Talk About Becoming a Mod

Started by Vell, June 20, 2011, 05:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

And I doubt I'd ever get a mod position again! Not only because of that incident but mostly because I'm just not active enough and don't look at enough places to make it worth it. Although I guess I'd check up on the reports often - but do people regularly use the report function? Either way.

PhoenixFire

Well, I don't think frequency of forum use has much to do with it, since I'm on every few hours, even at work, and yet: DigitalSoul != Moderator lolz  :haha:  Anyways, I agree Blizz. Trolling is one thing, but it appears after my comment, things went downhill very fast there... I would also like to point out I wasn't taking sides. The flaming was unnecessary, but topic became locked by the next time I checked it, just a few hours later, so, I couldn't tell off a few other people too. Anyways, even what I said could be considered slightly over the line, depending how someone takes it, regardless of intention, so I would like to add, always be conscientious about what is being posted, and how someone could take it...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Vell

Well, see, I basically check the spam forum and the chat forums, and those already have mods so lol.

PhoenixFire

Oh, I check just about everything.. And one thing I learned having my own forum(s) is that you can never have enough mods :^_^': well, technically you can, but, having a few extra people is always good, because it covers more time that people are online.. Like me, I'm on just about every other hour or so, to check on replies, new members, interesting posts, etc..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

winkio

Blizz has an interesting way of picking mods.  He doesn't just pick them out of the blue, there has to be both an opportunity for a new mod and a good candidate.

PhoenixFire

Oh, i know that one.. Wasn't saying that he should make us all mods.. Sorry if that's how it sounded :facepalm: No, I was more along the lines referring to what Ulta said, as time being online doesn't have much to do with it.

Vell

There's periods of times when I'm not here for days or weeks at a time. I'm just not on regularly enough to warrant being a mod. There's also a variety of other reasons and - how did we get on this topic? It's rather irrelevant.

But no, yeah, if you feel lik eyou need a break for whatever time but can't hold yourself to it, just politely request a mod to ban you for a while. I did it all the time back before.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on June 20, 2011, 07:45:55 pm
Blizz has an interesting way of picking mods.  He doesn't just pick them out of the blue, there has to be both an opportunity for a new mod and a good candidate.

Yeah, definitely. It just hits me at one moment. e.g. I was reading some posts and I see a member helping out somebody yet again. Then I remember that this person was doing it quite often recently. Bam, there's a new mod. xD I rely on my instinct for that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

There should be an annual mod abuse day

GAX

Quote from: Blizzard on June 21, 2011, 04:47:00 am
Quote from: winkio on June 20, 2011, 07:45:55 pm

Yeah, definitely. It just hits me at one moment. e.g. I was reading some posts and I see a member helping out somebody yet again. Then I remember that this person was doing it quite often recently. Bam, there's a new mod. xD I rely on my instinct for that.

I seriously can't remember how I ever got to be mod, let alone Global.

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 21, 2011, 06:07:23 am
There should be an annual mod abuse day

We call that April Fools day, or any time Blizzard decides to call us into the clubhouse for alcohol and debauchery.

Or do you mean members abusing the mods?

(Now that I think about it, when do we mods NOT abuse our power?)

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Vell

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on June 21, 2011, 06:10:08 ammembers abusing the mods

Yupyup.

The enemy is gunning for you.

Be careful, star fox Mod team.

The Niche

What like a day where we can flame the mods all we like with no fear of consequences? That sounds like fun. Except that I just promised to be a pacifist when it comes to flaming.

:derp:
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!