Animated Panorama

Started by Zexion, February 20, 2012, 05:25:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

February 20, 2012, 05:25:51 pm Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:20:57 pm by Zexion
Animated Panorama
Version: 1.0
Type: MAP Event

Introduction
It's simple really. A small system that create animated backgrounds

Features

• Works with all maps
  • Control animation Speed

Screenshots
Screens Wont show animation :P

Demo
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59018752/Animated%20PANORAMA%20DEMO.exe

Instructions
So simple a cave man could do it.
1. Create an event.
2.Create this script
Change map settings Panorama: frame1
wait 4 frames
Change map settings Panorama: frame2
wait 4 frames
etc.

Credits and Thanks

• Me I guess

Author's Notes

I know it's simple, but I barely thought of it a while back. Some people might not have realized how easy it is.
Also remember panoramas don't have to be a certain size to work, they just have to be tileable to look nice.

And this doesn't work with custom resolution scripts, because they cant update panoramas.

Boba Fett Link

Quote from: Zexion on February 20, 2012, 05:25:51 pm
So simple a cave man could do it.

Well, that's a relief. Although not too many of my fellow cavemen actually use computers let alone RMXP.

Anyway, I'll have to try it out. After I invent the wheel, of course.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Zexion

Lol *presses the like button*
But yeah i forgot to add 1 thing to the notes lol.

Lobstrosity

:O.o: It says the file 'appear malicious' and may be dangerous to download.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

G_G

Dunno what kind of anti-virus you're running, but the files not malicious. Its just your average self-extracting zip. Runs fine and the effect it produces is awesome.

Zexion

Lol, thats wierd. When I download it in google chrome it says malicious :b

Well in any case, it's not. It only has 8 pictures and game data in it... I just did the usual compress game data with rmxp might be cuz of drop box I'm not too sure..?

G_G

This might be why.

QuoteGoogle has also added some new security functionality to Chrome. Every time that the user downloads a file, the browser will compare it against a whiltelist of known-good files and publishers. If the file isn't in the whitelist, its URL will be transmitted to Google's servers, which will perform an automatic analysis and attempt to guess if the file is malicious based on various factors like the trustworthiness of its source. If the file is deemed a potential risk, the user will receive a warning.

Google says that data collected by the browser for the malware detection feature is only used to flag malicious files and isn't used for any other purpose. The company will retain the IP address of the user and other metadata for a period of two weeks, at which point all of the data except the URL of the file will be purged from Google's databases.

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/02/chrome-17-released-will-preload-autocompleted-urls-as-you-type.ars

Lobstrosity

Haha, okay thanks. I'll try this script out.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!