King of Booze

Started by Blizzard, December 09, 2012, 08:20:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

December 09, 2012, 08:20:10 am Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:53:44 pm by Blizzard

Platform: Windows, Android, iOS
Category: Casual, Drinking, Social, Board
Number of Players: 2 - 14

Available on:
Steam
Android
iOS

TRAILER

For innocent souls and fun seekers it's a drinking game, for competitive people it's a strategic board game.

King of Booze is a drinking board game that offers players choices, something that's never been emphasized in a drinking game.

Who will you choose to drink? Do you want to get on someone's ''bad side''? Will you get naked or wasted? Should you show off your singing, dancing, parkour powers or just keep to yourself and drink

These are only some of the many options we came up with. Since we know we will never be as creative as the people of internet we created an option for you to edit and add your own random fields and we are letting YOU decide the ''price'' in drinks for choosing not to do the challenge.

Your hard work will never be in vain because our HALL OF FAME keeps track of your drinks, challenges, BAC and laps.

But since drinking can be dangerous we also implemented an alcotest. Once you set it up our system keeps track of your BAC making sure you're informed about your state and warned in case you ''overdo it''. Because we don't only want you to have fun, but make sure you're safe.

Please drink responsibly.

Visit our website: http://day-games.com
Like/Hate us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DayGames
Like/Hate the game on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/king.of.the.booze
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

December 09, 2012, 11:10:01 am #1 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:50:43 pm by Blizzard
I have added a download link for the Windows version.

EDIT: I also added a trailer video.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Blizzard

December 09, 2012, 04:07:33 pm #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:09:38 pm by Blizzard
My friend Teo did the graphics.

BTW, have you checked out the credits yet? I just couldn't help myself. <3 I actually added that last minute.

G_G

Hey Blizzard, when you get the chance, could you add support for moving the app to SD card? My phone doesn't have a whole lot of internal memory and 30MB is a lot.

Blizzard

I know, but that's a problem in itself. I can split the game's binaries from the game's data files, but then I would need to implement additional (nasty) code that downloads the data files. ._.

G_G

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/install-location.html

I thought it was as simple as defining an attribute? Is there more to it than what that web page says?

Blizzard

There are 3 storages: internal, external and SD-card. And they aren't sometimes interpreted the same way. e.g. You can't install stuff on the sdcard, but apparently you can on the external memory. And sometimes, one some devices the SD-card IS the external memory. It's confusing.

Either way, I'll add it. Though it doesn't work on Android 2.1 or earlier.

QuoteBeginning with API Level 8

Blizzard

*legit double post* *gets thrown in prison anyway*

Check out this crazy review! http://www.bitterwallet.com/king-of-booze-challenges-you-to-rule-your-alcoholism

QuoteThe game, which encourages you to get absolutely shitfaced

I laughed so hard when I read that.

Blizzard

I'm bumping this topic a little bit in order to announce v1.2. The newest changes include Spanish localization (with German and Italian already added in previous versions) and even 2 new unlockable characters to pick. How to unlock them? Easy. On Android the "Lord Boro" character can be unlocked if you rate the game on Google Play (technically you only have to open the link the in the game, you don't actually have to rate it) while on PC the character is available right away. The other character, "FB Girl", is unlocked if you like our page on Facebook (which you yet again don't really have to do, you just have to open the link in order for the character to be unlocked).

Blizzard

King of Booze has now over 3000 downloads. We have also released v1.2.1 which fixes a bug with custom Android keyboards as well as Android 4.1+ keyboards. It also includes 3 new localizations (Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian).

Zexion

I have this on my new laptop and my phone still lol. Even though I don't drink XD

Blizzard

King of Booze reaches 20000 downloads on Google Play alone! Thank you, everybody, for your support! Our goal is to make those lips of yours form a smile and keep at it. Thank you for helping us make your life better and more fun! We'll do our best in the future to ensure it stays that way.

Also, you can now enjoy the music-free, but storage capacity-friendly version of King of Booze on your devices. We would also be grateful if you could rate it. We'll love you for it... Forever!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.android.lite

G_G

May 28, 2013, 09:58:54 pm #13 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:00:31 pm by gameus
Awesome job Blizzard. I love how you made this LITE version after I switched phones. xD I recently switch to a Galaxy S3 with 16GB internal storage. But nonetheless, amazing job on this. Feel especially proud with all the 5-star ratings, you deserved it!

Spoofus

I convinced a friend of mine to get this, on his android.
We are gonna make a day of it this upcoming Sunday I will post the results of how the game went.
(hilarity will ensue)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Feel free to post videos/photos on our Facebook page. <3

Spoofus

I'll post them here, some may not be suitable for the facebook goers.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Check out this spanish video how real men play King of Booze! Seriously, these guys can drink A LOT. Kudos to your throats and our condolences to your livers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odnKvxTIih4

Blizzard

September 18, 2013, 04:11:21 pm #18 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:14:20 pm by Blizzard
I have 3 great news.

1. KOB has reached over 50,000 downloads on Google Play! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daygames.kingofbooze.android

2. KOB iOS? Fuck yes!

Spoiler: ShowHide

3. Planets. *points at the picture above* But they will be available for iOS exclusively for now.

G_G

waaaaaaaaaaaat whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy