[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowfox

i guess what im trying to say is, how would i make a summoning spell?  what would i have to do on the skill page, or with the script to make a summoning spell, and to label weapons as a particular type of weapon

Aqua

Blizzard

There is no summoning for enemies yet, because it's conceptually not working. How is the system supposed to know who will use a summoning skill? You could easily give an enemy a summon skill that summons an actor and mess up the entire game. I will most probably have to make a new category of skills or come up with some other solution for this.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Shadowfox on June 12, 2009, 09:08:03 pm
Hello, i'm new to scripting, and i just recently added the Blizz abs to the game i'm making, im sure someone may have asked this already, but i dont really have the time to go through 100+ pages looking for it, and i know i might sound like an idiot for asking, but im a noob at this.  How would i put a pet in a game?  for instance if i make a necromancer class, how would i make a sommoning spell for a skeletal minnion.  there's nothing in the user manual about making pets that i could find.

1) Less than 100 pages, I believe, though I could be wrong
2) If you want to know how to use the advanced features, READ THE MANUAL ANYWAY
3) There's a config app that probably makes it easier
4) I'm pretty sure the manual has a search function

Blizzard

1) No, it says 110 at the bottom. o_o;
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) Yes, since recently.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Yay, I'm averaging 75%! :P

EyDie

Hello fellow game-makers. I just downloaded the blizz abs today and i must say it rocks. so much better than the crap event system i used in my last game. I thoguht i wouldnt download an abs system untill i finished my first game.. annnyway. I need desperate help. I dont know if the latest version has a feature like this or anything but i searched the help file and i couldnt find anything similar enough, but if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.

So what I'm trying to do is make a spell. Its a bit like a summonning spell only different. when i cast the spell i want my main character to transform into something else for like 10 seconds (for example: a demon) increasing the palayers str, int, hp, etc. by %50. and after 10 secs i want the character to turn back into its old graphic. I tried doing it with a common event but this time it either got stuck as the transformation or it wouldnt transform at all.
I'd REALLY appreciate some help here. thanks in advance

legacyblade

I think the CRLS would do something like that.

It even has a bABS compatibility patch.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=110.0

Shadowfox

ok, i figured out where the app was and now know how to classify spells and weapons and such, but as im an idiot when it comes to scrpiting and a such...i have a sprite sheet for a projectile, how, where, and what would i do with it in the script to show that when i use a projectile weapon, or spell?   ive looked all over the manual for any information, but it seems to be written more for ppl who actualy know anything about scripts, and i know nothing about them

Aqua

Chapter 2.7 in the manual.

Blizzard

3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9 as well.

bradhawk

June 18, 2009, 12:15:10 am #2191 Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:17:05 am by bradhawk
hi blizz, your ABS is awesome...
i have project, and i need scipt (i think) to command my other party member, likes squad system...umm...if my question already asked, im sorry...

Thanks...sorry for my bad english because i live in Indonesian ^^

Aqua

Update to newest version.

apixx

Ok guys I searched everywhere but I can't seem to fix my problem. It's about the sprite control in 2.54.

I first used Blizz-abs his game chronicles of sir-lag-a-lot, I just changed some things in his game like story, more maps etc.. but then I wanted to update to blizz-abs 2.54 all went fine except for the sprite control. Cause in 2.54 you got to name all those freakin sprites, why did this change btw? in 1.93 was so much easier :D.

In the blizz-abs config I check actor action sprites on , weapon sprites etc..

In 1.93 the names were like : lag_a_lot_atk , lag_a_lot_atk0_shortsword  in 2.54 I have to change this to lag_a_lot_atk1 , lag_a_lot_wpn1?

I tried different names and they all seem to fail. Cause ingame I can attack but dont see an animation the sword is just gone.

Defend on the other hand works. Cause there was a sprite of lag_a_lot were he already has a shield in his hand. But lag_a_lot doenst already need to have a sword in his hand right? Cause in 1.93 it just worked fine without it. Can someone plz help me cause I really want to update to 2.54 but it aint so fun without attack animations lol.

ps. For the enemies I fixed it they seem to attack with animation.

Thx in advance. Sorry for bad english not my mother language.

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on December 05, 2008, 08:32:12 am
v2.11 with the bugs fixed that were reported in the last 24 hours. It features an improved sprite handling system which means that the old CoSLAL templates don't work anymore. I have taken the freedom to upload the files from the example game that were altered:
http://downloads.chaos-project.com/BlizzABSCharacters.zip
The Y offset is not needed anymore since the weapon sprites are now centered over the actor. Also now the action sprites and the weapon sprites are separated which means that if you don't use "Weapon Sprites", you need attack sprites for each type AND one weapon sprite for that type. Read the manual, read the version history, I've written it all down.

apixx

June 18, 2009, 05:18:55 am #2195 Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:23:34 am by apixx
Omg I overread that or something. Thx very much!!!

edit: YES it worked!! weehooo thx!!

Blizzard

No problem, it was on page 57 after all.

What you should read, though, is the version history when you upgrade. :)

apixx

June 18, 2009, 04:09:49 pm #2197 Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:48:47 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: Blizzard on June 18, 2009, 05:44:07 am
No problem, it was on page 57 after all.

What you should read, though, is the version history when you upgrade. :)

Yeah. Will keep that in mind for the next upgrade haha :P.

Got another question :

I found some animated battle sprites for side view battles but can they be used in blizz-abs? For example this spriteset:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Landith

Nope, animated battlers can not be used for Blizz-ABS.

If you wanna see some stuff that can be used then...

Download this package here!
:roll:

:^_^':

fugibo

Actually, they can. But you'll only be able to attack from right to left.