Galenia Dreams (Gameplay and Story Revamped)

Started by Xalas, May 31, 2008, 09:54:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Xalas

May 31, 2008, 09:54:00 am Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:52:35 pm by Xalas
Galenia: Dreams of Al dias

Author Notes:

I am back again and I just want to say that the project is going fine and a total revamp of the story is underway. New features will be added to Demo 2.0 such as a forging system and much more. We are still in the recruiting process of scripters, Mappers, and spritters so if you are interested feel free to contact me.

Galenia: Dreams of Al dias Story

Intro

What are dream's? Could a human being live without them? Or could our dream's be the central element of what makes us human? I am trapped in a world that is considered a dream but somewhat a reality. I feel pain, love, suffering, and commitment from others in this dream. But I wonder if I will ever wake up someday.

Background Story

Long ago, in a world called Al dais lived a Supernatural being known as the Oracle of Dreams. She protects and purifies the dreams from the nightmares that shroud the hearts of the innocent. Al dais is a world that uses the dreams as a source of energy called Aura the life stream which allows the planet to survive. If an imbalance between nightmares and dreams were to occur, Al dais would fade from existence. The Great Oracle knew it would be too much for her to handle alone, so she had selected seven chosen individuals and granted them with the ability to travel the dream world to aid her in dream purification.  The Oracle couldn't entrust anyone with this power so she had chosen people who had a pure of heart and handed them seven Medallions known as the Elements of Dreams, which acts as a symbol of her power given to the seven individuals.

The Oracle of Dreams have referred to them as the Guardian's of Dreams and for many years the balance between nightmares and dreams were adjoined perfectly. Until one of the seven Guardian's of Dreams became plagued with the heart of greed and wanted more power to even be able to challenge the Oracle herself. His name was Malecai, and he sought out to destroy the other six Guardians in order to retrieve the other Medallions to become a being capable of becoming more powerful than the Oracle. Malecai had manage to kill five of the Guardians but there was one left who continued to stand and fight, his name was Alen Grayfield.  Malecai having the other five medallions at his disposal, he transformed into a Demonic being known as the Aura Beast.

Alen couldn't defeat Malecai for he was outmatched by his power. In a desperate attempt to save Al dais the Oracle of Dreams had used herself as piercing edge for Alen to use as a weapon to defeat Malecai. Al dais was saved at the cost of the Oracles life but the last words she left to the world "Children you must continue to maintain the balance of our world for that I am no longer here to protect you from the nightmares that drains the Aura from the planets life stream. Every500 years, chosen individuals with a pure of heart must carry the dreams of the people to the seven Temples of Al dias that I left behind as a vessel to continue the balancing cycle of our world."

500 years has passed and the Journey of Dreams has begun......

Main Characters

Roland Grayfield
Birthplace: Argus Town 
Bio: Roland is a young man gifted with the ability to travel the world of Dreams.  He lives with his grandfather Norman Grayfield, Mayor of Argus Town who has been taking care of him since the death of his mother and father.  Roland is now of age to receive his family treasure known as the Element of Dreams, which has been passed down through generation to generation that his grandfather been holding for his 21st birthday.  Growing up, Yunie and Ryuko who are childhood friends of Roland and are important allies in his Journey of Dreams.

Yunie Cohen
Bio: Yunie was born and raised as a White AuraCaster to protect the Dream Holder on his or her journey.  She lives with her older sister Clara who is always protective over her, and wishes the best for her when she began her journey of Dreams.  Yunie has a strong bond with Roland and Ryuko who are both her childhood friends but the relationship she has with Roland has been deeply entwined with one another that Ryuko can't seem to understand.

Marabeth Gesinberg
Birthplace: Sumi Village
Bio:  Marabeth is the daughter of the Great Hibachi of Sumi Village.  Her Samurai skills are recognized by many invaders who come to steal the dreams from her village.  Marabeth is not much of a social person and hardly smiles to be polite.  She is well informed with current events of Al dais and is very critical of other people actions.  She is the first woman of her family who wants to receive the mark of the Shaman which is a sacred mark past through many generations of the Hibachi family. She tries to make her father recognize her as an equal of the family and realizes that it will take many trials and dedication to gain approval from him

Leon Attin
Birthplace: Port Richmond
Bio: Leon Attin is a Dream Stealer who is in debt to a small group of thieves called Fox Bandits. His Father was a member of this Organization but was killed during an important Smuggling mission which cost the Fox Bandits an extreme price which couldn't be paid in full. Leon was entitled to work off his father's debt to gain his freedom.

Von Dagen
Birthplace: Degen Village
Bio:  Von was once a Dream Guardian of his village until one day an army of Dream Wraiths attack Degen village.  Von held off the enemy as long as he could but Khan, leader of the Wraith attack had the Dream Holder in his grasp.  The Dream Holder was Von's engaged fiancĂ©, she was killed and the dream orb was taken away from the village.  Since then Von became a Dream Hunter to track down his village Dream Orb his FiancĂ© once possessed. Von has a heart of Justice and vengeance, hoping someday he will kill Khan for the sacrifices he had to make in order to save his people.

Zhia Kless
Birthplace: Selisia Kingdom
Bio: Zhia is the Dream Forger of the Selisia Kingdom and cousin of Von Dagen.  Her Dream Forging abilities are the best throughout the continent of Nelm.  Zhia is a thrill seeker who constantly stays in mischief and her attitude is different compared to an average dream forger.  People of Selisia Kingdom can't stand her because of her silly behavior.   

Ryuko Sangi
Bio: Ryuko is master of Dark Aura Magic and also a childhood friend of Yunie Cohen.  The villagers respect him because he protected the village from an army of dream wraiths numerous times.  His arrogance is what holds him back from being a high councilor of Argus Town.  Ryuko protects Yunie with his heart and ends up having a love interest in her but Yunie fails to realize that.  Yunie older sister has a hidden crush on Ryuko but she doesn't want to interfere with his love interest in her younger sister.  He also feels as though he should be the savior of Al dais and Roland.

Archie Newman
Birthplace: Mountain Village of Percia
Bio: Archie is a craftsman of Percia Mountain Village.  His little sister Anna is the Dream Holder and also councilor of the village.  His family weaponry is the famous Elven bow; his skills cannot be outmatched by any marksman of Al dais.  Archie is a confident young man who would someday craft the ancient weapon of his family.  His little sister looks up to her older brother even though she is a powerful young woman who runs the village.

Screen Shots

Interested?

If anyone is interested in jumping on board I will be more than happy to welcome anyone who has skill in mapping, scripting, and Spriting. I am hoping to add voice acting to it, so if anyone is interested in doing some voice acting for this project that would be a plus and thank you don't forget to leave some feedback ^_^

Recruitment List

2 Scripters
2 Mappers
2 Spriters
1 Artist
Voice actors

So far I am the only one working on this project alone I am an ok Mapper not to good of a spriter but story writing is my special point. \

Demo - http://www.sendspace.com/file/xv4rtd

Lost_Hope

oh ya I can do mapping part time too

Xalas

My demo is finally up check it out!

Lost_Hope

please note

<only two of those screen shots are in the demo>

LOL!

Blizzard

OK, I separated all the info from your two posts and moved this topic into the main section. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Andy

Wow that looks great! *downloads*

Where did you get that World Map? That's really cool too  ;D

Xalas

Quote from: Andy on June 09, 2008, 12:55:47 pm

Ripped it from a particular game and chopped it up into a tileset and it was hard because I had to make sure it was divided evenly so I can luckily say I mad my first Tileset lol.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Xalas on June 11, 2008, 08:57:22 am

Ripped it from a particular game and chopped it up into a tileset and it was hard because I had to make sure it was divided evenly so I can luckily say I mad my first Tileset lol.
I understand the difficulty of doing that. It takes so long to rip it in certain rows...and the chance of an error is bound to come up...You did a very good job ripping and converting that monster of an image, heh.

How long is the demo, I'm curious. o,o

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Punn

Xalas

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on June 16, 2008, 01:08:26 pm
Quote from: Xalas on June 11, 2008, 08:57:22 am

I understand the difficulty of doing that. It takes so long to rip it in certain rows...and the chance of an error is bound to come up...You did a very good job ripping and converting that monster of an image, heh.

How long is the demo, I'm curious. o,o

Well I am posting up a new demo which is 30-40min long in a few days so stay tuned.

magic2345

Wow, this is awesome. The mapping looks great!
Does it have any special features? Like forging or something?
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

KultzRDC

whoa, lookit all that eye candy. I seen those character artworks somewhere b4, (like ) can't remember where. but dang that space amount its HUGE! dling it right now, hopefully itll live up to its space. lol

can't wait to play it :D only problem is like some minor punctuations on a screenshot, tho I guess its fine the other way around too. just looking at the screenies is interesting me, but the space is huge...if the final game is even bigger u may have to chop it up in parts. lol

Xalas

Quote from: KultzRDC on June 20, 2008, 08:16:09 pm
whoa, lookit all that eye candy. I seen those character artworks somewhere b4, (like ) can't remember where. but dang that space amount its HUGE! dling it right now, hopefully itll live up to its space. lol

can't wait to play it :D only problem is like some minor punctuations on a screenshot, tho I guess its fine the other way around too. just looking at the screenies is interesting me, but the space is huge...if the final game is even bigger u may have to chop it up in parts. lol

Thanks a lot I am posting a new demo up in a few ok! Yes there is a forging system that will be implemented in a later demo.

Xalas

Quote from: Xalas on June 24, 2008, 06:57:45 pm
Quote from: KultzRDC on June 20, 2008, 08:16:09 pm

Thanks a lot I am posting a new demo up in a few ok! Yes there is a forging system that will be implemented in a later demo.

New demo is ready for download!

KultzRDC

hi! i managed to play the demo. didn't get the latest version, the one already took 4ever to dl. @_@

4 something that big of a space, i thought it would be long. but it's quite short...wonder what takes up all that space. *Looks in project* Oh. the audio. lol man, that's hefty...not every single music file was even used for the demo...:\

The mapping wasn't bad, it was quite good though i couldnt open this one treasure chest in the first map. it was facing up, and it was at a deadend where you go south. sthe victory music scared the helloutta lol. XD

loved that voice actin'. i mean the voice thingie in the battle. don't have much else to say since the demo was short. ??? but good job! ^^

Calintz

Xalas

Quote from: KultzRDC on June 24, 2008, 10:29:27 pm
hi! i managed to play the demo. didn't get the latest version, the one already took 4ever to dl. @_@

4 something that big of a space, i thought it would be long. but it's quite short...wonder what takes up all that space. *Looks in project* Oh. the audio. lol man, that's hefty...not every single music file was even used for the demo...:\

The mapping wasn't bad, it was quite good though i couldnt open this one treasure chest in the first map. it was facing up, and it was at a deadend where you go south. sthe victory music scared the helloutta lol. XD

loved that voice actin'. i mean the voice thingie in the battle. don't have much else to say since the demo was short. ??? but good job! ^^

It was short because it was the wrong version I posted up the original is 30min long and its big because of the Mp3 's I know but I am trying to figure out how to protect my project so that no one can edit it or look into it.

KultzRDC

Quote from: Xalas on June 25, 2008, 11:08:14 am

4 something that big of a space, i thought it would be long. but it's quite short...wonder what takes up all that space. *Looks in project* Oh. the audio. lol man, that's hefty...not every single music file was even used for the demo...:

It was short because it was the wrong version I posted up the original is 30min long and its big because of the Mp3 's I know but I am trying to figure out how to protect my project so that no one can edit it or look into it.
still figuring out? I did this b4 on rmxp, but I don't think it works 4 audio. on the distrubute game disk option in rmxp there's a check box that says Encrypt game. tick that, and u should be good. :)

Lost_Hope

yay! I was wondering too because I dont wanna distribite my game and then have someone change a few minor things and say that they are the ones who did it

Xalas

Quote from: KultzRDC on June 25, 2008, 01:42:22 pm
Quote from: Xalas on June 25, 2008, 11:08:14 am

4 something that big of a space, i thought it would be long. but it's quite short...wonder what takes up all that space. *Looks in project* Oh. the audio. lol man, that's hefty...not every single music file was even used for the demo...:

still figuring out? I did this b4 on rmxp, but I don't think it works 4 audio. on the distrubute game disk option in rmxp there's a check box that says Encrypt game. tick that, and u should be good. :)

I did that but the only thing that appears is audio there isn't any startup Icon that allows you to play my game I am so lost.