[XP] Wipe: Peaceful Days <Project Wipe Prequel Demo>

Started by ShadowPierce, September 13, 2011, 11:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

September 13, 2011, 11:33:54 am Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:11:58 pm by ShadowPierce

Background Story

*Note: Background story from original Project Wipe Thread

Magic & technology, though separate & incompatible with each other, coexist in the world of Cinxis. Technology cannot influence or affect magic, while spells cannot alter, & sometimes even destroy, the results of machines. Though neither can be used with the other, both methods are accepted by civilization. Technology-users are known as Technicians while magic-users are called Arcanists.

Technicians & Arcanists do not bother the other in their respective fields, but a young Technician named Devon unintentionally creates a technology-dispelling machine without realizing it. He was originally making a time machine that requires the fabled Mana Stone, the rarest & most Mana-filled substance in the world, as the source of power but something unexpected ocurred. Upon finishing the machine, he tested it out, but it only ended up destroying every form of machinery in the whole continent of Epia, the biggest continent in the world, nearly incapacitating the continent for a whole year. Knowing he would be in trouble if he confesses that he made the huge chaos, he never told anyone about it & hid the machine in an island on the Fenya continent which is under the Arcanist territory.

Technicians around Epia blamed Arcanists for the accident now known as "The Wipe", since magic was proven to destroy most technology. The Spell Circle, a group of high-ranking Arcanists, denied that such a big accident was caused by mere spells. The misunderstanding grew into an argument, the argument slowly became fights, & the fights finally lead to a declaration of war between the two groups. The war went on for 14 years.

But what they didn't know was The Wipe altered a select few, and these people will determine the future of Cinxis...

Main Story

The events that happen in this demo occurs between Wipe's background story and the beginning of the full game. The three main characters (Rayse, Rhia & Vinz) are still in the Magic Academy in their final year. See what Arcanist students do with their daily school lives, and experience Wipe's main features!

Characters

Rayse: ShowHide

Name: Rayse
Race: Human (Arcanist)
Class: Mage
Preferred Weapon: Staff
Main Element: N/A
Bio:

Rayse is an energetic but not very talented Arcanist who just graduated from the Magic Academy with friends Rhia & Vinz. He always wanted to be a member of The Spell Circle. He always talks about how a great Spellmaster (member of The Spell Circle) he would be, but easily loses focus. Unlike those who were assigned to retrieve the Mana Stone, he volunteered hoping that it will help his chances to becoming a Spellmaster. He is the destined hero of this game.

Rhia: ShowHide

Name: Rhia
Race: Forest Elf
Main Element: Wind
Bio:

Rhia is an honor student in the Magic Academy & a friend of Rayse & Vinz for a long time. She keeps score of the two every time they compete with each other. Despite being a forest elf, she left her village & decided to learn magic than hunt with a bow like most forest elves. Rhia became friends with Rayse & Vinz when she rescued them from a wild Kergan when the two were just little. Though she's usually calm ,at times, she can get pretty loud when she's annoyed.

Vinz: ShowHide

Name: Vinz
Race: Human
Main Element: Dark
Bio:

Vinz is an exceptional Mage, able to cast mid-level spells as a freshman. He is calm, but whenever there is competition, he jumps straight at it & usually faces Rayse in the finals. Vinz is the grandson of Spellmaster Seth, one of the original founders of The Spell Circle. He is moody, which annoys Rhia, and ends up either being cheered up by Rayse or having a dare with him. He doesn't really care much about his future, knowing that his grandfather is a Spellmaster. He'd rather hang out with Rayse & Rhia than learn advance-level spells from Spellmaster Seth.

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide
Now Loading... :3

Sample of evented faceset:

Rayse & Vinz just can't win against Rhia. :^_^':

An old man with a taste for earrings. Sounds kinda suspicious. :V:

SpellCasting Room

Alchemy Room

History Room

My favorite place IRL, the Cafeteria! :xD:

More like a witch doctor's room than an Infirmary. :xD:

Hmmm... What could this room be for? :naughty:

... :whistle:

The Not-so-Grand Grand Library... :xD:

What could be behind those curtains? :ninja:

Counter on the left, spacious area above... I smell an arena... >:3

A peek at Wipe's other maps

Concept Art

Rayse: ShowHide

Rhia: ShowHide

Vinz: ShowHide

Banner: ShowHide

Rayse SpiritMeld Form: ShowHide

Rhia SpiritMeld Form: ShowHide

Features

Legend: ShowHide

• Already implemented
• To be implemented immediately
• To be added in the future
• Optional
• Highly unlikely

• Blizz-ABS as main battle system

- Blizz-ABS is the most powerful Action Battle System for RMXP out there. Fight in real-time, customize your allies' strategy and use various skills depending on your situation!

• Element Mastery (custom skill learning system by SBR*)

- Gain power and skills depending on which elements you wish to master! Want to be quick and elusive? Master the WIND element and increase your Evasion Rate. Want raw, physical power? Add your skill points to the FIRE element and raise your Strength. Customize your characters the way you want!
- Some skills can only be unlocked with a certain combination of Element levels. For example, a lava skill can be learned if you have enough skill points allotted to both the FIRE and EARTH elements. Experiment and explore!

• Custom HUD

- A HUD specially designed to adopt the SpiritMeld system.

• 100% custom BGMs

- Fresh and relaxing music as you wander around the school yards. Feel the tension rise up when the time for action comes!

• Lots of custom sprites and graphics

- Most graphics have been specifically handpicked to perfectly fit the world of Cinxis. The atmosphere and mapping has been set to a carefree mood to show a lively Magic Academy in the midst of a long-awaited ceasefire from the war.

• Summon System (current substitute for SpiritMeld System See original Wipe topic for more information about SpiritMeld System)

- receive a basic familiar as a pet and ally in battle. You can purchase more familiars in the Familiar Barn after you finish the game.
- this is temporarily used as a substitute to the SpiritMeld system, since implementing it this early would not be suitable to the game's story. However, the SpiritMeld system is being considered to be implemented when you finish the game.

• "Smart" enemies and challenging battles

- enemies will be designed to be tricky and challenging. Some of them may be following patterns, while others do act randomly. There is no single way to defeat a boss, but trial and error can help you find the most effective method.

• Introduces the concept of the full game. The whole game is a tutorial!

- Peaceful Days is meant to be a demo of the Wipe series. A prologue if you will. Instead of producing one whole game, the project will be split up into chapters. Consider this game as Chapter 0.5 of the game. (Disc changer script will be used)

• Achievement Room

- Finished the game? Defeated a boss? Pre-made achievements will be recorded in the Achievement Room. It will be accessible to you once you finished the game. A Personal Achievement may also be written down here.

• Alchemy System (item combination)

- Too much rubbish in your inventory? Turn it into something useful using Alchemy! Read a few recipes in the Library and you may create some very useful items. Be careful though, because using the wrong ingredients will cause your alchemy to fail and your items will disappear.

• Gardening System

- Most potions are merely extracts from various plants and flowers, slightly made more potent with enchantment. Purchase seeds from town and plant them in the school greenhouse. After a few days, it will sprout into something useful like a recovery item or an essential alchemy compound.

• Expected at least 1 hour game length

- this includes the cutscenes, tutorials and main quests. However, if you are a "completionist" and would like to defeat all the bosses, finish all of the side quests and conquer all the minigames, it would probably double, heck, even triple your total game time.

• Lots of quests and minigames

- Want more of the game? Multiple side quests that reward you accordingly will keep you busy and can be repeated as many times as you want after you finish the game. Wanna take a break from the action? Play a few of the many minigames to be implemented. I even dare you to master one!

• Summoning Room (monster arena)

- If you want to fight a boss that you have already defeated but don't want to go through the trouble of going to the last room of a dungeon, just pay a small fee and fight it in the Summoning Room!

• Open-end game (play even after finishing the story)

- This game was developed, firstly, to be an example game for Blizz-ABS, utilizing and explaining most of its main features that will also be used in future Wipe games. Secondly, it is a game designed to have unlimited replay value, with lots of customization possibilities with quests and minigames that will never get boring.

• Familiar Bonding (relationship with pet)

- This feature is still pending, but may be implemented if there is still time. Instead of having a fixed set of stats for your familiar, it can get strong or weak depending on how you raise it. Feed it the right food and choosing the right decisions can make it a reliable ally, but raise it poorly and it will be useless.

• Expected game specifics:
   - 6 weapon types
   - 20+ monsters
   - 48 skills (and counting)
   - 25+ items
   - 50+ weapons and armors
   - 24 maps (still adding more)

- These are not the final numbers, but it will not stray too far from these if they were to be changed.

*Note: Not all features will be added on initial release

Credits

Graphic Resources
       • Dweller
       • SilentKnight72
       • Teamanti.com
       • ChopSuey!
       • spriters-resource.com
       • Trickster
       • ピッケル (Ice Ax)
       • ShadowPierce
       • soundspectre

Audio Resources
       • neutrino-P
       • Hoehoe-P
       • 40mP
       • steppo2000
       • ShadowPierce
       • MarkHest

Scripts
       • Blizzard
       • winkio
       • nathmatt
       • SBR*
       • ForeverZer0
       • game_guy
       • Zeriab
       • Aqua

Event Systems
       • AJNR95
       • ShadowPierce

Notes & Updates

Versioning Plan
       0.1.0 - initial version to be tested by team members; all green features are already implemented; some skills, items and minigames not yet implemented; game cannot be played even after finishing yet ; exclusive to beta testers
       0.1.1 - all maps & dungeons finished; all monsters (not including all bosses) already in-game; some side quests implemented
       0.2.0 - first CP beta release; all basic weapons usable; all blue features are already implemented; most minigames still not implemented
       0.2.1 - Gardening system implemented; all weapons and items usable; some skills still unusable
       0.2.2 - Alchemy system implemented; most skills now usable; finished game can now be continued
       0.2.3 - mini-games complete; all monsters (including bosses) complete; Summoning room fully implemented; most side quests implemented
       0.3.0 - Public release; all skills implemented; all side quests implemented; everything else
       0.3.1 - addition of approved extras

Links

Recruitment Thread:
       Team Wipe Recruitment

Updates
Sep 13, 2011: ShowHide

• Main topic created.
       • Mapping finished
       • BGM finished
       • All maps tested in passability.
       • 1% eventing finished
       • Blizz-ABS added but not yet configured

Sep 14, 2011: ShowHide

• Added a few screenshots

Sep 17, 2011: ShowHide

• Recruitment thread revived! Post here if you're interested in joining Team Wipe:

Team Wipe Recruitment

Sep 18, 2011: ShowHide

• Mapping is now 100%. (initial release)
       • Eventing 10%. (Not counting cutscenes)

Sep 22, 2011: ShowHide

• Custom Sprites currently being added. About 50% finished.
       • Eventing 15%. (Not counting cutscenes)
       • Graphics for the custom HUD are now around 75% completed. (Thanks to nathmatt)
       • Some credits added. (Please remind me if I forgot someone :P )

Sep 28, 2011: ShowHide

• Custom Sprites still being added. About 60% finished.
       • Eventing 16%.
       • A few mapping improvements.
       • Custom HUD 60% finished
       • Custom Icons 50% finished.
       • Added Links section. to project thread
       • More credits added.

Oct 1, 2011: ShowHide

• Eventing 16.1%. :xD:
       • Evented message faceset emotion system currently implemented. (Will be replaced with Ccoa's or Dubealex's CMS)
       • Around 80% facesets finished.
       • Custom sprites still at 60%.

Oct 4, 2011: ShowHide

• Eventing 16.5%.
       • Evented message faceset emotion system considered complete until further updates required.
       • Custom sprites still at 60%.
       • Updated Screenshots section.
       • Updated Recruitment topic with 1 new open position.
       • Added Fantasist into Team Wipe as Title/Gameover designer.

Nov 1, 2011: ShowHide

• No progress on eventing so far.
       • Alternate facesets used for Evented Faceset System.
       • Title screen 95% finished.
       • Custom HUD 90% finished.

Mar 26, 2012: ShowHide

• 75% new facesets finished
       • 100% non-boss spritesets added
       • 1 of 4 character busts finished
       • Updated Characters section
       • Added Concept Art section
       • Updated Notes & Updates section

Mar 27, 2012: ShowHide

• 3 Concept Art pictures
       • 2 Boss Spritesets finished
       • Character & Monster Stats adjusted

Mar 29, 2012: ShowHide

• Wipe banner added to Concept Art section
       • elaborated each feature in Features section

Notes
Sep 13, 2011: ShowHide

Sorry for no Screenshots and lousy project thread. I'll fix it in a while. The reason why I'm starting fresh is because the original Project Wipe was a little overambitious. My aim was 20+ hours of game play and a crapload of features that are probably not even possible. Although I'm still planning on finishing the original game, this short demo with a target of 3 hours of gameplay serves as a preview for the game and an ad of sorts to attract possible team members. Its first goal is to be moved to the main Projects board and can even be a Blizz-ABS example game, since I'm focusing on skill graphics and combos. Anyways, hope you'll like it, and I'm looking forward to having you in the world of Cinxis! :haha:

Sep 18, 2011: ShowHide

I never noticed that I missed a few maps, so I just finished mapping them today. :^_^': Anyway, just wanted to let anyone who reads this know that production is still going on steadily. Big shout out to my scripters natmatt & SBR*! Thanks, and great job guys! :haha:

Sep 28, 2011: ShowHide

Progress has been slow for the past week due to exams, personal relationship troubles and a huge-ass storm that's terrorizing our area. Anyone interested in joining Team Wipe can click the recruitment thread above. :D

Oct 1, 2011: ShowHide

This will be my last Wipe update for the month of October as I will be trying to turn my life around and actually start caring about my studies. :P You'll still see me around here in CP, maybe standing by for hours, but I won't be as active as before. (Like I'm actually active :V: )

By the way, I still really need this graphic:
       Project Wipe SR Bar request
       I'd really appreciate it if someone can take a crack at this, since I have no idea how to make these kinds of graphics with Photoshop, and I'm still discovering how GIMP works.
Solved by nathmatt... :3

See ya around Team Wipe! Later people of CP! :haha:

Oct 4, 2011: ShowHide

Screw my last post, I'm still free so here I am giving you new updates on Wipe! :haha:

I added quite a few screenshots in the Screenshots section (where else? :V: ) and gave away a few sneak peeks at Wipe's possible features. Please note that these aren't all the maps in Wipe. Also, I know it's still deserted, so I think I might recruit an eventer soon to make random events all over the place. :P

I'd also like to give a big shoutout to Fantasist for accepting the Title/Gameover designer position! Thanks a lot! :haha:

I never know when I'll be busy again so keep posted here in Wipe!

Nov 1, 2011: ShowHide

Production is resumed, but is still pretty slow. Hope to recover from RL problems soon... :3

Please continue to support Project Wipe! :haha:

Mar 26, 2012: ShowHide

Production is still not entirely resumed, but I'm still trying to make progress little by little. Also, I decided to use facesets during dialoge, but use character busts in the menu. Character busts aren't that easy, so maybe it'll still take a while. :P

Anyway, I'm inviting all Team Wipe members to resume their tasks. :haha:

If anybody has dedication and determination, it's gotta be me. So if you want to be in a project that will be finished no matter what may happen, click the recruitment thread above and be a member of Team Wipe! :D

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

G_G

ShadowPierce

September 13, 2011, 12:08:06 pm #3 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:09:24 pm by ShadowPierce
->HmmMmm... I'm still in school and pretty busy, I work on the demo for at least 30 minutes per day... Hopefully, I can release the initial demo before the year ends... But if I get too wrapped up in stuff, maybe by February 2012... :3

EDIT:
->Thanks GG! I'll be moving this to ARC format once it's finished! :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

AliveDrive

I try not to place time limits on myself.

RMXP is my favorite hobby, but I like other stuff too. So a time limit doesn't work for me.

I try and judge myself based on how much was done.

Sometimes I can make good progress in 30 minutes, sometimes 15, or 60.

Sometimes I just have slow days.

It helps to make a to do list, and take care of the easier stuff first.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

ShadowPierce

->Funny that you mentioned a to-do list... I actually had the whole demo planned out in my PDA already, event sequences, main features, additional stuff, all those! :xD:

Anyway, are you working on a project or anything? What are your specialties? I'm still hiring team members, mostly scripters, spriters and graphic artists... I could still use some monster sprites... :3

1161-0627-9890

AliveDrive

Right now I'm just offering help with small things.

I have an event request thread here if you have a simple system idea that doesn't involve scripting.

ShadowPierce

->Eventing's not really a problem for me, since logical sequencing is pretty much my strong point... I'll make sure to post in your thread if I have problems! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

SBR*

I do really like the storyline. Perhaps I could help with scripting? I know I firstly offered to help with mapping and quit after 2 days, but a script or two shouldn't be too much of a problem :D.

ShadowPierce

->I'm sending nathmatt a BABS HUD request soon, so I guess I'll give you the other script for this game... :3
*sends message*

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

I hope you'll put up a couple of screenshots soon.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->That sounded like a threat... :V:

*puts up a couple of maps* :3

1161-0627-9890

SBR*

Quote from: ShadowPierce on September 13, 2011, 07:21:07 pm
->That sounded like a threat... :V:

*puts up a couple of maps* :3

SS 1 has glitchy flowers.

Could you please put up some non-human-made building SS's up?

ShadowPierce

->Those are screenies from the editor, tile priorities will fix it when in-game... Actually, I think I'll post some gameplay SS's now... :P

And the dungeon maps won't be up until version 0.2.0... :( I'll start working on them when I finish eventing the first few cutscenes... (~_~)

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

Well, I'll try to help my old friend of course. What'd you need? :D
Sigs: ShowHide

ShadowPierce

->Just a quick fix for  my tileset for now... I'll send you a link & some instructions... Thanks! :haha:

1161-0627-9890

Silentknight72

September 19, 2011, 12:04:03 am #16 Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:18:54 am by Silentknight72
Hey Shadow, you wouldn't mind to tell me the original sprites for the statue, right? I need those to fix the pedestal. Thnx.

Also to all of you people: I'm back, but I'll be gone again soon.
Sigs: ShowHide

SBR*

Quote from: Silentknight72 on September 19, 2011, 12:04:03 am
Hey Shadow, you wouldn't mind to tell me the original sprites for the statue, right? I need those to fix the pedestal. Thnx.

Also to all of you people: I'm back, but I'll be gone again soon.

Why :'(?

ShadowPierce

->I made him temporarily come out of retirement to make a simple fix with some of the tilesets... *Points to gold & stone statues*

If you look closely, those pedestals are just simple unshaded circles... xD

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

September 27, 2011, 04:19:58 pm #19 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:21:14 pm by ShadowPierce
->BUMP for a few updates!

Anyone interested in joining Team Wipe, click this link & reply:

Team Wipe Recruitment

Or you can send me a message... :D

Waiting for your replies!!! :haha:

1161-0627-9890