[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

May 29, 2010, 03:43:02 pm #3500 Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:48:42 pm by The Niche
No, I think it was something Delusian was missing.

EDIT: Please point me to somewhere where it explains this.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

Quote from: The Niche on May 29, 2010, 03:13:24 pm
Just set them to through. It's what I'm doing and what's ultimately going to be less hassle for everyone.

As I posted before, this was a time consuming but ultimately surefire method to fix. I also "abused" this glitch because I didn't know any better. Lesson learned ha.

@Delusian I assume you need most of your transfer characters changed because like me, you relied on player touch to get the job done. :(
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Betown

May 30, 2010, 05:40:32 am #3502 Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:56:27 am by Betown
1.When using skills that include combo, they don't consume sp and don't start recharging.(in Action Recharge Time)

2.I want to make animations depend on character's direction(because it is slashing), but animations don't appear. it was fixed with action-animation options.

Skill Slash includes below.
      when 3 #Slash
       case com.aid
       when 1 #Temporary Weapon Change
         return [[COMFreeze, true],
                 [COMScript, '$game_variables[15] = $game_actors[1].weapon_id'],
                 [COMScript, '$game_party.gain_weapon(6, 1)'],
                 [COMScript, '$game_actors[1].equip(0, 6)'],
                 [COMScript, '$game_variables[27] = $game_actors[1].atk'],
                 [COMVariable, VARGame, 27, '*=', VARConstant, 3],
                 [COMCondition, VARCharacter, VALDirection, '==', VARConstant, 2],
                 [COMGoTo, 2],
                 [COMCondition, VARCharacter, VALDirection, '==', VARConstant, 4],
                 [COMGoTo, 5],
                 [COMCondition, VARCharacter, VALDirection, '==', VARConstant, 6],
                 [COMGoTo, 4],
                 [COMCondition, VARCharacter, VALDirection, '==', VARConstant, 8],
                 [COMGoTo, 3]]
       when 2 #Slash -Down
         return [[COMCharacter, CHAnimation, 148],
                 [COMAttack],
                 [COMCompletion],
                 [COMGoTo, 6]]
       when 3 #Slash-Up
         return [[COMCharacter, CHAnimation, 149],
                 [COMAttack],
                 [COMCompletion],
                 [COMGoTo, 6]]
       when 4 #Slash-Right
         return [[COMCharacter, CHAnimation, 150],
                 [COMAttack],
                 [COMCompletion],
                 [COMGoTo, 6]]
       when 5 #Slash-Left
         return [[COMCharacter, CHAnimation, 151],
                 [COMAttack],
                 [COMCompletion],
                 [COMGoTo, 6]]
       when 6 #Back to Original Weapon
         return [[COMWait, 10],
                 [COMScript, '$game_actors[1].equip(0, $game_variables[15])'],
                 [COMScript, '$game_party.gain_weapon(6 ,-1)'],
                 [COMFreeze, false]]
       end
     end

I'm looking forward to completing manual with combo system.  :o

winkio

May 30, 2010, 10:52:37 am #3503 Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:31:46 am by winkio
Quote from: Betown on May 30, 2010, 05:40:32 am
1.When using skills that include combo, they don't consume sp and don't start recharging.(in Action Recharge Time)

Ah, that's a good point.  You should be able to consume SP with a variable command, but this brings up a lot of other problems.  I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want an easier way to use 4-directional animations, you can turn them into sprites, and then set them to an action, even using custom frame numbers to get the timing right.

Scoryth

I have a question regarding this script. I want to set up my game to where when you make contact with an NPC it transfers the party to an "arena map" if you will where the enemies are already programmed. My issue is: how do I get the party to go back to the regular map after all the enemies have been defeated? I'm trying to make it similar to Star Ocean: Till the End of Time or Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.

Blizzard

Don't you think using a skill should consume SP regardless of combo commands? The rest can be done easily, simply using a wait command that. I think. >.<
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nathmatt

for the star ocean thing you can use this Battle Dome
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on May 30, 2010, 04:50:19 pm
Don't you think using a skill should consume SP regardless of combo commands? The rest can be done easily, simply using a wait command that. I think. >.<

Well any add-on thats are triggered by the use of a skill, weapon, or item will not work with combos.

One thing you can do is if the skill/item/weapon that triggers the combo is not used inside the combo (like a skill that is a flurry of attacks, or a multicast item), then you can make the combo skill shooting, set the target group in the database to User, setup the SP cost, set it to 0 damage (and every other stat), and then have the first action use the skill as its first command.  It takes a slight bit of work, but it should do the trick.  Oh, and you might need a conditional to check if you have enough SP.

sirsniffy

Hey Guys,

I am just learning how to make skills, however when I hotkey them, they are not working. I only get the buzzer sound. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Is there something in the script that I need to turn on, or is there a tutorial for the Skills. I have read the manual, but I don't know how to set a skill ID. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
These precious things...let them bleed, let them wash away - Tori Amos

Lethal-Yarn

Check in the config what type of skill it is.  If it is direct, check the range.  The issue most likely is because you have no targets within your range, which causes the buzzer.

sirsniffy

I checked these. The ranges are set, and the enemies are all around me. I can hotkey the skill, but it won't appear in the HUD. How can I select a skill from the Hotkey menu? Thanks!

Aqua

Did you press the number to which you assigned the skill?

sirsniffy

Quote from: Aqua on May 31, 2010, 12:37:32 pm
Did you press the number to which you assigned the skill?
Omg...I'm so dumb! I didn't do that! It works now fine. Thanks Aqua!

Betown

June 01, 2010, 10:00:43 am #3513 Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:00:42 am by Betown
Hmm.... Is it a bug?
When using direct skill with no enemy in range, charge sprites appear twice.(It doesn't before ver 2.74)

In skills include combo, It can cost sp to use these tricks, but Action Recharge Time doesn't work with combo skills. :(
(It doesn't show time & gauge, so I want to show them...)

There's no way except waiting for BABS ver2.80.(I can't wait  8))

Hellfire Dragon

Would there be a way to disable the player from using skills with certain elements unless a switch is on? So basically I need a way to check if the skill the player attempting to use is a certain element, then check if the switch is on, if it is, then continue with the skill.

Aqua

That's not related to Blizz-ABS.
This is very much possible.
Just mod the skill_can_use? method.

Flamesora

You should make monsters have different respawns. then having them all respawn at the same time.

nathmatt

you can have different respawns RTFM
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Flamesora

how can you explain :) ...  and give me instructions please

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.