Your Life Here

Started by Blizzard, May 24, 2013, 03:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

August 04, 2013, 06:36:05 pm #40 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:48:14 pm by Spoofus
Dunno if anyone noticed the shout box or not the other day but I quit my job and I really did like my job it didn't take much and I rarely had to deal with people expect for what had happened that screwed this over.
I worked at a hotel as the front desk manager (I did get to boss people around and all that) it was a good job being paid at
$16.50 an hour and I would typically work 60-75 hour weeks needless to say the pay was worth it.

So here is what happened, around noon the other day these guys come in and started to ask about a room prices, I could hear them in the back and after a few
moments one of them started asking the girl working the desk out (she was good looking I admit but I never tried anything
with her where she was  younger than me) well she kept turning him down and he kept getting forceful about it, and actually went behind
counter and she called out for me and when I stepped out you could tell these guys were drunk.I told the guy to get back on the other
side of the counter and he just kept going for her while telling me off and threatening me, which didn't work.
He managed to grab the girl by the arm and tried to kiss her, so I grabbed him and pull him back to the other side of the counter
and tossed him to the floor and told the two of them to leave now or the cops will be involved.The guy that I tossed his
buddy thought that it would be a good idea to pick up one of those trash can/ashtray things you see everywhere and try to hit me with
it, so I kicked him in the side of the knee and I admit too that I was trying to break it, but they left afterwards.
around 3 pm when I usually leave for home the guys come back with cops in tow, and tried to get me arrested for "assaulting"
them.I told the cops what had happened, and the girl even told them what they tried to do to her and I stopped them.
after an hour of them arguing it, I showed the cops the security video which shown everything the girl and I just told them.
So the cops put those guys in cuffs and took them away.

I was going in at my usual time, and the hotel owner is sitting there, and told me that he needed a word with me.
Apparently the guys that got arrested where related to him and were here on vacation. SO the owner told me that he does not need a
person that works for him beating his family senseless he said, So I just told him you know what that's fine the authorities have
a copy of the video that showed what went down, and I done with your bullshit and said that I quit and just walked out.
I hope the girl followed my example if not I am sure something will happen to her.

I did get a hold of the girl yesterday, and she had quit as well. The owner started to bully her more since I was not there for him to bully.
Maybe I should of or should report him to proper people.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

You did the right thing. Family is not an excuse to be an ass. I hope you can find a new job soon.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

For my 21st birthday, I went out kart racing with my family again, this time with a couple of friends who never did it before. Thankfully we got the track all to ourselves this time. Definitely felt much better at it this time around--I managed to hit the top lap time of the week (27.1 seconds, previous being 27.6). Went out and ate burgers (always my tradition--gotta have my favorite food) and had a couple drinks. Still felt a little nauseated so no bar hopping. :P Instead, I just went to hang out at my friend's house for the night, played few games of pool, learned beer pong, and sat in the jacuzzi. Spent the night over there but didn't get much sleep. Practically spent today just lazing about and taking it easy. T'was fun--not too extreme but not too minimal.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

WhiteRose

August 22, 2013, 01:07:03 am #43 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:22:31 pm by WhiteRose
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, KK20. :) I've never been kart racing, but I'll have to try it sometime; it sounds like fun!

EDIT 2:Disregard edit 1; I don't need to fill up the forum with my QQing. :P

Zexion

WhiteRose

Quote from: Zexion on August 23, 2013, 05:20:47 pm
What's a QQ lol

I think it's supposed to be crying eyes or something :P So much for my attempt at internet-pop-culture-emoticon-whatever. Back to the drawing board. Haha.

winkio

QQing is more complaining/whining than crying.  It's closer to "being a crybaby".

Well today my advisor revealed her master plan for my PhD to me.  Basically, the goal is to defend my masters thesis in one year, which is half the time that it normally takes, and then defend my PhD dissertation three years later, which is normal timing.  I'm completely ready for the first year sprint, and it will definitely be worth it to get my PhD at 24.

Blizzard

August 24, 2013, 05:16:08 am #47 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:22:57 am by Blizzard
Haha, awesome, winkio.

EDIT: There's currently nothing too interesting in my life, at least nothing that I want to share. The company where I work (Cateia Games) will move its office in a week so I won't need 7 minutes to get to work anymore, but will need almost half an hour. It's not that bad though. I was thinking about moving, but ultimately my current apartment is really nice and it would be hard to find something nice in that neighborhood since most buildings there are old and the apartments are crappy.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Let's see... Well, currently I'm a cook as most of you have probably seen through other posts, but, I'm pissed the hell off at the company I work for. They haven't authorized me to train into other positions, to get more hours, and because I can't work Sunday and Monday (I have my daughter those days), they have cut all of my hours except Friday when delivery comes in. My store manager is looking at jobs out in Oklahoma as well, as she too is fed up with the company, and is about to quit herself. So, I'm on the hunt for a replacement job =/

Other than that, not a whole lot going on with me.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Came back home from my Laughlin trip today, about 6 hours ago. Did some jet-skiing on the river, gambled a bit (lost $30 I think, but still enjoyed it), and drank a few drinks yesterday. No internet access so I'm catching up on news--like ForeverZ0mbie returning :V:

Other Projects

Blizzard

I just realized an hour ago that the backup of my university stuff including everything I made during university is gone. I must've accidentally deleted it at some point from my external HDD. Maybe it was when I set up GoodSync to backup my stuff.

I tried undelete software, but all the recovered RAR and ZIP files were damaged apparently and no program could fix them. And now I am sad.

winkio

Quote from: DigitalSoul on August 24, 2013, 10:01:32 am
Let's see... Well, currently I'm a cook as most of you have probably seen through other posts, but, I'm pissed the hell off at the company I work for. They haven't authorized me to train into other positions, to get more hours, and because I can't work Sunday and Monday (I have my daughter those days), they have cut all of my hours except Friday when delivery comes in. My store manager is looking at jobs out in Oklahoma as well, as she too is fed up with the company, and is about to quit herself. So, I'm on the hunt for a replacement job =/

I swear the amount of hierarchy-based fuckups I hear about in the job market is higher than the number of slacker-employee stories.  Self-managed employees might be more efficient at this point in time.

Quote from: KK20 on August 25, 2013, 10:21:59 pm
Came back home from my Laughlin trip today, about 6 hours ago. Did some jet-skiing on the river, gambled a bit (lost $30 I think, but still enjoyed it), and drank a few drinks yesterday. No internet access so I'm catching up on news--like ForeverZ0mbie returning :V:

What sort of gambling did you do?  I grew up playing a lot of fairly high level poker with my older brothers and their friends, and love the bad beat / perfect play stories that come out of these sessions.  If it's just slots or roulette, that's cool too.

Quote from: Blizzard on August 26, 2013, 05:22:41 pm
I just realized an hour ago that the backup of my university stuff including everything I made during university is gone. I must've accidentally deleted it at some point from my external HDD. Maybe it was when I set up GoodSync to backup my stuff.

I tried undelete software, but all the recovered RAR and ZIP files were damaged apparently and no program could fix them. And now I am sad.

Yeah, that would suck.  I should really start backing up all of the stuff I've made in the past four years...

So I was sitting in my bed last night, playing video games and eating starburst, which happen to be my favorite candy.  With classes starting the next day, I was fully prepared, and just enjoying the free time I had instead of worrying about what was coming up the next day.  That feeling felt soooooooooooo good.  It's like guilt-free procrastination.  Instead of worrying about something and trying to escape it with distraction, I was just acknowledging the reality of the situation, and trusting myself to handle everything.

Zexion

Quote from: winkio on August 26, 2013, 05:39:01 pm
So I was sitting in my bed last night, playing video games and eating starburst, which happen to be my favorite candy.  With classes starting the next day, I was fully prepared, and just enjoying the free time I had instead of worrying about what was coming up the next day.  That feeling felt soooooooooooo good.  It's like guilt-free procrastination.  Instead of worrying about something and trying to escape it with distraction, I was just acknowledging the reality of the situation, and trusting myself to handle everything.

Omg, I did the exact same thing, and I know what you mean. I'm a huge procrastinator and often get stressed out when I really don't need to be, so I play games. It felt amazing to actually be able to do that last night and not feel bad the next day lol.

Fun fact, I had to spell check the word "felt" spelled it as "fealt"

WhiteRose

I know exactly what you mean. My new semester is starting next week, and one of my big goals for this semester is to keep a meticulous schedule - including generous time for homework and reading - so that I can schedule down time without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else.

KK20

What sort of gambling did you do?  I grew up playing a lot of fairly high level poker with my older brothers and their friends, and love the bad beat / perfect play stories that come out of these sessions.  If it's just slots or roulette, that's cool too.

Most of my time was spent playing video poker (Joker Poker and Deuces Wild specifically). Did a few slot machines, my first one actually bringing me up $20 over what I started with (after like 10 spins), but steadily lost that over time. Since I don't find throwing hundred dollar bills fun (unlike my dad who lost $50 in a matter of a minute), I didn't do anything particularly exciting. :P

Side note, I got carded almost 10 times. Not surprised--I'll be carded until I'm 50.

Other Projects

Blizzard

Lol, I was procrastinating this entire weekend and I feel no shame, because that's what I wanted to do.

G_G

Okay, so I think it's time to explain my absence. Shit, a few weeks ago, I think, can't remember the exact date, but I took a trip to Denver with Brittany, my girlfriend, and Priscilla, who was supposedly "my friend" too. For starters, Brittany and I were reaching a point where we started arguing a lot, over stupid things, over things that didn't happen/weren't important, and over things that actually were important. Things just kept coming up and caused us to fight.

This trip to Denver was supposed to have been a fun, relaxing trip, which I was hoping it would relieve stress and emotions from the both of us. It didn't whatsoever, not for me anyways. Not once, did Brittany nor Priscilla consider my feelings on this entire trip. The entire drive to Denver, I had to force myself into their conversations just to talk, but even then, they'd change the subject and completely ignore me. The only time they really spoke to me on our way there, was to ask if I wanted food. At first I thought, ya know, this is just how girls act, they didn't mean any harm. So I ignored it so I could have fun.

The next day we went to Elitch Gardens, a theme park, and they would both constantly leave me behind and go on rides without me. And like the drive, they kept me out of their conversations other than asking if I could take pictures for them. Most of the rides I went on, I went on by myself. This just keeps going on and on. We went to a mall afterwards, where again, they just left me. Except this time, they actually left the mall to go to a store across the street. They didn't tell me and they kept ignoring my calls and texts. Ended up walking back to the hotel which took a couple of hours. And here's what really pisses me off, they finally call back an hour after I had already gotten back to the hotel wondering where I was at. At this point I blew up at them, hung up, and went to bed, hoping our next day at Water World would be better.

Nope. Same thing as Elitches, ignored me, left me, yada yada. I was starting to feel sick, I think I ate something bad, and when the finally decided to check up on me after I was sitting alone for half an hour, Brittany asked if I was feeling okay. I said no, and she replied "Well, here are the car keys, if you want you can rest in the car until you feel better, we're gonna go down more slides." So yeah, that really did it. I was pissed. I went to the car and slept for the next 5 hours and waited for them. We drove back home that night, and again, they didn't say a single word to me. We got home that night after Priscilla dropped us off, and Brittany and I got into a huge fight over the trip. And she denied everything that happened and said that she was trying to include me on things. A bunch of bullshit like that. To me, it felt like she stopped considering my feelings and how I might feel about things she does. I don't want to be with someone like that where I'm the only one giving towards the relationship. These events and our fight made me actually think about breaking up with her. The only downside to that is, she'd have to go back to her parents house. And still having feelings for her I didn't want. A few days went by and we argued more and I kept trying to talk to her about this.

Then finally, Brittany came to me and told me why she'd been acting the way she has. She feels I was no longer attracted to her. For these two reasons: Our sex slowed down to maybe once a week and that I don't kiss her in public very often. And my reaction to that, you have got to be fucking kidding me. You put me through this much stress over the amount of sex and kissing we do? That doesn't define attraction. My attraction towards you is your attitude, your behavior, your qwerky actions, and the way you treat me. So that night, it seemed we had finally patched things up.

At this point, I had already talked to Branden and Cameron about this whole situation and I've been lurking on Skype and CP for a while. But then this happens, I end up talking to a couple female co-workers at our job (one of them being my cousing, the other being in her thirties) and after work she made a big deal about it. I shouldn't be flirting with others girls at work if she's working the same shift I am. And again, another "what the fuck are you thinking" moment. I tried telling her one of them was my cousing, and the thirty-something year old was already married. I started realizing how much she was like her mom and how she's a pathological liar. But, she hasn't done anything too crazy like her mom yet. Still, at this point, I was worried. I don't want to be with someone like her mom. What really worries me is she turns 21 in January, and once she has access to alcohol, I have no idea what's going to happen. So more stress was put on our relationship, which delayed my return even more. I'd have some free time where she was working and I wasn't, so at that time I'd lurk on CP, talk to a few people on Skype, play some games, and work on getting my website up and running.

Having some free time away from Brittany helped reduce the stress. One day, I sat her down and I told her "We need to fix this right now. I can't stand the way you're acting and treating me, so if this doesn't stop or we don't fix this, we're over. I need you to tell me what the hell is going on." I had to be straight or she wouldn't realize the consequences. She spilled out everything. Talking about her past relationships, her real dad, how her step dad treated her when she was younger (more physically abusive than he is now), and she's worried that her mom might end up being the reason I break up with her. So she thought if she'd distant herself and act accordingly, we'd both just lose feelings and when we finally broke up, it wouldn't hurt so bad. I finally understood. Granted, I don't agree with what she did, but now I can finally start to fix things up with her. The relationship we're in is the longest she's ever been in and she's never been in a marital, committed relationship (we're not married, but we're living together, sharing bills, food, costs, etc... I consider that a marital relationship). She just doesn't quite know how to handle things and thoughts keep popping in her head. After being able to talk it out with her, all of the stress finally left.

I took her out to dinner, to movies, and I bought her a gift to make her feel better. Spent as much time as I could with her, making sure she didn't feel I was gonna leave her. Things were finally patched. Still wasn't quite ready to come back here yet, yeah I felt better, but I was still trying to cope with what happened and I was slightly worried this might happen again and if/when it does, I wanted to be ready for it. But for now, things are good.

I'm young, extremely young and probably shouldn't be in a committed relationship like this. I'd be missing out on a lot of fun things if I end up staying with Brittany for the rest of our lives. But the way I see it, age doesn't matter here. It's more maturity and it's more towards the goals you have in life. The things that has happened in my life has affected me a lot. Depression overcame me a lot. Finding things that made me happy kept me out of my depression. I now look at life as finding the overall things that make you happy. Brittany is one of them. The thought of having a wife, a family, makes me happy and that's what I want. The thought of being a successful video game developer makes me happy. Talking to people on the Internet, who I've never met, makes me happy, because they listen and care, compared to some real people in my life right now.

It's sad that I can't tell this to my dad or my best friends, because they simply won't put effort into helping me other than just saying "break up with her". But there, it's all out now and I feel a lot better. Thank you to anyone who reads this post, and sorry for the rambling and young teenage drama. I know it's crap you really don't want to hear, but it's nice to know that you some of you put up with me just because you care.

TL;DR; Fighting with girlfriend, took trip, fought some more, patched things up, fought some more, patched things up again, things are a-okay now and I'm happy.

PhoenixFire

Well, I have to start off with; I love that you included a tl;dr at the end lolz

I can empathize with you on this one, as I'm in a similar type of relationship, albeit we aren't living together yet (we don't have enough money to do so). I don't really know what else to say, but if you ever want to talk about it, I'm a pretty good listener, and happen to be in the same boat as you so to say.

On another note, I wouldn't consider that to be high school/teenager drama. Honestly I know people older and younger than myself that go through the same type of stuff.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

September 03, 2013, 12:35:26 pm #58 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:40:07 pm by Blizzard
I want to keep this short since I don't want to post another wall of text, lol!

Basically, I, too, would have told you to seriously consider breaking up with her. She's been let down a lot during her life and so she subconsciously expects it from everybody which is what is causing her behavior to shift towards a reaction to being let down which then actually causes people to distance themselves from her and actually let her down, aka self-fulfilling prophecy. In any case, you have to be aware of the fact that a lifelong exposure to her mom rubbed off on her and she's probably going to have some of these bad tendencies/habits her entire life unless she does something about it (maybe 1% of the people go really through with this sort of thing).
Even if things are ok now, you have to be ready to deal with this stuff again in the future, because it is very likely to happen again. If you want to keep up the relationship, that is.

EDIT: Small advice on the side: There is no point in trying to "insert yourself in somebody else's conversation", you can do that much more effectively by giving value by either adding thoughtful opinions (in a serious conversation) or start to amuse yourself with ridiculous statements (in a fun conversation). Instead of joining on their fun, you create your own and contribute it to increase it.
So you not being able to join in on the fun was as much your fault as it was theirs.

winkio

If you want to make the relationship work, just take a look at the actions and reactions of what has happened so far.  When things get bad, it is because you are holding back, 'respecting' her unloving behavior, and allowing her to take on a lot of the responsibility of the relationship.  Both times you patched things up, it was because you confronted her, challenged her, and took some responsibility back.  This is the role that you need to play, at least for the near future, to keep things running smoothly. 

I know that you said that you didn't want to be the only one putting effort into the relationship, but you have to be the one to put in more effort than the other, and you can't expect equal treatment.  Part of the problem is that you have self confidence, you believe in yourself, so you can believe in your partner and expect things to work out equally.  On the other hand, it sounds like she only has confidence in YOU, not in herself, so she needs to depend on you.  This mismatch is why people are telling you to break up.  However, if you acknowledge the mismatch, accept the consequences, and play the necessary role, then it can definitely work out.  And who knows, over time, one or both of your personalities may transform into a better match for the other.