Hatred

Started by Blizzard, October 25, 2014, 05:14:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

@chaucer: aamerican Psycho still had some ecploration of psychology and emotions. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

October 27, 2014, 01:45:13 am #21 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:26:56 am by Sgt. Tuggernuts
Quote from: fjshrr5 on October 25, 2014, 06:34:13 pm
School shooters, People with mental issues, and the like.

I want to say something very horrible to you, since you just called me a psychopathic school shooter (indirectly, but still, you bundled me with the likes of murderers).
Think before you post something so dumb. That is such a damn ridiculous generalization of anyone looking forward to this game for how insanely fun it's going to be.

The target demographic is people who love senseless violence in video games, which is a large chunk of gamers.
Not school shooters, not people with mental issues. Jesus, I am finding it so hard to not rip you one right now. Your post really pissed me off.
But I'll just leave it alone now.

Anyways, I'm not going to look over this thread to see if it was already said, but:
Violence doesn't need a story to be justifiable in a video game. It's not real, none of it is, and the whole
"GTA's violence is okay because of the story dawg" excuse is incredibly dumb, in my humble opinion, and is not a good justification of the killing you do in the game at all.

It's a video game, so anything you do in it does not need a reason (Hatred is an arcade game, after all, and arcade games for years had no reason for what's happening in them at all).
If the game just wants you to do it, that's that. You do it. Not really an issue. None of it is real. And let's not forget, the biggest draw of GTA is the ability to go on senseless massacres outside of the story missions (at least it is for me and countless other people).  So, when you think about it, Hatred is a game that has existed for years in GTA and GTA clones, so the outrage is not justified at all.

I just don't understand why a story is needed to kill people.
I mean, am I supposed to feel good about murdering Blume employees in Watch_Dogs because the story has them working for the big bad data-mining company?
These are people with lives and families, but I can still kill them. Nobody should feel any better about it because the story has you do it.

But hey, I'm a psychopathic school shooter, so maybe my perception of reality is just warped beyond repair. :V:
(now I'll leave it alone)

ON A LIGHTER NOTE:
Best parody of the trailer, I think.

EDIT:
Also, the existence of this petition makes my damn blood boil.

Blizzard

October 27, 2014, 03:14:54 am #22 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:21:52 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Sgt. Tuggernuts on October 27, 2014, 01:45:13 am
so the outrage is not justified at all.

Good. Then you have nothing against an Auschwitz Simulator. Or Torture Simulator.

And you should have read the topic. Nobody is saying that there has to be a story. You are completely missing the issue.

EDIT: In a nutshell, games have been censored and called insensitive for a lot less. I remember that one war game had to be changed, because the families of the dead soldiers felt offended. I can't remember which war it was about (a recent one) and what exactly happened anymore. But yeah. This game is basically a middle finger to all people who lost close ones in shootings like this, because it makes it the whole point of playing. That's the issue. They are marketing it as a "school shooter" on purpose. Regardless if they are doing it for marketing reasons only or not, this is still a giant dick move. And IMO this is too far.

War is war, people die for various reasons (economic, political, patriotic, etc.). But school shootings are totally unnecessary and shouldn't happen.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

October 27, 2014, 04:34:22 am #23 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:52:55 am by Sgt. Tuggernuts
Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2014, 03:14:54 am
Quote from: Sgt. Tuggernuts on October 27, 2014, 01:45:13 am
so the outrage is not justified at all.

And you should have read the topic. Nobody is saying that there has to be a story. You are completely missing the issue.

I was actually referring to the general outrage over the game, and what I brought up is an argument many people use.
When I mentioned me not reading the topic, I also meant to see if anyone else mentioned that argument everyone seems to be using.

Also, maybe I missed something somewhere down the line, but going off my current knowledge, Hatred doesn't let you shoot up schools. :/

EDIT:
Yeah, I'm trying to find something that says you can, but I just find references to it being a cause for future school shootings (which it has no more potential for doing so than your average violent game). Or maybe I read your post wrong, but this bit...

Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2014, 03:14:54 am
They are marketing it as a "school shooter" on purpose.

...makes it seem like you thought that was the case. It's not even marketed as a school shooter, and there aren't even any children/teens in the trailer.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you at all.

EDIT 2:
But yeah, misunderstandings aside...
No, I'm not missing the issue. I understand full well everyone's problem with the game.
The violence is very gruesome, what with how people beg you not to kill them (Watch_Dogs did that too, and realistically like this game does, but whatever), and because of that, some people consider it going too far. I do not. It's all so stupid to me, seeing as it's a game, and not real, and it's certainly not the first game to do this.

And the other issue people are having, is the lack of a story to justify the rampages, which is, to me, an incredibly laughable argument.
This game is getting much more shit than it deserves. If it wasn't advertised with the ultra-edgy trailer, yet we got the same game displayed in said trailer on release, the outrage across the internet would be far less prevalent. At least I think so.

BASICALLY, I see how all of you think it's an issue, but in the end, it just isn't an issue like everyone seems to think.

Blizzard

That's why I said "school shooter" and not school shooter. The point is going on a murder spree. Whether you go shooting up a school or the streets doesn't really make much of a difference.

Spaceman McConaughey

October 27, 2014, 05:18:11 am #25 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:19:29 am by Sgt. Tuggernuts
Oh, I see.

Eh, seeing as I'm the kind of person that plays GTA games and GTA-like games for violent, lengthy massacres, this doesn't bother me.
I guess this is going to disgust anyone who plays those games purely for the missions. :P

Still seems like a large non-issue to me, considering how widely accepted this type of gameplay is.
To me, it feels like the video game tabloids chose the violent game with the edgiest trailer to make their target. :)

chaucer

here's a few more movies with senseless violence without any psychological aspects to it, House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects, Hills Have eyes(new versions). If you think theres a deeper meaning than it might have went over my head lol also if we're counting all forms of media this song crosses the line too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edygRjdfOPQ(I think this one would come closest to the plot of this game) and every other song like it there's plenty. Everyone has they're freedom to think and decide for themself, and that's what makes this world so beautiful and keeps life interesting, if everyone shared the same views life would be pretty bland, anyways I'll end my argument here.

Blizzard

@Tuggernuts: Yeah, it's more of a context thing than gameplay.

@chaucer: Yeah, they have senseless violence and nobody really cares. But if the setting was Nazi Germany and Jews would be getting killed in those movies, you can bet your ass that people would stir up shit. xD

chaucer

oh of course, there's no doubt about that, some things shouldn't be made, and aren't for a reason. But there doesn't seem to be any jews in the game, haha I was gonna make a joke but I don't wanna stereotype, anyways I'm not a fan of racism/religious intolerance, but if someone made a game about killing/stereotyping mexicans specifically It wouldn't bother me(I'm mexican american, also part part indian) a video game is just that, real life is another story(although stereotyping irl wouldnt bother me).
P.S. Offtopic: fact the first jews were from africa!

Blizzard

It might not offend you, but it would offend a lot of other people.

ForeverZer0

An Auschwitz Simulator is not just random violence, it is racism of the highest degree, and not "random" at all, so I think that is a very poor example.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

So torturing people is ok as long as it's not racist?

R.A.V.S.O

Feels like a psychotic overview metal slug game, which btw love how it seems to play out (gameplay-wise).

I mean sure the trailer gives you a protagonist with imo a rather weak motive,(and seems like a badly written fanfic character)
but then again this IS a videogame, no plot? no problem!

I'm pretty sure whoever buys this won't do it for the plot at all, I mean
if you're going isometric with what seems to be a run and gun styled game you might as well drop all the plot
and go all rambo on it.

as disturbing as it might be to some, people might see it as "wowm this is edgy as hell" all I see is "Heavy Machine Gun!!" (and hopefully "Rocket Lawnchair!")
I'll not go over the implications I'd rather just go for the high score, then again the biggest threat the game's having atm is that
once we hear all the dialogue clips just like metal slug it won't live long due to lack of replay value (like many other shooters)
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2014, 09:43:19 am
So torturing people is ok as long as it's not racist?

Yes, exactly. Now you are getting it.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

A video from RTU I agree with.

Subscribing again.

Zexion

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume that we all "like" and/or accept the violence in GTA? If that's the argument the other side is making, they'd have to be sure that everyone was fine with violence in other games. Just because no one is making a "big deal" about it, doesn't mean that everyone is fine with it. GTA had it's own share of controversy back in the day. It's died down though as it's pretty much been the same shet in every game, senseless unrealistic rampage.  This trailer takes it to a whole new level and it's really not hard to see why someone would be offended.

ForeverZer0

Who's ready for a pedophile game? You play an ice cream man trying to lure children into your van, all while not alerting the parents and the police.

Spaceman McConaughey

October 28, 2014, 12:35:01 am #37 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:44:57 am by Sgt. Tuggernuts
Quote from: Zexion on October 28, 2014, 12:20:53 am
Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume that we all "like" and/or accept the violence in GTA? If that's the argument the other side is making, they'd have to be sure that everyone was fine with violence in other games. Just because no one is making a "big deal" about it, doesn't mean that everyone is fine with it. GTA had it's own share of controversy back in the day. It's died down though as it's pretty much been the same shet in every game, senseless unrealistic rampage.  This trailer takes it to a whole new level and it's really not hard to see why someone would be offended.

Sorry, but the majority of the gaming community accepts GTA for what it is, and has for a little while now.

And yeah, like I said, I see why people get offended.
I just find it incredibly ridiculous, and that's just my opinion.

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on October 28, 2014, 12:24:23 am
Who's ready for a pedophile game? You play an ice cream man trying to lure children into your van, all while not alerting the parents and the police.

Bing It On™

EDIT:
Just to make my point a bit more clear:
When something is already so established and accepted in gaming, you can't shit on one game for doing the same damn thing, albeit just a bit different (by that I mean the sadistic speech in the trailer). Despite that small difference, it is the same thing. And no, I'm not talking about any of you in particular, I'm talking about everyone in general. The outrage from blobs of SJWs.

"Journalists" who praise GTA are attacking this game, and the staggering amount of hypocrisy behind it all is hi-lar-ious.

Blizzard

It's not hipocrisy if one game simply goes beyond your boundaries.

@F0: Yeah, this game would be offensive, because of its context and what it's depicting.

Spaceman McConaughey

What about that game done in a humorous tone?

The rampant pedo jokes on CP would make it seem it'd not get on the nerves of most of you.