[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

I'm pretty sure it's there, just hard to find. Or maybe that's something else, can't remember.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

winkio

nope, I compiled it wrong, Rose is right.  It looks like htm2chm is acting up again...

The Niche

Woops...that must've been xp I was thinking of.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Futendra

Quote from: RoseSkye on January 09, 2011, 09:38:40 pm
When using items that heals + gives positive status effects (or status effects in general) I get this error;

'BlizzABS pt. 3' Line 954: NameError occured
undefined local variable for method `_battler' for #<Game_Player:0xa48e620>
change _battler to @battler, in both lines

winkio

That doesn't fix it, that just makes the battler think it's attacking itself.  Keep them commented.

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on January 17, 2011, 05:11:32 pm
That doesn't fix it, that just makes the battler think it's attacking itself.  Keep them commented.

Did you think I'd be stupid enough to take advice from Futendra?

winkio

Nope, that was directed at Futendra, not at you.

megaman30796

does mode 7 work with blizz abs?
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

The Niche

There's a plugin for it somewhere.

Futendra

Quote from: winkio on January 17, 2011, 05:11:32 pm

Wait I got it fixed with something similar to that, I'll check it up if I have time

RoseSkye

Wink, I hate to say it... but... without force action the Blizz ABS becomes really limited. I can't do anything custom anymore because everytime I use force action there is a syntax error which I assume is because you made the skills use force action on top of the force action that I script call.

winkio

January 19, 2011, 12:09:01 am #4071 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:18:28 am by winkio
no, shouldn't be...  Let me test it, what's your script call?

EDIT: Syntax error probably means the script call got split up at a weird place in the event code.  Make sure it's not splitting on square brackets [] or other dumb stuff like that.

EDIT: On another note, 2.83 is up.  New features:
Fixed bug with Manual Event Creation where event name tags would not process.
Added last_hit_by and last_action accessors
Added Multi-Body Enemies.
Added Custom Event Size using pixel movement
Added \cspr tag to center the sprite and hitbox of events.
Completed Combat Memory system, which keeps track of last attackers and targets.
Added experience modes to give exp only to the actor that made the kill, or the entire party, or both.

LiTTleDRAgo

January 19, 2011, 02:39:46 am #4072 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:42:24 am by LiTTleDRAgo
there are error in script
      if item.plus_state_set.any? {|s| $data_states[i].slip_damage}

winkio

January 19, 2011, 09:03:31 am #4073 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:08:50 am by winkio
Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on January 19, 2011, 02:39:46 am
there are error in script
      if item.plus_state_set.any? {|s| $data_states[i].slip_damage}

fixed and reuploaded.  For anyone that already downloaded, change it to
      if item.plus_state_set.any? {|s| $data_states[s].slip_damage}

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on January 19, 2011, 12:09:01 am
no, shouldn't be...  Let me test it, what's your script call?

EDIT: Syntax error probably means the script call got split up at a weird place in the event code.  Make sure it's not splitting on square brackets [] or other dumb stuff like that.

EDIT: On another note, 2.83 is up.  New features:
Fixed bug with Manual Event Creation where event name tags would not process.
Added last_hit_by and last_action accessors
Added Multi-Body Enemies.
Added Custom Event Size using pixel movement
Added \cspr tag to center the sprite and hitbox of events.
Completed Combat Memory system, which keeps track of last attackers and targets.
Added experience modes to give exp only to the actor that made the kill, or the entire party, or both.

This is the same force action code I used with previous versions nothing has changed.
$BlizzABS.enemy_force_action(2, ACTORS, 0, SKILL, 11)

winkio

All I can say is that I copypasted, changed the enemy ID to match my game, and it worked.  Demo me if you can.  And does everyone have problems with force actions, or is it just Rose?

RoseSkye

It's F-Zero's add ons. I had it with v. 1.80 and it worked fine though.

winkio

Are the addons above or below Blizz-ABS?  Also, could you give me line numbers or which addons error?

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on January 19, 2011, 03:05:21 pm
Are the addons above or below Blizz-ABS?  Also, could you give me line numbers or which addons error?

Above (like ToA). The range conditions were causing the error (which was the only reason I used it).

winkio

really?  I just put it in and turned on range conditions, and my force actions still work.  What's the error message?