The Best CMS (Custom Message System)

Started by Ryex, February 01, 2008, 11:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

February 04, 2008, 10:12:36 am #20 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:14:19 am by Fantasist
Blizz, a screenshot can reveal only half the glory of CPMS! I guess you've kept it for the full game, then.

EDIT: Speaking of message systems, I guess I like Slipknot's system of 'scrolling' the text. And I like 'opening' and 'closing' effect in CPMS's windows. The UMS hasn;t got those features.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

True, they can't see the animation on the screenshot, lol!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

wait so CPCMS has animations during text or...?

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Do you see those "things" around the talking people on the map? Like that blue glowing objects when Lilith or Jason are talking, the green ones when Leximus is talking, etc.
Well, yeah... :naughty:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

yeah i noticed that i thought that was pretty cool

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

legacyblade

Ccoa's UMS is the best one. It is the easiest one to use, and is the most powerful!

darklight

I like derula's edit of DubeAlex's Advanced Message Script, but I'll give ccoa's UMS a try.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

fugibo

Nortos

Juan

Lol I edited DubeAlex's Advanced Message Script, my self which is shorter and plan to redo it entirely.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

darklight

March 30, 2008, 01:21:04 pm #31 Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:26:17 pm by darklight
Quote from: Juan on March 17, 2008, 04:54:54 pm
Lol I edited DubeAlex's Advanced Message Script, my self which is shorter and plan to redo it entirely.

derula did that. I think one of the best features about derula's is the window fade-in. I like ccoa's except for a line height bug that I don't know how to fix (it will cut off the tail of the g's or y's if you don't "pad" the bottom), and her variable tags sometimes have extra space at the end.

What I'd like to see is scrolling action, like in the UCoder's CMS. The only problem with that one is the lack of an auto-resize.

PS: Here's a link to derula's, which is the one I use: http://uglyhorst.de/rPG%20Maker/rGSS-Scripts.txt

PS2: There's 2 message systems by derula, the R4 edit of DubeAlex's AMS, and a complete re-haul. The re-haul is the one I'm talking about above.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!