[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalgalamoth

wow! so cool! thanks a lot! I will check them now n.n

Amazing, thanks for your help!

SolarisSpell

I must say, this is some kind of unthinkable witchcraft, and it is amazing.

I'm having a lot of little problems after implementing it, but I'm fighting to make it compatible with my project. I'm sure it will be worth it.

So, great job

Metalgalamoth

I got a new crash error. Script XPA Main: Line 19: RuntimeWError ocurred. Traceback too big. Outpo}ut in traceback.log
What is that? lol

KK20

Already answered in a PM, but posting here for others.

XPA comes equipped with a traceback script for better debugging (see Main). The pop-up window that typically happens when an error occurs can only fit so much text in it. If your traceback is too large, as a result, it outputs the error to an external LOG file in your game project's folder.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

SolarisSpell

I got those errors from time to time. A file named 'traceback.log' located in your game folder should have the error info, but some times it says the error but not where it happens, so just check both the error pop-up and the tracebak file and it should be ok

brofalla

July 19, 2021, 12:27:25 pm #385 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:33:58 pm by brofalla
I was playing around with RMXPAce and tried porting an older game.
With RMXPAce I get the left image and without it the right image.
I also get the right image when I use XP Ace Tilemap & XPA_Window
standalone without the rest of RMXPAce.

https://imgur.com/a/A7x4UyY

Do you have an idea what could cause this rendering problem ?
The script is perfectly fine and has throws no errors.

The problem of not displaying the graphics only happens in certain scenes,
but works the rest of the time.

KK20

When you mean by standalone, do you mean you're running on XP/RGSS1 engine? or XPA with most of the extra scripts I added removed?

It seems like a simple Z layer issue to me.

Other Projects

SolarisSpell

July 21, 2021, 08:16:41 am #387 Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 08:29:34 am by SolarisSpell
When I updated to XPA, I also had problems with some images overlapping others.
It was specially clear during combat, as some battler where above its window, but below the border of such windows. And they appeared above the text of the menus, hiding the letters of what you were selecting.

I had to make some modifications to my scripts.
Regarding XPA, I had to edit [XPA] XPA_Window -- def _update_z
I changed the values of the background and the border until it worked.

After that I had to make some strange changes in my project. I even had to modify some viewports in order to make everything appear where it should (I know I tried creating new viewports, but I can't remember if that was a solution or just something I discarded), so I don't really know what I did or where, so I can't be more specific
Maybe you can also fix your project making changes like that

kikiki

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone been able to download the 2.34 / latest files from Dropbox? No matter what I try (cleaning caches, trying other browsers etc) I'm unable to download the files.

If anyone has any tips or can offer a mirror dl I'd very much appreciate it! Just got back into rmxp and these updates would be stellar.

Edit: finally got the files to download on mobile.

Now I just get a generic error when I try to playtest a blank / new project:

"The specified procedure could not be found"

There's nothing after that. :/

Edit 2: Even though I'm not using the Steam version, the new DLL keeps being overwritten by the old one after saving, so that seems to be the problem. Instead of using the patcher / launcher method, I went into my program files and replaced the original DLL the engine uses to replace the project ones with. Now it saves with the XP Ace DLL every time.

KK20

Doesn't have to specifically be the steam version, could just be v1.05 in general that does that.

Other Projects

PhoenixFire

December 27, 2021, 04:31:07 am #390 Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 04:44:19 am by PhoenixFire
New version of demo project, with latest version of XPAce, and a custom launcher based on the F0 one: https://rmxpace.com/downloads/XPAceDemoProject.zip

Also henlo, I'm back. Again. :wave:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

For some reason the .ini file was marked as read-only. It also was looking for RGSS401E instead of 104E.

Doesn't seem to be any different than the first demo you made other than just replacing the Scripts.rxdata file.

Other Projects

JasNom

Hiya,

I'm new here and I am not exactly sure if this is the right thread but I haven't found anything else, so please bear with me.

I've followed the instructions here to make an old xp-game work with the vxace-engine and so far things worked out fine except for the battler graphics of the player characters. Instead of showing only the active battler on the right side of the screen, all battler graphics are displayed in a line from left to right. First I couldn't make anything out of this until I understood, that the battler graphics in xp seems to have been recycled into the face graphics in vx(ace) and in that way the engine now thinks that it's displaying the faces of the characters together with their stats.

While this is also a nice feature I wondered if someone here knows where to find the original script parts that originally did the job to place the active character battler in xp or even has already a script that fixes this?

Thanks for all the great work that went into XPA and the rest of this project.

KK20

Quote from: JasNom on February 25, 2022, 05:49:13 amInstead of showing only the active battler on the right side of the screen, all battler graphics are displayed in a line from left to right.
What are you talking about? This sounds like a custom battle script that is not fully compatible with XPA. No one has ever mentioned anything of this sort before. Do you have screenshots?

Other Projects

JasNom

February 25, 2022, 02:21:05 pm #394 Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 02:23:45 pm by JasNom
Sorry for bothering. I realized now that what I'm talking from is working right as it should and that the behavior I described is something custom in the game I'm converting. Unfortunately the creator didn't put much effort to alias and overwrite methods but rather modified the original classes of the game. I thought I had found all of these changes but now I noticed that was just another... just have to understand in which part of the code the battler images are placed... :(...

And here are the screenshots, but they are pretty pointless now:
Spoiler: ShowHide