[Request]un-interactive battle cut-scenes...

Started by Calintz, January 27, 2008, 09:59:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Would somebody post a TUT explaining how to make battle cutscenes where the players don't do anything...Like the one used in the intro of Chaos project.

Nortos

go to troops in event system and than you just mix around the the condition switches like turn 0 and you do force acttion on third page of event commands you can get lots of things like I have a boss who after every 2nd turn he uses a skill to get rid of blind

Calintz

Fantasist

It was cool, wasn't it? I didn't do extensive research but made a small cut-scene mocking a friend of mine, we loled so much.

In status effects config, in the 'Restrictions' list, there's "Auto-attack Enemies". I just made a new status, named 'Normal' (dummy name) and set that attribute. If you want dialogs, it's all in configuring battle events (in monster groups tab).
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

wait didn';t you know about it yet FTS? Or did you mean when first found out about it?

Blizzard

You can't trigger autobattle in the first round, that's why you need to disallow any action by the player. You simply set everybody to attack all and then override it with forced actions in a troop event.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

QuoteOr did you mean when first found out about it?

Yup ^_^
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

So you mean I have to disable enemy encounters and then use "enemy appearance" and "force action"??

Blizzard

No, you have to use a state with "always attack enemies" for the first round. The battle then goes on as you simply set it up as you like it with "Force Action".

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Alright I got ya...
>> Just checked out the state options...So, that would be the option to choose if I wanted to add Beserk in my game, wouldn't it??

Blizzard

Exactly. You can remove it after the battle, though.

Calintz

Nortos

I have berserk in my game it adds a damage percentage as well so it's good to use on allies sometimes and also good to use on enemys if they use mainly magic

Calintz