[Resolved] Evented Bridge

Started by Boba Fett Link, September 04, 2011, 07:20:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett Link

September 04, 2011, 07:20:09 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:56:05 pm by Boba Fett Link
I'm trying to make a bridge that appears when you hit a switch using events. I've done it before on a different game file, but now I can't do it. The only thing different is that I am now using babs.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Edit: I've now figured it out. BABS messes with the passibility of events when they are from the tileset. So export the tileset and turn the tiles you want UNDER the bridge as a characterset. Map the bridge and then use events to cover the bridge, then remove them to reveal the bridge.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

G_G

:facepalm: Its really not that hard. Make a bunch of events, set the graphic to a bridge tile, set the page condition to a switch. Then when you want the bridge to appear, turn the switch on.

Boba Fett Link

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I did that and have done it before with success. But this time when I tried it, it didn't work. The only difference is this time I have BABS in the game.

To be more clear, the character couldn't walk over it.

G_G

You have to check the "Through" box.

Boba Fett Link

I did. And it doesn't work.

I made a new game project, and tried it, and it worked. Then I added BABS. And it didn't work. The character couldn't walk over the bridge.

The problem is with BABS.

G_G

Ah my bad. I'll quote this suggestion I found in Blizz-ABS topic.

Quote from: WhiteRose on July 21, 2010, 05:31:37 pm
Quote from: Dundora on July 21, 2010, 05:30:21 pm
I have another suggestion / question for your script;

You see, I have a bridge that is completely made up from events, this is because I want it to disappear after you've past it.
The problem is that with Blizz ABS  you cant walk through/over events, not even when i have the through function enabled.

Any suggestions on how to solve it ???

Make two identical maps - one with the bridge, and one without.

Boba Fett Link

September 05, 2011, 10:16:50 am #6 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:22:08 am by Boba Fett Link
That might be too tedious: the map is really large and has multiple evented bridges.

I guess I'll just cover the bridge in spikes that you have to turn off.

Never mind: that didn't work.

Boba Fett Link

I DID IT! AND IT WORKS!

The solution was really easy. BABS messes with the passibility of events when they are from the tileset. So export the tileset and turn the tiles you want UNDER the bridge as a characterset. Map the bridge and then use events to cover the bridge.