I want to get to know people on here.

Started by Hadeki, August 11, 2008, 09:34:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadeki

Hey... It's me again, Brian (just FYI).
Anyway, what's goin' on with everyone?

Starrodkirby86

Nothing's going on except you and me in this thread. No one else is around for miles. ;)

Never mind about that, that was a little too homosexual... :roll: Do you mean like current events within us or something? Just wondering, since your topic is really ambiguous.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hadeki

Haha. Um...
Hm. I think it's just so I can talk to people? And not feel so awkward when I have to ask something.
Plus I don't want to just come on this site and ask something and then leave. I want to, like... Be a part of it. If that makes sense.
Anyway, yes? Like, anything cool going on with anyone? I'm downloading the entire Animal Crossing OST, for example (this is, like, the fifth try for me because it keeps halting the download).

Starrodkirby86

Most of us are avid gamers obviously, especially me as you can see my name. Knowing everyone is nice, but if you just interact, post around, be a good person, you'll know everyone easily. I can tell you everyone in my perspective of course, but nevertheless. Also...the easiest way to get people to know you is SPAM (And posting in lots of boards) :).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Hadeki

Ah... Makes sense now.
Yeah... I dunno. Thank you for the advice though.

Diokatsu

LOL star.

Anyways. I'm Diokatsu, shortened to Dio. I'm the resident pervert  :P. Well I also love anime, games and arts stuff. Most of us do things with RPG maker obviously, cept for Ulta of course xD. Yea, post alot in SPAM and you'll find your place in here. It'll take sometime but you'll find yourself being an invuable member of our little group we call CP. Just treat everyone with respect and remeber to laugh xD.

Starrodkirby86

Now I read back a bit of the posts...and anything cool going on...This is a good attempt for a lame shameless plug.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-e1CujLKqQ

Yes, the video is quite old and I messed up, but does that really matter?

-----
I'm Starrodkirby86 and I'm a recovering alcohol---wait, that doesn't sound right.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

August 11, 2008, 10:36:19 pm #8 Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:37:21 pm by Diokatsu
LOL.

Yea Star's our resident Stepmaniac. lol. Well, if you haven't go Google up Stepmania, download and play away:

http://starrodkirby86.web44.net/stepmania.php

Here's a link to Starrod's own collection of songs. Epic to say the least.

Hadeki

August 11, 2008, 10:45:40 pm #9 Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:50:28 pm by Hadeki
Haha. Hello Dio.
Dang... I like how you're way better than me at StepMania. I have it on my computer, with, like... 2100+ songs on it.
I can only do around 8 or 9 steps at best. Depending on how accurate the step count is to the actual steps of the song. I remember beating Sakura on Challenge for the first time... I was so proud.
And you play it two-handed? Weird. Well, I've never seen it played that way.
Anyway... I'll check out his songs, Dio.

P.S.
I totally skipped over your post, Blizzard. That was weird. Sorry. Maybe because there was only a smiley. Anyway, thank you.

Starrodkirby86

Then you must have REALLY not seen the big players out there. When you are at a higher stage in StepMania, say you play the 10-15 footers (Since that's really the common numbers out there), those are keyboard players. Keyboard players play in a variety of ways. One way is Index. Obviously, that's using the Index fingers, hence the name. The other way is Spread. It's somewhat like my way (Arrow keys and all), but it's on the keyboard, using combonations such as SD L; (Which is used by Thaor and me [alternatively on me], Thaor is one of the best StepMania players around).

To get better, I recommend you start playing on a speed mod and trying out one of the two previously mentioned methods. If you want some...erm...practice songs I suppose, in the songs I have, try and play Northern Lights on Standard, The Metal on Heavy, route 80s on Heavy, and to accustom yourself with the keyboard world, play party 4u "holy nite mix" on Challenge. The Metal is technically harder, but we'll see about that. ^_^

Hadeki

Oh man. I guess I've been missing out or something. I can, like, pretty much do Healing Vision Angelic Mix on Heavy (most of the time). If that gives you some idea of my skill level.
I'll try the SD L; way I suppose... See how that works out.
Uh... I don't really know all the underground terms of StepMania. What's a speed mod?

Starrodkirby86

August 11, 2008, 11:08:23 pm #12 Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:08:54 pm by Starrodkirby86
Hree, it's okay. If you know your DDR lingo, it's kind of similar to that. Don't want to make this a StepMania thread, but it can always be a Topic Wave (Similar to what's on Eminweb):

Speed Mod: The modifier for speed, such as 1x, 2x. It modifies how fast the arrows go.
C-Mod: A StepMania player's best friend. C-Mods are like C200, C400. They set the song to the same BPM, according to the number after the C. No pauses, no speed changes, nada. The common C is somewhere between C600-800.
SDP: Single Digit Perfect. You got somewhere below 10 perfects, but above one perfect. A common achievement to very good StepMania players.
Black Flag: One Great. The rest are Perfects/Marvelouses. A very hated thing.
-footer: The difficulty value of a song.
KBMP: Keyboard Mega Pack. One of the most famous Packs to play online.
Otaku's Dream: Anime pack by Jubo. Very popular for people who hate DDR songs but they still suck anyway.
Hands: More than two arrows at once. Weaker players hate this so they turn it off, giving them a less high combo.
Marv, Perf, etc. Attacking: Trying to get a certain value the highest as possible.
TIMING: Originally a glitch, this mod tells other players you're playing on an easier judge (So you get the arrows easily). It's corrected and barely appears.

---

Use whatever format you like. As long as it accepts all fours, you're good. Being able to do well on Healing D Vision Angelic Mix is nice, that song is kind of a tire out on pad (I know, I love playing that song to burn off calories :P). Try out some ten footers, borderline ones like Max 300 too.

Hadeki

OH!
I understand. Geez... It seems StepMania is less casual than I first thought. I think I have all of Jubo's stuff, by the way... I'm not a loser.  :(
Anyway, I play just about every song on 2x. Is that a bad thing?

Starrodkirby86

No, it's not. I used to be a 2x user for a long time, eventually going to 3x and eventually to C550, C575, C614, C659, a bit of C700, and then to C669. Listen, I am very appreciative of this StepMania talk, but this talks about what's up people...so um...if you want to continue discussion, either talk to me via PMs or IM me on AIM.

DeathLock

Starrodkirby86

Why do people think this is a welcoming thread? Brian already made one...This is rather a thread of him asking if there's anything interesting going on with other people's lives, to get more accustomed to them and all. o.o

DeathLock

Oh well, it looks like a welcome thread. >_>;

There's something called the IRC chat, easier to communicate.