[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

why not have the skill call a common event that uses a skill based on a variable
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

(Hexamin)

Well, I mean, yes, it'd be easy to just change which skill I'm using... but... it's more of a "curious-if-it-can-be-done" type thing.  :P
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Launian

Well, I'm having some troubles with the Hotkey setup. I can't seem to be able to choose any skill except the first one, as the cursor just appears on the item window, but not on the skill. Also, using the Use Skill button doesn't do anything, and even if I put the first skill on the first hotkey, it doesn't work.

Also, even if I just have an attack skill with the thunder sprite on my hotkey, the sprite will be the one with the green bubbles, but I don't know if it's a bug or just the way it's supposed to be.

If anyone can help, it'd be more than welcome.

If I were to leave tonight, would your hand try to reach me?

WhiteRose

You can't set up more than one hotkey? That certainly is unusual. Are you using any scripts besides Blizz-ABS? If so, are you sure you're using the correct script order?

Launian

April 07, 2010, 10:21:43 pm #3244 Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:23:24 pm by Launian
Is not that I can just set up one hotkey. As far as I can say, items on hotkeys works just fine. It's the skills wich is giving me a hard time. I can't seem to be able to choise wich skill I want to put on the hotkeys, and I don't see anything when I hit the key. If it's still confusing, I'll take a screenshot later, because I'm not on my own PC right now.

Laun~

If I were to leave tonight, would your hand try to reach me?

Blizzard

Make sure you have a possible target if you're using skills that call the selection window.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

(Hexamin)

Okay, I know you can disable the entire hotkey bar, but what if you want to just disable a specific hotkey?

I'm trying to give each individual skill a cooldown, and want to make it so when you try to use the skill it checks to see if the skill has cooled down or not, if it has, the skill will execute itself, if not, a buzzer_se will play.

Any help?

winkio

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2312.0

It might be a little dated, but I made a script that does this (as well as for attacks and enemy stuff).  Feel free to edit as you need or just use it as a reference.

(Hexamin)

This is perfect!  Sure as beats the way I was trying to do it!  Ty, ty, ty!

fantomchito

Im using the Blizz abs 2.7 but my characters can only turn directions and jump but cant move!!!Please someone help me!!! :(

Wizered67

are you using the button you set to move with?

WhiteRose

Quote from: fantomchito on April 11, 2010, 06:13:17 pm
Im using the Blizz abs 2.7 but my characters can only turn directions and jump but cant move!!!Please someone help me!!! :(

Check the control config in part 1 of the script. Also, you might want to check the passibility of your map. Try creating a map with nothing on it at all and see if you can move there, just to see if that solves the problem.

edwards64

Ok I have a problem, I've customized my Blizz ABS using the Generator and for somereason with my new controls my game won't open the menu... Any idea why?

Landith

Well make sure you are pressing the right button for the menu for one.
I would regenerate it and make sure there is something there on CANCEL = "Key['F']"
with whatever key you want the menu to be

edwards64

I actually fixed... I don't know why, but adding SDK made it work.
Anyways, my hero's weapon is BOW and ARROW. I can't get a projectile animation to show up like it does for the enemies...
Is it because I'm using 2.5??

Blizzard

It's possible that there was a bug in that version, you should update.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

arialks

umm, I'm trying to figure out how to make events that are allies, I mean that are fighting with the character..
but I can't figure out  how to make guards, or objects.. the only code it shows me in the manual is the enemy's code "\e[ID]"
I dont know what to put in there to make guards, objects that can be broken, or allies...
can anyone please explain me how to do it? in the manual it only explains how Aligment groups work, but it does not show how to creat
other features like guards, objects, allies, etc... if anyone knows? :x

Landith

Actually it does show to make different things in the manual.

Look at 5.1.2, then the whole section of 3.1
and if you still don't get it then configure your Blizz-ABS to set up alignment groups to how you like it.

The default alignment group is already set up which is pretty much all you need unless creating advanced groups.

arialks

yeah I got it now :P, but now i have another problem
no matter what i do in the config the monsters wont respawn ><"
and it is checked on the respawn option

Lethal-Yarn

Quote from: arialks on April 14, 2010, 07:23:32 pm
yeah I got it now :P, but now i have another problem
no matter what i do in the config the monsters wont respawn ><"
and it is checked on the respawn option

Did you make a respawn point?