from this dupe.

Bye, WhiteRose! Please, stay safe, and make friends in Taiwan. :) I am going to miss you, and I think you're awesome. Though, I am never sure you had the highest opinion of me, that still does not change how much I'll miss you. Again, stay safe, and make some friends. And have fun. :D

@the staff: there, I'm done. leaving now.

WhiteRose

Quote from: GLADoS on June 21, 2011, 04:28:14 pm
Hello, Tuggernuts here. I am NOT going to miss a chance to say goodbye, so I am posting from this dupe.

Bye, WhiteRose! Please, stay safe, and make friends in Taiwan. :) I am going to miss you, and I think you're awesome. Though, I am never sure you had the highest opinion of me, that still does not change how much I'll miss you. Again, stay safe, and make some friends. And have fun. :D

Thanks, Tugger. As for my opinion of you, I've always thought well of you, and considered you a good friend.

game_guy_dup

Quote from: GLADoS on June 21, 2011, 04:28:14 pm

This basically. Its G_G if you couldn't tell. Bye Rose, hope you have a great time. You better not forget about us. >:U

GAX

Bye-bye Rose, hope you have fun in Taiwan.  If you can get on the internet, stop by and say hi!

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Aqua

June 21, 2011, 07:53:23 pm #10 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:20:02 pm by Aqua
Hooooly craaaap.
That's a long time for an exchange program.

But don't worry, the internet situation should be fine.
If you're living on campus of a university, there's probably wifi.
So be sure to visit us~

Ni xi huan xue xi han yu, ma?
(Do you like to study Mandarin?)

GLADoS

Quote from: WhiteRose on June 21, 2011, 04:40:11 pm
Thanks, Tugger. As for my opinion of you, I've always thought well of you, and considered you a good friend.

Thank you so much. <3

@mods: I feel it deserved a response. bye now.

WhiteRose

@G_G: Thanks! Don't worry; I'll never forget about you, especially not in only two years.

@GAX: I'll be sure to drop in if I get a chance!

@Aqua: Yeah, I agree it's a long time. I hope you're right about WiFi - it'd be nice to be able to visit now and again, though I'd have to buy a new computer, or at least borrow someone's.

Vell

Question: If you're leaving for two years, why not bring your laptop?

WhiteRose

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 21, 2011, 09:12:44 pm
Question: If you're leaving for two years, why not bring your laptop?

Well, a couple of reasons. Mostly because I'm afraid of it being damaged or stolen, but also because it's a pretty big and heavy laptop.

Anyway, this is it, everyone. I'm signing out. I won't see anything posted after this until the next time I'm able to log in. Goodbye!

*hugs*

winkio

I'm guessing that will be relatively soon.  See you then!

Wizered67

Bye WhiteRose, have a good time in Taiwan. I'm sure everyone here will really miss you. I remember when I first came to Chaos Project, I was having trouble getting RMX-OS to work. Shortly after I posted my problem, you replied and tried to help me. Thanks to your help I was finally able to get it working. One of the reasons I decided to stay here after getting my problem fixed was because I realized how helpful everyone here is. Thank you, and I really appreciate how you helped me then even though I was brand new to this forum and pretty much RMXP in general.   

Zeriab

*hugs WhiteRose goodbye*

I hope your trip will give you plenty of nice and good experiences ^_^

Blizzard

June 22, 2011, 04:33:00 am #18 Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:36:04 am by Blizzard

@Tuggernuts/G_G: It's ok. I'll delete your dupes now.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

Thought I drop to say bye, even though you probably won't see it :/

Well bye Rose :(

Now I have to go and finish my final exam ;)