need alittle help plz (RESOLVED)

Started by Aregoneos, June 25, 2011, 11:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aregoneos

June 25, 2011, 11:08:32 pm Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:24:03 pm by Aregoneos
trying to get Visual Equipment to work in my game and thought to myself that i have no idea how to get it to work. have the script in the right spot but it keeps telling me that it cant find the sprite but i have the image in the Graphics/Characters folder but it still cant find them can someone plz take a look and tell me what im doing wrong plz and thank you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3us5a1r1srm0vm/Game.exe

Link has been fixed

thank you for all the help that everyone will give me
@&!

Twb6543

June 26, 2011, 05:40:03 am #1 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:44:02 am by Twb6543
First of all the game you posted has no Graphics\Characters folder or images
Second what scripts are you using as the only visual equipment script I know of is Modern Algebras Composite Characters/Visual Equipment script which is for VX not XP and is probably not compatible or even supposed to run on XP.

I have now found a few scripts that allow for visual equipment in xp so the second point doesn't really count but I still need to know what scripts you are using to help you.

Thirdly I can't open your game file as it was made by a older version of XP so I can't take a look at any scripts inside (which is why I am asking what scripts are you using).
If you put a million monkeys at a million keyboards, one of them will eventually write a Java program.
The rest of them will write Perl programs.

Aregoneos

I'm using the abs plugin for it its in the script database on this site and all my all the images that I was trying to use are in the icon folder as of right now the only reason they are not in the right folder is so it would be able to be tested and Ty for the replay as well and if you don't mind how do I get a newer version of xp I download from site and payed for it not too long ago so I would think it to be the newest one lol Ty again
@&!

G_G

Quote from: Twb6543 on June 26, 2011, 05:40:03 am
Thirdly I can't open your game file as it was made by a older version of XP so I can't take a look at any scripts inside (which is why I am asking what scripts are you using).

Simply just replace the Game.rxproj and it'll fix this.

ForeverZer0

You can open the game by opening up Game.ini and Game.rxproj and changing the version number.

You do know that your game does not contain Visual Equipment for BABS, right?
Its no where to be found.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Aregoneos

yes this I know bc with it in there the game will not start it tells me that a15 can not be found or something like that
@&!

ForeverZer0

No one can help you if you do not include a project that is throwing the error, since they cannot tell what you are doing wrong.

Add the script, configure it, and then re-upload it in whatever state it is in that causes the crash. It sounds like you just don't have the graphics in the right folder. 
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Aregoneos

will do that when I get home tonight
sorry about that did not mean to waste everyone's time
@&!

Aregoneos

ok here is the new link with everything done to it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3us5a1r1srm0vm/Game.exe

now i have gotten it where i can put everything on but it still will not show up but will not crash but when i put on the armor it tells me that it can find A17 and crashes
@&!

ForeverZer0

You don't have your equipment prefixed correctly.

ARMOR_PREFIX = "Equipment/a"

That slash means that Equipment is a folder, and its looking in that folder for a file names "a17.png", not  "Equipmenta17.png"

Either rename your files with a simple "a" and "w" then the number, and place them in a new folder in the Characters folder named "Equipment", or you can simply take the "/" out of the prefix configuration.