Blizzard

May 09, 2008, 12:24:45 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:25:11 am by Blizzard
Creation System
Authors: Blizzard
Version: 1.6
Type: In-game Weapon/Armor/Item Creation System
Key Term: Misc System

Introduction

This script allows you to create completely original Weapons, Armors and Items during the game. It is easy to set up, easy to use and has a very large number of possiblities.

This work is licensed under BSD License 2.0:
QuoteCopyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1.  Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2.  Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3.  Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
    without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

You may use this script for both non-commercial and commercial products without limitations as long as you fulfill the conditions presented by the above license. The "complete" way to give credit is to include the license somewhere in your product (e.g. in the credits screen), but a "simple" way is also acceptable. The "simple" way to give credit is as follows:
QuoteCreation System licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Alternatively, if your font doesn't support diacritic characters, you may use this variant:
QuoteCreation System licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikic

In general other similar variants are allowed as long as it is clear who the creator is (e.g. "Creation System created by Blizzard" is acceptable). But if possible, prefer to use one of the two variants listed above.

Features

• create weapons, armors and items from scratch within the game
  • fully operational scenes for creation
  • special skills, normal attributes and material used determine the quality and attributes of created weapons, armors and items
v1.0b
  • added option for armors that allows changing the armor type
  • fixed crash bug that appeared when trying to set an Auto-State, but there is none available and the material menu wasn't entered yet
  • fixed crash bug with "set_stats"
  • now beta
v1.3b
  • fixed bug where created armors couldn't be equipped
  • fixed bug where attribute limit wouldn't apply
  • now it is possible to use armors and weapons as materials as well
  • improved coding
v1.31b
  • fixed bug where it wasn't possible to switch to the target animation selection window
v1.4b
  • fixed bug when trying to change the item hit rate
  • fixed bug where several item attributes wouldn't be limited
v1.5b
  • fixed bugs regarding level limitations and attribute appliance
v1.6
  • added new license
  • added usage and crediting instructions

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

Creation System

Script

Just make a new script above main and paste this code into it.
Script Download

Instructions

Inside the script in the first comment.

Compatibility

90% compatible with SDK 1.x. 80% compatible with SDK 2.x. WILL corrupt your old savegames. Can cause incompatibilty issues with following scripts:
  • weapon/armor level systems
  • ordinary crafting systems
  • custom targeting systems
  • exotic equipment systems

Credits and Thanks

• Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Author's Notes

Please read the instructions, they contain important information.

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com

That's it! N-Joy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

diablosbud

Hey this is the coolest script I have ever seen! Good job Blizzard this is sick. I was toying around with the demo testing this script and I caught an error. It happens on the item creation when I go to extras/variance and hit back (ESC). Here is the error: "Script ' (*) Creation System' line 2202: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'set stats' for #<RPG::Item:0x3396358>". I hope you can fix this and I definitaly am using this in my game as special rewards and such for hard quests.

shdwlink1993

HOLY ****, THIS IS INCREDIBLE! :o :o :o :o :o

I- This thing lets you make a completely new item!!! This is amazing! I get lightheaded just thinking about it! It's an item generator! How sweet is this? Awesome! :D
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

diablosbud

Someone should make a skill version of this that would be soooo, sweet!

Blizzard

May 12, 2008, 02:55:51 am #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:58:31 am by Blizzard
@diablosbud: I know, Zeriab already reported that. I also forgot to add that you can define the armor type under "Extras" in the armor screen. I might put a skill plugin up somewhere later or actually integrate it into this script. Now you can all go and copy Morrowind and Oblivion with their creation systems. :3

@shdwlink1993: I know. :P I took a day off last weekend (the one 7 days ago) to finally finish this script. It took a day and it was only the last 20%, maybe 30% of the script. This script took a lot of time to make. No wonder it has more than 2000 lines of code, that's almost as much as my CMS.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Caro Ru Lushe

All i all, I love it, Easier for me to no worry about making 100x of weapons for each characters =p

Blizzard

As I already said, Zeriab reported that bug to me. I didn't fix it before I put up this version because I didn't add the armor type selection as well, but wanted to put it up ASAP.

Zeriab

What's this?
You ask for bug reports and when you get them you complain?
Instead you should fix them and be nice :x

That being said thanks for sharing this nice system <3

Punn

Jahjah, dont drop the bomb please.. :(

Anyways this is a good script. I'll play with it later :P

Blizzard

May 24, 2008, 08:16:52 am #9 Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:33:50 am by Blizzard
No, no, no! I'm not complaining, I'm just asking for patience until I have time to fix this. :)

EDIT: Ok, I was writing yesterday a part of my diploma thesis and at one moment I needed a serious break. So I took off half an hour to relax with RMXP scripts and fixed the bugs in this one. xD I updated it to 1.0b. It should work fine now.

Punn

I'll play with it later...  :-X

Fantasist

You always amaze me Bliz :o Heck, I wish I could check this out right now. Heck, I will someday. Good job man :thumbsup:
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Ace

What am I doing wrong? For some reason, when I make weapons, they end up with 0 attack. What stat of the crafting items influences the attack stat of the weapon made?

Or did I not do something correctly with the script's database?

Starrodkirby86

July 18, 2008, 10:46:56 am #13 Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:08:33 am by Starrodkirby86
None of the ingredients within the demo have an attack modifier. By what I mean attack modifier I mean a Physical Attack. You would need an item that modifies the P.ATK or P.DEF in order to have something added on. I don't know specifically how to edit that in items, as the only area I can find P.ATK would be within weapons...This is the dumbest solution ever, forgive me.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering here. I tried every parameter and stat for items, and now you would have to go for weapons if it were to work (In other words, I can't find anything that influences Attack OR P.DEF). I would use my forged weapons if only they had attack (I enabled Recursive Use, FYI). Now I'm curious, can you enable weapons and armors to be forged back into something stronger? I only see items in the script. I'm sure it can be added, just that you would need to tread through very dark alleys...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ace

Hmm... I can't find out how to use weapons for creation materials.

I used the script in my little game, and made my own ingredients.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Ace on July 18, 2008, 11:09:18 am
Hmm... I can't find out how to use weapons for creation materials.
Likewise.

I would assume the following code would find from which array to use:
  def self.cs_materials(item)
    return item.quality if RECURSIVE_USE && item.id >= 1000
    id = item.id
    factor = case id

But simply replacing item with "weapon" or "weapons" is failure. There probably are more database array configuration codes than just this one. Either that, or I'm using the wrong term.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

I actually haven't enabled weapons and armors to be used as materials. O_o Are you sure that nothing can affect ATK and PDEF? If yes, I'll fix that soon, maybe even today.

Ace

July 19, 2008, 09:44:31 pm #17 Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:12:53 pm by Ace
I haven't checked with the PDEF, for I have not tried making armor. I was just tinkering around with the weapon creation. I'll try it out now, but due to me having to uninstall Ubuntu , a Linux build, and format my second HDD, It may take a while for my 256 RAM comp to process firefox, RMXP, and fdisk.

tldr: Comp r slo.

EDIT: Nope. Set all item stats to 100, and all that was affected was the cost.

Starrodkirby86

Blizz's creation system is derived from very simple factors. Basically, whatever stats that can be used will be used for the final weapon. So if you use an item that increases the strength parameter for example, then your masterpiece will have that strength up. So 5 Strength Seeds would be 25 Strength towards your weapon. Unfortunately, strength does not determine the overall strength of your weapon so it ends up as a failure anyway. Items that heal or whatnot do nothing. The only affect is the cost raises. Items that are used as elements and whatnot will be the element/effect for the weapon unless it is conflicted or the item in the script is not considered an elemental changer.

Just stating the obvious, thanks Blizz. :)

(When I say weapon I also mean armor/item)

Punn

I like this, but I hate how ANY item can be used and ANY weapon, or item can be made, I thought you can add something like giving a weapon or equipment an element, or upgrading the equipment..

Meh.. this is nice either way, this gave me an idea for a game that will never be released..