How you know when your country sucks

Started by fugibo, May 17, 2009, 08:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

October 12, 2009, 01:51:53 pm #140 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:53:24 pm by RoseSkye
... that statement leads you to this quote... As long you keep up that argument it'll be a continuous loop.

Quote from: RoseSkye on October 12, 2009, 12:48:44 pm
First you say :
QuoteWe never have mass genocides

and then when I bring up one you say ..

Then you say :
QuoteThe Indians happened a while ago.  It does not define our society today

QuoteWe have a society where people of all races (even Indians) can be found from the lowest to the highest level of society.

(Do you fucking know that there are races of indians that are extinct now? If thats not Genocide *then you are an idiot)

First you say
QuoteWe have 50 states that can put aside their differences and work towards a common goal.

... I'm not even going to bring up examples that counter this. We can't even pass a health care bill and you're living in some sort of fantasy world where we are working towards a common goal. The republicans in general are caught on making sure nothing happens and we're "Working towards a common goal"

Fuck that winkio, and fuck whatever you change this statement into.

First you say :
QuoteThe only prominent organized hate group is the KKK, which is declining, and there are good relations between different races, sexualities, etc. in many parts of the US.

I say :
No.. that's not true. Many, many domestic terrorist organizations exists even today.

Then you say:
QuoteMention organized hate groups to the average American.  KKK will be the first, and perhaps the only one they come up with.

(I could have sworn that Bush and Obama did something to keep tabs on RADICAL FAR LEFT/ RIGHT WAR VETERANS THAT RETURNED MENTALLY UNBALANCED.. what do you call the organizations they joined or were feared in joining.. parties? I could have went with a tea party joke.. but nah..)

.. I'm sick of this.. I'm fucking sick of you changing what you say every two seconds when I bring up something that counters a "point" you made. Get your shit together or  shut up. I'm serious. Its like arguing with a creationist when I call bullshit on one thing you bring up another and then you change what you said. I can't keep up with all the bullshit I have to prove wrong. Winkio, keep up with FUCKING reality. Stop saying shit without researching.  Damn, I like you but this in general is pissing me off.

Stop steering this into a racial thing as well. You know damned well I am not just talking about racial separation, I'm talking about separation in general. . if you're caught up in being politically correct in this conversation you have already lost.

Quote from: RoseSkye on October 12, 2009, 01:41:44 pm

Since I don't want to argue anymore.. I'll end this here with a checkmate. Everything I said was right and you have just fallen into the biggest trap I've ever sewn. As I said before U.S = diverse.

Unity: absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character.
Diversity: the state or fact of being diverse; difference; unlikeness.

diverse != unity and unity != diverse

The conflict of opinion will is the result of Americas freedom and diversity.. and since your whole argument is based on Diversity and Unity.. your foundation has just been toppled and I am the victor.

QuoteYes America is more diverse than  Europe. I always agreed with you when it came to that. However, it was always the unity part that annoyed me.

I'm sorry, when I'm doing stuff like this I don't like to just win. I like to crush peoples arguments. Everything you've said and I've quoted has been supporting my argument all along. Where there is diversity, there can't be unity.. period.

Magus

October 12, 2009, 01:55:13 pm #141 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:58:16 pm by Nawm
Quote from: Longfellow on October 12, 2009, 01:46:52 pm
Quote from: Nawm on October 12, 2009, 01:39:50 pm
US shouldn't have went to war with Iraq.
[/size]

but that's my opinion.

Does not compute.

Also, nice grammar. Sure proves your "I go to college and write books, so I'm supersmart lol!" theory.

I never said I was supersmart. And what's your point anyway?  (I'm pretty sure that was a sacastic remark, so use [/sarcasm] next time)

And this is a forum thread. I'm pretty sure I can make as many typos as I want. Do you want to see some of my work, mr. smartass? <-- I would normally say that. But I'd rather not.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

winkio

October 12, 2009, 01:55:29 pm #142 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:58:30 pm by winkio
@Rose: false   [explanation state=ignored]text[/explanation]

You continuously prove yourself wrong often?

Magus

Also longfellow, it looks like you're trying to rearrange my sentence.
Two words: Not cool.

IF you weren't, than look at the other post.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 01:55:29 pm
@Rose: false   [explanation state=ignored]text[/explanation]

@winkio

QuoteI was trying to prove that the US had SOMETHING to be proud of.  Nothing else.  I did this by offering different statements to think about.  You are the one that warped it into some crazed debate thing.  I wasn't convincing people of facts, I getting people to understand my position.

The opposite of fact is opinion.

Fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
Opinion: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

Once again, anything you say on the basis of things you have stated previously have been trumped.. now even more thanks to your own admission. Your opinion has no place in this conversation especially if you are as bold to state things you have in the past. I'd like to point you towards the above quote once more.

If you need someone elses opinion on this I refer it to one of the wisest thing I've heard anyone say on this forum.

Quote from: winkioI dislike internet arguments because there is no reliability, no expertise, and often times no balanced point of view.  That's fine in good fun and all, but when people start taking it seriously, and believing in it, it's a problem.  Unbiased research people.  Cold hard facts.  Look at all sides of the topic.  Don't fool yourselves.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 01:44:34 pm
Hiroshima and Nagasaki had many motivations, none of which were racial.  The US wanted:
1.  To win the war before the Russians did, as they were going to start a land invasion of Japan in a few weeks.
2.  To demonstrate our new power.  Bigger stick is better.
3.  Yeah, they were military targets, but hitting the military parts of those cities with an a-bomb is like spraying one leaf on a tree with a hose sprayer.  This is probably the weakest argument.
4.  To come out of the war as international leaders.  The US was kinda a big deal after WWI, but then was dismissed after we didn't join the League of Nations.  After WWII, we were at the top.

I didn't say anything about racial motivations, I said something about genocide.

Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 01:50:08 pm
I was trying to prove that the US had SOMETHING to be proud of.  Nothing else.  I did this by offering different statements to think about.  You are the one that warped it into some crazed debate thing.  I wasn't convincing people of facts, I getting people to understand my position.

Why do you have to prove that? I am well aware the U.S. has something to be proud of. In fact the U.S. has many things to be proud of.

Quote from: Longfellow on October 12, 2009, 01:51:49 pm
And we do - it tooks us less than 200 years to attain more power than almost every other nation in history, while it took said nation hundreds more to attain theirs.

So did the Roman Empire, so did the Roman Empire... And we all know how that ended.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

QuoteYour opinion has no place in this conversation especially if you are as bold to state things you have in the past.

Ah, so that's where you are coming from.  See, before you got involved and derailed this thing, we WERE just throwing opinions around, it wasn't a debate and nobody was trying to prove anything (different "prove" than the one you are thinking of btw).  Then, you came in and derailed it.  Most people went with you and debated, but I thought it might turn in to something like this so I kept with my opinion.  Opinions and facts and evidence are not mutually exclusive.

And I love that quote.  that is precisely why I didn't want this to turn into an argument, because cold hard facts about the US vs. the EU are not as interesting as what we had going on before.  You did it anyways though, and you were completely on top of it from your end, which was a good move, but you just jumped right in assuming everyone else was too.  That was your mistake.

Blizzard

And I probably shouldn't have moved the topic here. But too many facts polluted the thread to stay in Chat. #_#

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

It was definitely time to move it by the time you did though.

Magus

Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 02:19:07 pm
It was definitely time to move it by the time you did though.

I smell lock... oh wait.. that's just chicken

fugibo

Quote from: Nawm on October 12, 2009, 01:55:13 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on October 12, 2009, 01:46:52 pm
US shouldn't have went to war with Iraq.
[/size]

but that's my opinion.

Does not compute.

Also, nice grammar. Sure proves your "I go to college and write books, so I'm supersmart lol!" theory.

I never said I was supersmart. And what's your point anyway?  (I'm pretty sure that was a sacastic remark, so use [/sarcasm] next time)

And this is a forum thread. I'm pretty sure I can make as many typos as I want. Do you want to see some of my work, mr. smartass? <-- I would normally say that. But I'd rather not.

I was pointing out that you can't just market an opinion as fact. And no, that's the exact order of your post, the first sentence and the last, I believe. I only took the last because that's where you actually label it an "opinion," which makes the difference between what you did and trying to stuff crap down people's throats.

Also, "have went" isn't a typo, it's a failure to conjugate.

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on October 12, 2009, 02:14:28 pm
QuoteYour opinion has no place in this conversation especially if you are as bold to state things you have in the past.

Ah, so that's where you are coming from.  See, before you got involved and derailed this thing, we WERE just throwing opinions around, it wasn't a debate and nobody was trying to prove anything

I didn't derail it WcW derailed it.. I simply ranted about how I hate the health care/birthers/ nut jobs that I see.

The comment that derailed it was the dick that said "99% of Europe... blah blah blah" Of course, I'll take the blame for it if you want, I don't care. As long as I can have fun.

edwardthefma

wen you prezadent decides to force evry 1 to pay for free haircare for every one
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

winkio

Yeah, when the government forces you to pay for something that benefits everyone, you are most likely in the worst place on earth.  It's so unfair!

And by the worst place on earth, of course I mean every organized civilization on it.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: edwardthefma on April 15, 2010, 09:58:22 pm
wen you prezadent decides to force evry 1 to pay for free haircare for every one

If your country's schools fail at teaching your kids how to spell.

Blizzard

When the government is so corrupted that everybody knows, but nobody can do anything against it.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on April 16, 2010, 02:32:00 am
When the government is so corrupted that everybody knows, but nobody can do anything against it.

Oh, you idealist.

Subsonic_Noise

When... fuck, I don't even think my countrysucks. I guess I'm not cool now.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on April 16, 2010, 02:34:26 am
Quote from: Blizzard on April 16, 2010, 02:32:00 am

Oh, you idealist.

Worse, you see it from time to time on the news that one or another politician was involved in criminal, affairs, etc., and nothing happens. No real investigation, no court, no nothing. They all get away even though everybody LITERALLY knows that they are guilty. :/

winkio

Still, it's progress.  Back in the day, politicians used to kill the opposition and repossess everything they owned.  There's no such thing as a true egalitarian government yet, although as the internet gets more and more integrated into society, perhaps we will get closer to that goal, as the internet is a great equalizer.