Started by tSwitch, February 02, 2009, 09:55:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

Prove to me that you exist.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Fantasist

Depends on how you define "exists".

Anyway, this post should prove to you that I exist.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

tSwitch

Quote from: Fantasist on February 02, 2009, 09:59:20 am
Depends on how you define "exists".

Anyway, this post should prove to you that I exist.

unfortunately, it does not.
it lacks vital information that proves to me that you, in fact, exist.

Blizzard

Observe my effect on anything connected to you. Your observation will show that I affect my environment even if it's in a very small manner. That observation proves my existence.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on February 02, 2009, 10:21:34 am
Observe my effect on anything connected to you. Your observation will show that I affect my environment even if it's in a very small manner. That observation proves my existence.

unfortunately, no it does not.
an illusion can appear to affect the environment, yet an illusion does not exist.

Blizzard

An illusion can exist in your head. Just because it doesn't exist outside, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact an illusion can't not exist. An illusion is at worst case electrical currents in your and at best case a halucination or optical illusion. Just because it's not what it seems, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just not what it seems.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on February 02, 2009, 10:26:41 am
An illusion can exist in your head. Just because it doesn't exist outside, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact an illusion can't not exist. An illusion is at worst case electrical currents in your and at best case a halucination or optical illusion. Just because it's not what it seems, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just not what it seems.

an illusion, by its very nature, doesn't truly exist, just as a mirage.
In fact, I could be alone inside an illusionary world, and all of you could simply be facets of the illusion.

Blizzard

February 02, 2009, 10:57:06 am #7 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:00:07 am by Blizzard
As I said in IRC, I am taking my leave from this topic. xD

legacyblade

These topics give me a headache x_x

There, the fact that I have a headache proves that I exist. Ok, so I can never prove I'm not a dream (and all the ladies would disagree if you said I'm not a dream :V). But seriously, why do people even wonder if they, or others exist. As far as our ability to prove goes, we exist. If we don't exist, well one day you're going to wake up to find what reality truly is, but as long as you're in this dream why not accept that it is, for all intents and purposes, reality, and spend time pondering more useful things, like what your going to eat. (that's more useful than pondering whether or not you exist :P).

Besides, blizzard is a god, he has to exist :P

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 02, 2009, 09:55:45 am
All right, I'll be at your house tomorrow, how does that sound?

I can't prove I'm right here because you're just going to have paranoia no matter what. Man, why can't you be trusting? :=:
Unless I can get photos or a camera or something, but regardless, your paranoia will kick in...and it's just going to be useless arguments. >_>;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

tSwitch

February 02, 2009, 11:52:42 am #10 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:54:40 am by NAMKCOR
Quote from: legacyblade on February 02, 2009, 11:43:19 am
But seriously, why do people even wonder if they, or others exist.

for fun

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 02, 2009, 11:48:50 am
Quote from: NAMKCOR on February 02, 2009, 09:55:45 am
All right, I'll be at your house tomorrow, how does that sound?

I can't prove I'm right here because you're just going to have paranoia no matter what. Man, why can't you be trusting? :=:
Unless I can get photos or a camera or something, but regardless, your paranoia will kick in...and it's just going to be useless arguments. >_>;

you can show up wherever you want and do whatever you want, however it still won't prove to me that you exist.

Blizzard

What if he hits you with a stick hurts you? *has lied with the leaving := *

G_G

I'm real! I have two pictures posted in Post a picture of yourself thread. I can post more too!

Hellfire Dragon

What if those 2 pictures are extremely well made photoshopped images? :o

Questions, questions, questions... there's so many that have no answer...

I'd say it'd be hard to prove we exist... I'll think about it and get back to you on that (if you exist :P ) ;)

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: game_guy on February 02, 2009, 05:49:13 pm
I'm real! I have two pictures posted in Post a picture of yourself thread. I can post more too!
I can counter argue and say how can you literally prove that you're him? You might have gotten some random guy's Myspace picture.

Seriously, I can say I was this fellow and would you believe me? Maybe.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Point being, you can just get any image and say that's you. The only thing we can do to believe is with trust or knowing the person in real life, which means the easiest way of proof is really, "seeing is believing", unfortunately.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

fugibo

NAMK, this is a silly question. When you say "you" without defining it, it automatically refers to your perception of me. Therefore, if you are reading this, the word "you" refers to the sentience that originated this message (at least, I think it does) and therefore, it is inevitable that *"you" exists.

Why? Because even if this reality is just your dream, then you wrote this, and you exist. If it's my dream, I wrote this, and I exist.

If noone exists to dream this, then we are the null. We are still a sentience, even if there is no sentience.

winkio

To make my point:

Prove to yourself that I don't exist.

If neither of us can make a solid proof, then this question is null and void.

fugibo

winkio is a bot. Done.

G_G

I can make a video and upload it on youtube. What now bitches! I CAN SAY ITS GAME GUY OFF OF CHAOS PROJECT WHAT NOW!

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: game_guy on February 02, 2009, 07:01:23 pm
I can make a video and upload it on youtube. What now bitches! I CAN SAY ITS GAME GUY OFF OF CHAOS PROJECT WHAT NOW!
I can easily say that's just your friend, or someone else doing that. You ever heard of signs on Gaia Online? Well, it's something similar. You can just tell your Internet friend to say, "This is game_guy from Chaos Project," and upload it as a video. It's just some paranoia thing I have that makes everything go what if here and there.

This argument is pointless, but fun. :D