[ARC][XP]Chaotic Fury - Requiem of Sanity (2012 Demo Underway!)

Started by GAX, January 07, 2008, 11:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Alright, it's on its way actually, just need to write the events for three maps.  I'm gonna recycle some stuff from the OLD Chaotic Fury demo that had Sephiroth to finish this one up, but this isn't my XtRA edition, this is gonna be Chaotic Fury demo v. 2.3.0, the XtRA will take a while because I haven't made the new monsters yet, for lack of resources in some cases.

It's still gonna be good, and you'll get to use a Chaos Drive atleast once.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Fantasist

Cool :)
You asked for animal stuff, right? Check this site out:
http://animal.x0.com/

The pics could be too realistic, but they are still quite good. There's a copyright at the very bottom, and I think you can't use them if your game goes commercial.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

GAX

Too realistic, it'll clash with the tons of graphics I already have.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Nortos

you could edit in PS to give a digital look

GAX

I don't have photo shop, that's the thing...I know how to do some crazy stuff with photoshop, but I don't have it.

Nortos

ah k, that sort of makes getting resources lot harder :(

GAX

Work work work work work

That's what I've been doing on this game for like, a good few days and it's looking pretty nice.  Now, here are things that are NOT in this demo...

A lot of the stuff I promissed is being saved for the XtRA demo, becuase that will have the rewritten database.  Dont' be expecting random battles, weapon shops, item shops (I'll give you some items in the beginning, don't worry), custom skills, etc.

There also may be some seriously noticability between how maps are done, you'll be able to tell which maps are new and which ones are old merely because of style.

I really want to get this thing out, but if making a game was easy...everyone would make one and no one would play any of them.

Rune

From what I've seen at the first post, there are only two things I can see that are wrong.

1) Your mapping looks too empty, especially in that indoor map.
2) Rune's battler looks strange around the edges, you should look at getting that sorted.

I shall download tomorrow, as I am rather tired at the moment and plan to get some rest soon. Looking good so far ;)
Signature.

GAX

Those screens are actually from the first demo.  I'm working with the maps now, but the Town of Den is not on my priority list at the moment, I need to finish up Lythian Harbor first and event some more stuff before I even think about redoing Den.

And Rune's battler has been replaced for now.

GAX

Burned out, finished the last event, just needs some fine tuning and it'll be ready.  Although warning, it kinda sucks because of the absence of random battles.  I'm not exactly in the mood for working on CF right now, but I'll try and force out a demo for everyone.   If anyone wants to help out, just say something because I could really use some mappers or anyone who's good with setting up events, because I'm completely burned right now and my passion is kinda drowned because I can't get much gaming in aside form some online stuff.

Fantasist

I can't help you, but know that this is among the games I'm checking on frequently. I hope you finish the demo properly :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Valcos

Hey, im going to play the demo now  :haha:! Ill tell you what i think :P
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

GAX

August 02, 2008, 03:25:28 pm #72 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:21:09 pm by GuardianAngelX72
The demo posted is heavily glitched and needs reworking.  I highly suggest you just play through from the beginning of the old demo.  I'm working on redoing the Credits scene right now and I should have a demo ready.

UPDATE:  I just finished up the credits and a scene.  After I can get the editted Battler of LegacyBlade for Rune, I'll complete the fine tuning and release the demo. d(^.^)b

Punn

Este juego chupa muy mala, la cartografía es feo..  simplemente basura

GAX

Have the balls to say your criticisms in english please.

And I know the mapping sucks, I've been reworking a ton of maps, the Town of Den and the Southern Areas aren't on my priority list right now though.  My priorities right now are the northern areas, specifically finishing some fairly large maps, an ice mountain with a dungeon, and a large city comparable to Luvia.

Punn

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on August 03, 2008, 05:00:29 pm
Have the balls to say your criticisms in english please.

And I know the mapping sucks, I've been reworking a ton of maps, the Town of Den and the Southern Areas aren't on my priority list right now though.  My priorities right now are the northern areas, specifically finishing some fairly large maps, an ice mountain with a dungeon, and a large city comparable to Luvia.

Weird enough that you understand some of it. Good job.

GAX

FUCK YEAH, OMFG, WHERE'S THE SEAKING, FUCK YEAH!!!

CHAOTIC FURY v. 2.3.0 DEMO COMPLETED, I WILL CLEAN OUT THE UNUSED MUSIC WHEN I WAKE UP AND I'LL COMPRESS IT AND LOAD THE DEMO UP THEN!

FUCK YES, I FINALLY PULLED IT OFF!!!

Blizzard

You should edit the topic title then. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Don't forget to use the Resource Tester to reduce the filesize. My connection is not really... convenient, so I'd appreciate a small download size :)

GAX

Demo uploaded and re-uploaded due to a graphics error, enjoy!