Rakenzarn Tales [testers wanted]

Started by Dark_Kyu09, July 02, 2011, 01:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Kyu09

July 02, 2011, 01:24:29 pm Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:36:15 pm by Dark_Kyu09
Guys, I really need help.

You see, I'm making a fan-game based on several popular franchises for the RPG Maker XP engine. This is called Rakenzarn Tales.

----
The story involves a boy named Kyuu Renjo (From Detective School Q) who stumbles on a mysterious storybook that sends him to the book's world where every fictional characters from the real world are real. Such as game characters (Sonic, Mario, Solid Snake), anime characters (Goku, Ichigo, Haruhi Suzumiya), and cartoon characters (Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck). Kyuu, since he's from the real world, is able to recognized these characters and befriended with them.

At first, Kyuu enjoys his stay in this world but he soon begins to feel it's wrong to live in a 'fantasy world'. Not only that, he discovers this world is cursed by a mysterious plague that it slowly killing Rakenzarn. After giving some thoughts, he decides to find return home and thinks that by restoring this world, he might be able to go home. And so, he sets out on a journey to purify Rakenzarn with the aid of the characters he befriended. However, he is completely unaware of the book's dark history and his connection within, which may endanger his very own existence.
----

The game will feature:
- basic rpg with turn-based battle system
- 9 Original Characters from different authors
- a few 'guest stars' that will also appear in the game
- contain a 'dating system' with one of the girls from different franchises that can change the story's course
- contain multiple pathways and decisions that have different outcomes, rewards, and consenquences
- has numerous sidequests with different story arcs that are known as Side Stories
- Hero Alignment
[Chaotic] -- [Neutral] -- [Lawful]
Depending on your answers to certain questions and your actions, Kyuu's personality will change and his interactions with certain characters will be different.

-
Sorry, I have to take out the old screenshots because of the game has been re-written, so everything in the previous screenshots are changed radically.
-

I need people who can help me with the game to make the character sprites. In return, you may add your own sidequests/Side Stories for certain characters and add your own 'penultimate boss' before the 'true final' boss.

If you're interested with this game project, please reply.

For more information on the game, check my wikia website on this link:
http://rknztales.wikia.com/wiki/Rakenzarn_Tales_Wiki

Thanks.

P.S.
Take a look at the game's credits for scripts and the people who made them.
Never give up your dreams, keep moving on until you make it happen.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Seems cool, but, I don't do much spriting.. I can do mapping and other graphics though. As to a little more information:

Is the game commercial or personal (are you making money from it?), and, are you offering pay for those who help?

And not to be mean, but, I looked through, and you have yet to write in the intro board...?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Dark_Kyu09

July 05, 2011, 06:43:46 am #3 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:51:06 am by Dark_Kyu09
First of all, this is a free game, so I'm not making it for money. Sorry, but I just need spriters who can make some sprites for me. As I said above, I'll be willing to let anyone to add a "Side Story" and create the 'penultimate boss.'

Dark_Kyu09

Guys, I'm back. I haven't got any words from you yet and I really need some spriters, I can't continue this project without spriters. The current sprites that I really need are:

- Kazumi Asakura (Negima)
- Lilith (Darkstalkers)
- Etna (Disgaea)

sgtkle

May 09, 2012, 04:17:57 pm #5 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:24:54 pm by sgtkle
Not sure if you are still working on this, but I've made a lilith sprite before for a different project that you can use.  Also made a nanael sprite, that i saw you needed on a different post.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Feel free to use them, just give me credit.

Andreavnn

G_G

Quote from: Andreavnn on May 11, 2012, 02:37:43 am
Nerco post  :facepalm:

Sure it was a necro post, but it was completely relevant to the topic. Plus, the creator of the topic was last active April 26th, 2012, which was only a couple of weeks ago. So it's completely fine, thus leaving your facepalm completely out of place.

Dark_Kyu09

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around for a long time. A lot of things happen lately and my laptop's hard driv unexpectedly crashed, which results with most of my files including my game vanish.

Because of the development problem, I had to rewrite the entire game. As a result, most of the story elements of Rakenzarn have changed but the main story remains the same.

I manage to finish the prologue. If you like, you can test the game out and taste what's in the game. You can download it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaegktlyppy66dk/Rakenzarn%20Tales.zip?m

You need to install an RPG Maker XP to play it.

Again, I'm very sorry for being so late. Hopefully, I can finish the full game.

Dark_Kyu09

Quote from: sgtkle on May 09, 2012, 04:17:57 pm
Not sure if you are still working on this, but I've made a lilith sprite before for a different project that you can use.  Also made a nanael sprite, that i saw you needed on a different post.

Feel free to use them, just give me credit.

Thank you very much  :D
I really appreciate it, I do!

Dark_Kyu09

Hello, everyone. I hope you're all doing fine  :)

First of all, I'd like to thank the people who made such wonderful scripts for the RPG Maker XP, you guys are great. I've been working so hard to make this game real and not written on paper.

Anyway, I hope you like the game's prologue. I'm currently working on the next version of the game.
I just want to give a quick update here.

The game's version 1.0 is going smoothly and it's almost finished. All it needs is a re-design on Kyuu's sprite. Version 1.0 will be released in September 15 and if I haven't got the new sprite for Kyuu by September 7, I'll use the old sprite instead.

Anyway, I'll give you some a few sneak peeks on the game.

Quick sypnosis on Chapter 1:
Kyuu will meet familiar characters in a certain guild hoping that one of them might know something about the book. Little does he know, his faithful encounter with Kite, Dark Magician Girl, and 5 other characters will result in a new adventure.

As I said before, Version 1.0 will feature an extended prologue. Sadly, I manage to make one chapter due to technical difficulties. As a result, there are only 5 new party members who will appear. Despite that, I've already planned many characters from different series. If you talk to some of the civilians across Densel Town, they'll give you some clues that hint a certain character's appearance. For example, one citizen will explain to you about a man who suffers a freak accident, which results his body become an unstable living electrical capacitate. Can you guess which character is the citizen talking about? A hint: it's from a comic book series.

Here's a few more screenshots if you want to look at it.

"A clown dressed up like a pirate"
This is another hint of a character's appearance in the future.

Advanced Shop Status Window created by RPG Advocate
Cleaned, optimized and re-documented by Fantasist

Discover surprising relationships between the characters.

Version 1.0 will take place mainly at Densel Town. The next version will be much bigger as players will explore the entire Cyril Region fighting enemies, discover mysteries, and importantly, find a way to dispel the plague to return home.

Well, that's all I can tell you about Version 1.0.
Hope you like it.

Dark_Kyu09

September 14, 2012, 12:27:01 pm #11 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:34:18 am by Dark_Kyu09
Well, today's the day!
Version 1.0 is finally here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wc7j0tc8r00g30/Rakenzarn%20Tales%201.0.zip?m

It may be short, but it's longer than the prologue, it's just a taste of what's coming in the next longer version.

Hope you have fun :)

Special thanks to Alex Cannon for letting me use two of his songs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlexJamesCannon
Check out him out, he's a very good composer.

Dark_Kyu09

So everyone, what do you think with the game so far?
Care to give me thoughts, reviews, and ideas for the game?

G_G

This topic is in the "Project Recruitment" section. Go make a separate topic for the project in the New Projects section. Your project will get a bit more attention.

Dark_Kyu09

Quote from: gameus on September 22, 2012, 07:53:40 am
This topic is in the "Project Recruitment" section. Go make a separate topic for the project in the New Projects section. Your project will get a bit more attention.

Thanks, I will do it right away. I owe you.

Dark_Kyu09

Hello, everyone. I hope you're doing well.

First of all, I'd like to thank to the ones who tested out my game.

Anyway, I need some help here, some scripters and artists. I am making progress with the game's story, but I need some scripts to continue.

You see, the first script I need is something that switches an actor's battle pictures whenever something happens to him or her during the battle gameplay. The pictures are mostly their faces with facial expression:
- normal: their primary battle pic when in full health/good condition
- hurt: this is for a few seconds whenever the actor gets damaged by enemy attacks
- fatigue: when the actor's HP is dangerously low
- KO'd: when the actor is knocked out.

As I said, the battle pics need to be shot of their faces. Think of it something from Tales of Vesperia.
The actor pictures I currently need are:
- Kyuu
- Kite
- Dark Magician Girl
- Sakura
- Kanata
- Nina
- Noel
- Kanon
- Luigi
- Donald
- Daffy
- Sonic

Importantly, the script must be compatible with Blizzard's 'Easy LvlUp Notifier'
For anyone who can draw their pictures and script, please help out.

Dark_Kyu09

Good news!
I found the script I've been looking for!
Now all I need is the artists. Please, if any of you is a good artist, please help me out with the actors' pictures.

Dark_Kyu09

Hello, everyone.

I'm currently looking for people who would like to test out my game. It's not exactly version 1.1, think of it as a Closed Beta. I finally finished Chapter 2 but I need to know if the game has improved, especially the exploration part.

If you're interested testing my game, I'd be very appreciated. Just send me a Private Message and I'll send you the game.