Warcraft III Chaos Project Hamachi Games

Started by Ryex, June 25, 2011, 01:05:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

June 25, 2011, 01:05:38 am Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:41:39 pm by Ryex
a while back we were arranging Starcraft games over Hamachi.

I was wondering if anyone was interesting in doing the same thing with Warcraft III

here is the process http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9992.msg148130.html#msg148130
really simple for the host, pretty simple for people wanting to play.

also for people interesting in getting a copy of Warcraft III I might be able to help you. PM me for further details.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

That might be fun actually.. I would also like to suggest the same thing for Diablo Hellfire.. It can use the same process as the WC3 setup, but for a diff program.. WC3 is a good game choice, but my computer doesnt like to run it well :P
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

what kind of crap computer do you have that it doesn't run Warcraft 3!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

He must be running an old IBM using Windows 95.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Well, the laptop is a 6 year old Dell.. I'm sure my desktop can run it, seeing as though its a Dell XPS 420... But I rarely even start it up.. Not to mention it doesn't even boot up properly at the moment.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

Anyway to set one up without hamachi? I understand if not, I really don't like the program in general. Very helpful and useful but meh.

Ryex

Ryex

June 28, 2011, 02:40:46 pm #8 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:42:32 pm by Ryex
well me and G_G got a game running. took us some experimentation and several failed attempt's but we got it working

you'll need hamachi and WC3Proxy

the WC3proxy.exe needs to be in the same folder with warcraft3

if your a host just run hamachi and host a game normally
if your joining a game run WC3 proxy enter the host hamachi ip address select the right game settings and let it search for the game. then press the button to start warcraft and join the game under local area network

GAX

Got my hopes up from the title name at first, thought you were talkin about making a Custom WCIII campaign based off Chaos Project.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Tazero

If you were a fish...