A problem with Sony Vegas

Started by Holyrapid, December 27, 2012, 04:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

Hey, i've been trying to create a intro for my YT videos with Vegas by having a greenscreen animation of a waving Finnish flag over clouds while music plays...
However, it won't render it. Won't give me a reason (i think it says something to the effect that the reason couldn't be determined). It's about fifteen seconds long, which makes me think, is there a minimum length for videos that Vegas will render. I wouldn't think so, since i know people who have shorter intros than that. I think Skydoesminecraft, Antvenom and Caveman films have intros under ten seconds...
Oh, and i'm using Pro 11.0... If that helps...

Holyrapid

Bump? Still haven't resolved this problem

Ryex

well, what exactly do you mean it wont render. what happens that makes you think it hasn't rendered?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Holyrapid

It gives an error and the file isn't created...

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Holyrapid

It doesn't give a proper error code or anything, just unknown reason... :/
If i had an error code, i would have began to google it...

Ryex

I dont care if it gives an error code, what is the exact text string it gives you as the error. or is the message box blank?

Holyrapid

January 08, 2013, 01:22:13 pm #7 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:23:15 pm by Holyrapid
Like i said, unknown error...

Ryex

do you have quick time installed?

Holyrapid

Ryex

January 09, 2013, 11:38:57 am #10 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:48:52 am by Ryex
yes, if you want to make sure that mp4 support is working you should have quick time

EDIT:
also I google searched this error text and on the first 3 items there were videos of how to fix this, as well as forum threads on the problem

http://goo.gl/CFFRo

Holyrapid

Well, i did what the first video showed, which is to render using CPU only.
Didn't need to install Quicktime...

Ryex

let the lesson be learned, no matter how vague the error text it is still important.

Holyrapid

Ok... Now i have a new problem... I tried to make my self a new intro... When looking at it in vegas, it seems just about fine.
But when i rendered it, the picture doesn't move...