[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Axerax

Quote from: Blizzard on September 15, 2009, 09:39:19 am
It's possible to do it with events and forced action commands, but I'd prefer to script is into the system properly.

When <3 I'd love to test it :3

dylanf3

Hey blizz, is there a way to make a enemy, which is in the NPC group, and with wich you can talk? But, like when you attack that person he/she will attack you to.... :^_^':

G_G

yes you need to use the custom event triggers make it where it talks

Makasu

September 18, 2009, 12:10:06 pm #2483 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:12:54 pm by Makasu
Or make em neutral. Because if you set them to be an enemy they'll attack you on sight.

O_o but now I have a question. Is it possible to make it where you can only jump one way. Say like you jump down a cliff but can't jump back up it?
Dead on Arrival is the name of my project. Topic thread coming sooner or later.

Me on deviantart.com
My talents: ShowHide

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating
             PM now for a personal quote!
[[Will draw character art for you for $$$ or scripts!]]

Nightowl Atticus

September 20, 2009, 05:26:32 am #2484 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 05:28:18 am by Nightowl Atticus
I was tinkering around with Blizz ABS' AI alignment and when I tested the alignment system,
I was wondering if it could be possible to make a soldier that helps heroes in some battle but
it wouldn't attack to the party (if hero hits the soldier accidentally... or incidentally) or take
damage dealt by the party.

So, is making a critter/AI controlled ally like this possible?
Would be really annyoing in a war where you accidentally hit someone AI controlled ally that starts killing you.

Oh, and I'm not talking about party member's AI.
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers @ the top of a skyscraper about to jump.
Copy and paste this if you are the 5% that would shout "Jump assholes!"

G_G

yea theres a group called Actor by default I believe its group 1, if you attack that group they wont attack you

Nightowl Atticus

Hmmm, yeah. It works now.
Thanks game_guy. :)
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers @ the top of a skyscraper about to jump.
Copy and paste this if you are the 5% that would shout "Jump assholes!"

G_G

Blizzard

Quote from: Makasu on September 18, 2009, 12:10:06 pm
O_o but now I have a question. Is it possible to make it where you can only jump one way. Say like you jump down a cliff but can't jump back up it?

Hm... Have you tried messing with the no-jump terrain tag?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Makasu

I have. But literally its like a very small jump. Off of a roof with half a door way. So there's three tiles. The roof, the door, then the grass. But see then I can jump back up onto the roof but I don't want that necessarily. If no I can just eliminate the jump altogether. I think my jumping is set to 1? I'm not on my computer at the moment so I can't tell for sure. But if I set eeither the roof to not be jumpable I can't jump off and with the grass as well. I could try the door but I think I already have?

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Blizzard

You can always event it and put the event on the rooftop.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Makasu

Yeah that might be what I have to do actually. But since the jump function is a part of BABS and its like an entire rooftop it'll mean a lot of changing. So I'll either just make it where you can't jump down or event it like you said. Thanks nonetheless.

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

Axerax

Hey Blizzard,
I'm trying to create enemy sprites that are "breakable" inanimate objects, but I don't want those things to show the HP bar, is there a way to turn them off for certain enemies? This could add an Unknown HP factor into the game.

Hellfire Dragon

How many times must it be said? RTFM :P

Anyway, add /hide to the even name

Ragnai

I'm pretty sure that there is no entry in the manual about this so I ask it here:
How, or is it possible to use multiple frames for characters?

I was really sucked by the XAS since there isn't any compatible pixelmovement with a current version out, but I still can't let my 8frames chars leave :/

Thanks a lot in advance.

~Ragnai

Blizzard

It's not in the manual, because I haven't added that yet. I was going to add support for any number of frames later. You'll have to wait some time. :/

Hellfire Dragon

I was saying that the hide hp thing was in the manual :P Should've pointed that out I guess -_-

Blizzard

I was talking to Ragnai. xD

Hellfire Dragon

I never even seen his post :uhm:
Now how'd I miss that 0_o

rpgmakerfanhaha

I'm now creating another new game a fresh and I will leave the old game now,like what Starrokirby said,the first game will not be successful.It's true.I decided to use this system for my game and it's called "The battles of three class".