VX Experiences

Started by Fantasist, January 10, 2008, 10:07:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

So how many of you tried the RMVX demo and how do you like it?

In case you don't know where to find it, here's the link:
http://www.rpgmakervx.com/

You'll also find an english patch and some ither stuff.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Galatea

Fantasist

Me too, but how about graphics? Anything VX? Just try out the demo, you might like VX maybe.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Calintz

It was ok, I REALLY like the World Map, but everything else just seemed mediocre...

Sally

i think i will just stick with XP but you never know what els there going to add onto the VX...

Nortos

loved battlers and world map was ok but yeah XP for me...

Sally

Nortos

well I got like 30 from the folder in a japanese demo

Oculus Octopus

The things that really stood out to me are the world map, the dungeon generator, the vehicle option back into the database, the quick events (for teleporting, doors, chests, etc), starting events for vehicles & your party, also the new boxes added to some tabs of the database for notes (I think this is a great idea, since I'm really forget and always need to write down notes about things!), as well as the new options for messages in event commands..

This seems pretty cool and the graphics are pretty good too, I especially like how they brought back some of the old features that everyone liked. But I'm not sure if I'd stick with XP or switch to this..

Galatea

The graphics is back to Chibi mode. It'll be great if it is the size of
Suikoden characters. ( Just my opinion )

If they add more new features, then i might try it.

Nortos

I personally hated the charsets...just me though all fat and like XP children

Galatea

I agree with you Nortos.

What good about it, is the return of Vehicles, Pictures, and cinematics.
Other than that . . .

Blizzard

JESUS CHRIST, VX HAS A DUNGEON GENERATOR?! :o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

OMG, I'm surprised you didn't know. Or are you kidding Bliz? Most probably :P

I like the interface, and graphics are great except for the charsets.

@Nortos:
QuoteI personally hated the charsets...just me though all fat and like XP children
LMAO, really nice! *wipes a tear off the eye*
Can that go in my sig please?

Soul of chaos

I saw it, it's in japanese, I didn't know that it has patch for english, some of the rpg maker users were disapointed because the graphics were worst and looks cracky the graphics looks like RM2K3.....

Sally

lol.... they are probly going to add alot more featurees.

Nortos

lol sure you can Fantasist and anyway Blizz I don't think dungeon generator is any good...(think) because it probably wouldn't have much colour average mapping ect and I don't know if you can set the size or coordinates ect

Sally

how do i use the dungeion creator?

Blizzard

The dungeon gen will only make it even "easier" to make games. That means much more crappy games.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

how do i use it? i cant find it... lol