[XP] Heretic's Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

Started by Heretic86, November 26, 2013, 09:22:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

you're using different method for SDK and Un-SDK type which is unnecessary (because the code I posted earlier works with/without SDK)
I simply deleted the unnecessary method in the script, also the SDK log if SDK is exist

Spoiler: ShowHide

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * SDK Log Script
sdk = Module.constants.include?('SDK') &&
     SDK.log('Multiple Message Windows','Wachunga',1.5,'2006-11-17')

# * Begin SDK Enabled Check
if !sdk || SDK.state('Multiple Message Windows') == true

class Scene_Map
 attr_reader :message_window
 # changed accessor to reader
 # ALL UNNECESSARY METHOD IS DELETED
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # * Scene_Map - New Message Window Addition
 def new_message_window(index)
 end

end

class Scene_Battle
 attr_reader :message_window  
 # changed accessor to reader
 # ALL UNNECESSARY METHOD IS DELETED
 # * Scene_Battle - New Message Window Addition
 def new_message_window(index)
 end

end

you can use http://text-compare.com/ to find the difference with your script

KinTery

Ok! I'll try both, sorry it didn't come out in my mind about that missing graphics.
(I forgot to put the missing script so it can run without the graphics..)

I'll edit this when i tried it. Sorry for being a pain.

Edit:

Sorry for the really late reply i had an almost two week vacation  :facepalm:
Well now im going back making my game again.
I tried them and it seems no errors. (For now, coz i check it a little..)
But it's okay now! Thanks =D

But i have 2 questions in your ATB:

I don't know how but how can i change the battlers during battle? I tried it but nothing happens.
second,
How can i make a stop time skill? Like all actors & enemies will stop gaining CP and only one actor can move??

Anyway, thanks for everything! Ü

Ranquil

When I tried to enter the Sound When Speaking (?) area the game froze to a black screen during the transition. Interestingly, the music was still playing in the background.

Disregarding that... this is just pure awesomeness! =*___*= please excuse me while i go die from tutorialgasm
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Ranquil

Time for a double-post, hooray!

This time, soon after I left the cave with lava after getting the iron equipment, the game got an error message during a regular battle:

QuoteScript 'ATB - Spy Equipment' line 394: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

How wonderful, I couldn't even get to save the game before this happened. All the hard work from saving the hostages and fighting the King is now lost. :)
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Heretic86

Thats pretty much the end of the Demo.

The rest of it is just mapping bugs, Im sure.  I tried going through it myself, and was able to leave the cave fine, as well as the Sound Speak map.  None the less, I'll see if I can find those bugs and fix them when I get a chance.  

I'll take a look at adding a way to simulate a Stop Spell so monsters and / or Party Members are prevented from accumulating CP.  Probably add an easy way to "ban cp" for Actors or Enemies.  That can be done through an Item or Spell calling a Common Event, similar to using Stealth Potions.

Adding Battlers, that should be an Event Button you can run.  I'll double check to make sure it works.  Its one of those things I know I did look at before because there were things in the original version of the battle system that didnt work right.  Like adding an Actor during battle would cause that actor to never be able to get cp during that battle.  Dont worry, that should already work in this version.

---

Edit:

Okay, got an easy way to create a Stop Spell.

Under the States tab, just use ANY state with a Restriction of "Can't Move".  Create a new State if you wish, and attach it to a Skill (under the Skill tab) with the State Change column to Add that State.  Works with existing code so no need to update the Scripts for that.  Advantage here is that it works just like any other State / Skill combination.  Expires when you want it to, removable with other Skills / Items that remove that state.  Might wanna update your Knockout to also remove that Stop State to balance out gameplay.  A Skill like Haste would be good for counteracting a Stop State and removing it so there is probably no need to create a "Remove Stop" type of Spell for that purpose alone.

No Script Calls required.

---

Changing Party Members During Battle:

I just checked this just now, works fine.  Under the Troops Tab, create a Page with a Condition.  Double click to bring up Event Commands.  On Page 1 right side, in the middle there is a Button for "Change Party Member...".  Use this to change your Actors during a Battle.

No Script Calls required here either, just standard Battle Eventing.  Just make sure your Battle Events Page is being triggered.  You can, if you really want to, put in a Script to say something like 'print "Battle Page is now running" ' if you wish, just to make sure it triggers.

The other Map bugs Im still looking for.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KinTery

For the second question, it now works but im not sure (sometimes the states doesn't apply to all of my actors and enemies even the % for applying the state is 100 except to the caster)

And for the first question, i mean, changing the battler graphic. Sorry.

Well for now this BS is really great =D

Heretic86

States not applying is normally caused by State Resistances.  For example, the Reflect spell.  The Actors were all given a State Resistance to Reflect of A causing that state to always take.  The Angle Boss doesnt have a State Resistance of A so it can sometimes "miss".

Battler graphics:  I'll take a look into that.  There are some other glitches with the Actor Graphics.  Like when they have a Reflect state, they dont fade in when battle starts.  The issue you're having may be related.  I'll take a look.  Theres other things I want to change too that will expand what the system is capable of.

I might edit this post once things change.

---

Update:

Alright, I just tested out the feature to Change Actor Graphics and it also works just fine.  The built in way to do this is done under the Troops Tab, Event Commands on Page 3, left column, at the bottom of the column.  The button is "Change Actor Graphic...".

The way it works doesnt allow for any form of Transition, it just immediately pops to the new graphic.

Is that what you were looking for?
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KinTery

Yes, i tried it in the tab and it works fine but when in common events it won't work, because i want a skill like transformation but doesn't change the actor.
Well i think i'll find a way so i can make it work on tabs. And thanks for helping me and i know im really asking too much.

Thanks Thanks :) Lvlsup.

Maybe i'll ask again if i have problems so please bear it for awhile :D

locowhiteknight

@Heretic86 Nice work on this project. Man, I can tell you've put a lot of effort into creating/assembling this useful collection of art and compatible scripts. I'll be pawing through this over my x-mas vacation for sure, there are a lot of insightful tips and tricks here. Thanks for creating and sharing this project, I'm looking forward to importing some of the tilesets with all of the properties set (saves so much freakin' time).
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Heretic86

Quote from: KinTery on December 21, 2013, 08:14:16 pm
Yes, i tried it in the tab and it works fine but when in common events it won't work, because i want a skill like transformation but doesn't change the actor.
Well i think i'll find a way so i can make it work on tabs. And thanks for helping me and i know im really asking too much.

Thanks Thanks :) Lvlsup.

Maybe i'll ask again if i have problems so please bear it for awhile :D

Hmm, that would be cool if Actors had a way to Transform the way Enemies do.  Right now I believe it is limited to only swapping the Actors without Transformations.  This could be accomplished by a Script Addon.  I can take a crack at it when I get time, or if someone else feels like taking a whack at it.  But I think its a great idea!

(thanks for the Level Up!)

---

That was really the intent!  Help people save time.  I also thought that teaching people how to use the existing features of RMXP as well as the specific features of the included scripts in a Game instead of a post on a Forum might be more entertaining.  The collection took years to put together.  Most of the stuff came from smaller individual scripts that just got packaged into one giant package.

Another thing to consider is this is NOT ALL MY STUFF.  There are a LOT of different peoples work that has been included.  And there is more stuff that I'd still like to include.  Thus, if you've got something that you'd like to share that is just phenomenal, I'll see what I can do to add this stuff in.

Still working on this.  I've fixed a couple of minor bugs in the Battle System.  Nothing that would crash the game, but will cause visual glitches.  There are some existing mapping bugs that I've been unable to reproduce.  Crash after defeating the Flame Lich and entering the Crypt of the Crumbling King for example.  The last thing I took a crack at was incorporating Battle Transitions, but havent spent as much time on it as it needs.  So the package hasnt been updated yet as there arent enough significant changes.

Some of the things I still want to incorporate:

Scriptable Event and Battle Event Conditions (if Item in inventory)
DLL based distortion effects (higher quality and better framerate)
Animated Front View Battlers
Suggestions from others (some already listed)

Do you have content that you've created that you'd like to see included?  Graphics?  Scripts?  Sounds?
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

locowhiteknight

@Heretic86
QuoteDo you have content that you've created that you'd like to see included?  Graphics?  Scripts?  Sounds?

I don't at this time. I've uploaded some weapon sprites and I'm working on a Blizz-ABS 101 for beginners, but nothing worth including in this project. I'm always working and learning with RMXP so I'm sure I'll get into scripting eventually and might make something worth including. I do like making sprites (for my own projects), but I'm definitely no artist, I need to get a lot better at shading. If I come up with anything in the future worth mentioning, I'll give you a shout and see what you think.

Just wanted to give you another kudos on this project. I'm giving a copy to my nephew, he's in sixth grade and trying to learn how to use RMXP. I'm not always around to help him out, but this should help him a ton over the next couple of years, if he sticks with it.
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

KinTery

I have a little questions.

1) How can i make another color of the CP bar?
2) Is it compatible with the KGC Camera? Tried it but i'm not sure and it's working fine.
3) Is it possible to be compatible with this script?:

Because it leaves trails to my character and it's so awesome!

Heretic86

1) Hold down CTRL + SHIFT + F and search for "def cp_color_1", adjust CP Colors there as you see fit.  Looks like my labels might be a off.  CP Colors have TWO COLORS.  Top and Bottom.  Gradient is drawn from Top to Bottom.  Adjust both as needed.  Recommend using # and CTRL + D to Duplicate a line just to reference the originals.  Colors are RGB in their values, but should be pretty easy to figure out.

2)  If it works, great!  I never tested it though.

3)  I've never seen that script, so same thing.  Not sure if it would work or not.  Sounds like it may mess up on Transparencies if one of the Cat Actors is set to Ghost (Partial Transparency), but also depends on your config.

Sorry, been busy with Holiday and Family stuff.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

KinTery

Not at all, and i think im really too much for asking.
But i really want to mess the scripts more so i can try learning to script.
Sorry for that.  :^_^':

Heretic86

Well, luckily, there is an NPC for learning to Script! 

Once you can get your head around a couple concepts like Objects and Classes, its not as difficult as people make it out to be!
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

KinTery

Ok! It looks like it really works fine =)
And i have no problems for now, really thanks for everything man ^_^
Don't know what to do if your not helping me, THANKS THANKS!

Ranquil

Now that I finally decided to open this with the editor, it just showed this error message:

QuoteThis project is from an old version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded.

dafuq :O.o:

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ranquil on January 19, 2014, 06:59:27 am
Now that I finally decided to open this with the editor, it just showed this error message:

QuoteThis project is from an old version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded.

dafuq :O.o:

Just open up the Game.rxproj file with a text editor like Notepad and change the version. Its likely 1.04 or something, try changing it to 1.02 and trying it again.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Heretic86

It should be able to work with both.  I tried f0's suggestion and it worked fine for me either way by editing the ini, but I do have both the 102 and 104 versions of the dlls installed (updated xp a while ago).

I could include both 102 and 104 files with the project if it causes anyone else an issue...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

ForeverZer0

I think the value in the Game.rxproj is has to match the installed version of RMXP, or be lower than the installed version. Having the library included in the folder won't really help, since its the version that will be used by the installed editor. The value found in the Game.ini is what will be used when running the Game.exe, so for that it is pertinent, but no for the editor.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.