[XP] Transition Pack v1.11

Started by Fantasist, July 24, 2008, 12:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on August 08, 2008, 05:42:00 pm
Quote from: Fantasist on July 24, 2008, 12:45:52 pm
So this is a transition pack script I'm making. It has about 7 effects for now. I haven't posted the script yet because I still need to improve the code a bit, and I need more ideas for effects. The current effects are:

1. Zoom In
2. Zoom Out
3. Shred Horizontal
4. Shred Vertical
5. Fade to color
6. Explode (My version)
7. Explode (CP Version)
8. Transpose (by Blizzard)
9. Pokemon Battle Transition 1 (one of the GBA games)

Legend:

Newly added, not in the demo
Considered, not yet added (might not be added)

Here's the demo:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6sq1li

The project is not encrypted, but there's no point in using the code just yet, it's kind of messy.

So point of this topic is to gather more ideas for transition effects. Someone must have some specific request or some interesting ideas. Remember, I don't guarantee anything, but just give mesome ideas.

I'll wait for 2 days and if I don't get many requests, I'll close this topic and work on trimming the script for posting. So request away :)

:D

If you want transpose, just add a new conditional branch, add the call for my method and add the code for my method (posted above) into that script.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

SOMOENE POST THE FUCKING DEMO PLEASE!!!

Blizzy, don't repost that same thing because the link's broken >.<

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

August 31, 2008, 06:54:16 pm #23 Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:45:24 am by Blizzard
It really is. O.o; I'll see if I have it on my HDD somewhere.

EDIT: Sorry, no. ._.

EDIT: LMAO! I DO have the demo still on my HDD! It was on my desktop! xD

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v2bjs4

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Finally got to play it (yay!) and I already have some things to talk about.

First, what'd be nice is if you could clasify transitions.  I think an easy one would be this:  Separate transtions as Battle Transitions, Map Transitions, Title Transitions, Game Over Transitions, Open Menu Transitions, Continue Transitions, and called transitions (using a script call to make it so the next transition is replaced with a selected transition, useful for boss battles).

The transitions are good, but I think people might only see a game as flashy if the screen explodes just from transfering maps.  Plus, using a transition to open the just the menu looks a bit too flashy, most games just have a momentary lag or a the screen darkens a bit and the menu pops up.

The explodes are great, but in all honesty need a bit of work.  An explode should cause the squares to fall down revealing the battle screen, not a black screen and a basic transition.

The other transitions are all pretty good, I'd probably use them if I had more control over when a transition is active or inactive.

Fantasist

Shit -_- I got unlucky again, what's it with me and internet?! @GAX: This demo is just the beginning, I havent even started working on it full time. Classifying the tranbsitions as you mention is going to cause a LOT of compatibility problems (or so I think right now). Anyway, I'm really sporry I left without warning, I couldn't do anything to help. I'll get this done, don't worry.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

could someone upload this again?

I've wanted to try it for awhile but the links are broken.

Calintz

This is awesome Fantasist!!

Can you make the screen dissolve from the middle out in different shapes??
And vice-versa for more add-ons.

Fantasist

Holy crap, I have a lot of work to do... I'll get this up and running in 12 hours.

@Calintz: I think you can do that with transition pics, right?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Calintz

Perhaps, but I honestly don't like using the pictures, because they don't move right...

Fantasist

Hey, does anyone have the file, mine is lost somewhere deep in one of my backups -_-

Blizzard

Fantasist

I'll have to make it again I guess... ._. my DVD ROM is busted :'(

shdwlink1993

Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Calintz

Tazero

I always like a scene where it kind of shatters like glass or like in the legend of dragoon transition a sand effect

If you were a fish...

Calintz

G_G

Fantasist

G_G

wow fantasist this is really neat. I downloaded it and the wierd thing is I didnt try it until like 3 minutes ago. Here's the funny thing, I downloaded it and a few seconds later I forgot what I was doing so I assumed I was working on my game.

Then I saw the file extracted it and tested it out. Its really cool