Twb6543

May 15, 2011, 12:09:14 pm Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:04:39 pm by Twb6543
Skill Script
Authors: Twb6543
Version: 1.4B
Type: Skill Script Core
Key Term: Misc Add-on

Introduction

// Really don't have the time just going to be released now full of errors... Skill Script Simple is on the way, a smaller more bug free attempt at this script...//
Check out Skill Script Simple here
// Error Fixed - Download Demo from Saturday Hopefully//
// THIS SCRIPT IS NOT FINISHED COMPLETELY due to planned updates//
// You must add the 3 lines (well one but the other 2 are useful)
specified in the Documentation section of the Script //

QuoteCreative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ )

You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the authors moral rights.

This script is currently 1.0A as most features are finished and only a few small changes are needed to bring this into being fully complete... A few plugins as such are planned see Author Notes for more details.

This script was written to support the creation of a popular MMORPG into RMVX and also support game projects that wish to have a customisable skill system in RMVX. This script is a starting base and core for skill scripts, you can use it to create a skill system like certain MMORPG's but it's main purpose is to allow the easy creation of skills for non-scripters.

The script has taken 6 attempts to write across 2 platforms (RMXP and RMVX) and 1.5 year, this attempt was started on the 12th May 2011 and finished on the 14th May 2011 with about 4 to 5 hours per day. The reason for so many attempts is due to this project mainly being a side on and that Minecraft and Avairy had/still have a big impact on my time (both are quite recent distractions for me but rather than go into a list these two are just the most recent examples).

Features

• Easy to use Skill Creation

• Add, Subtract, Divide, Multiply, Set, Randomise, Power to, Root Xp / Level / Temporary Level

• Lock and Unlock a Skill

• Check to see if the Xp, Level or Temporary Level is higher than a number

• Use Quick Xp | Level | Temporary Level for repetitive amounts

• Use different Xp Tables for any skill

• Place caps on the maximum Level and Xp

• And a few other features

Screenshots

Currently their are no need for screenshots due to this script having no visual effect currently.

Demo
Demo should be uploaded Saturday

Demo is located HERE
Or by DropBox HERE

Script

Get the script from the demo (due to the script being in parts).
Insert the scripts in this order above the main in the materials section:
(Script sections that are required have a * next to their name.)

- Skill Script - Twb6543 *
- Documentation
- Skill Set and Checks *
- Add and Sub
- Multi and Div
- Set and Random
- Power and Root
- Lock and Unlock
- Check Xp, Level and Temp
- Quick Xp
- Quick Level
- Quick Temp

Instructions

Look at the Documentation Script Section included with the demo.

Compatibility

None Known Currently:

Credits and Thanks

• Twb6543

No others to speak off for this script
Wait a moment, I know who I can thank...

• Blizzard(Scorpion) for Chaos-Project.net

• Enterbrain for RMVX (and the other titles in the RM series)...

Author's Notes

Planned Plugins:
- Combat Skills
- Window and Visual Effects (in the far future)
- Items and Enemy Skills
- Skill Effects

This script is not complete and requires a few tweaks.

To-Do List:
o Add values to Xp Table // Done
o Finish off Documentation // 90% finished
o Complete the Demo // Nearly Done
If you put a million monkeys at a million keyboards, one of them will eventually write a Java program.
The rest of them will write Perl programs.

ForeverZer0

When I try to run the demo:

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Twb6543

May 15, 2011, 12:39:44 pm #2 Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:47:58 pm by Twb6543
Sorry about that. I'll have a look...

Edit:
Try redownloading now, (Forgot to put 2 = (were 1) signs in 3 places in that section by accident).
There is no real content to the demo at the moment only the scripts, I'll try and finish the actual demo tomorrow some time.
If you put a million monkeys at a million keyboards, one of them will eventually write a Java program.

ForeverZer0

Sounds good.
Make sure you bump the thread once you get everything finished.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Twb6543

May 15, 2011, 12:54:24 pm #4 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:22:11 pm by Twb6543
Will do... :D

EDIT:
Current problems in script as of 1.0C that are known
- Won't pick up SetSkill in class,
- Needs to be activated in $Title Screen

EDIT:
- Repaired pick up error...
WILL BE UPLOADED AGAIN SOON

Twb6543

May 16, 2011, 12:34:48 pm #5 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:47:11 pm by Twb6543
New Version - Upload complete - Drop Box Mirror Added

Twb6543

Any one who actual uses this or has a look at this script got any preference on what plugin/update that comes first (choose from the plugin list above or make up your own)?

Eternal

This looks interesting, and pretty advanced too, so I haven't taken a thorough look at the full capabilities (yet).
Still, it looks pretty cool, from what I understand so far.

I hope you will focus on making the script function perfectly before adding all the visual stuff. We can always add that with pictures in common events and animations ;).

So, try to focus on making it work both in and out of combat for the player first, and then look into making it work for enemy skills.

Twb6543

June 03, 2011, 05:09:34 am #8 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:06:24 am by Twb6543
Currently in the process of making a Simple version with less functions for a base, if I can get that to work 100% then I'll start adding other functions (such as the divide and multiply,etc), For the enemy skills I all-ready have an Idea on how to get it to work (using a note tag reader). But yes mainly I'm focussed on getting the simple version done, it might take a while because I just had to reinstall RMVX due to some corrupted files in it's core.

Check out Skill Script Simple here