[XP] Stat Distribution System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:18:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blademan

Quote from: Blizzard on July 28, 2010, 04:39:36 pm
It has scaling, though, it's not based on ranges but fixed values for each stat.

Looks like the upload broke up. I reuploaded the demo.

Thanks for the fix, Blizzard.

It looks like the v2.01 script is only in the demo though, and not on the Script Download; that's still at v2.0.

Mimi Chan

Any plans on adding scaling though o.oa

You get certain amount of DP depending on your level range.
And stat requiring certain DP depending on it's value range o.o

ex.
Level 1-4 = 3 DP
        5-9 = 4 DP

Stat 1-11 = 2 DP
       12-21 = 3 DP

^^;

What's a sig?

Blizzard

Nope.

Quote from: blademan on July 28, 2010, 04:46:32 pm
It looks like the v2.01 script is only in the demo though, and not on the Script Download; that's still at v2.0.

You need to empty the cache in your browser. It is still displaying you the old cached version.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

blademan

Quote from: Blizzard on July 28, 2010, 05:01:56 pm
Nope.

Quote from: blademan on July 28, 2010, 04:46:32 pm

You need to empty the cache in your browser. It is still displaying you the old cached version.

Ah. Well, don't I look stupid.  :^_^':

Thanks again for the update.

monkeydash

Im having a slight problem with this. When I had an event try to change the characters DP I got this message and then the game crashed.

NameErroroccurred while running script.

Uninitialized constant Interpreter ::ID

Blizzard

And it didn't occur to you that you should replace ID with the numeric ID of the actor as it is described in the instructions?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

monkeydash

Oh yeah. That was a dumb mistake.
Should stop watching tv while trying to do things.

Blizzard

Yeah, definitely. Same goes for doing stuff at 2 AM in the morning. xD

Futendra

January 19, 2011, 03:16:15 pm #68 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:25:28 pm by Futendra
I'm using this for my online game using RMX-OS and BABS, I want it to be for 1 actor, so no next character/previous character, how do I make it so?
Also how do I make it save the changes? So if you log off, and back in, you still have the DP used,.

EDIT: Srry for necropost

Blizzard

It's fine because this was a relevant question.

ShadowSaber

February 02, 2011, 07:57:07 am #70 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:03:25 am by ShadowSaber
Excuse me, I want to ask how to configure this so the AUTO CALL only affect one actor (just actor with ID 1) :???:
(the SDS won't appear if any of party member leveled up)

edit: problem solved, please pretend that I never ask that question

elmangakac

Awesome Script!!!

But a question...what name needs the own icon????

Blizzard

Read the instructions. It's one of the configuration options and it's explained there.

OracleGames

March 26, 2011, 08:27:13 pm #73 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:37:47 pm by OracleGames
Hey Blizz, i have been trying to add your script as a menu option replacing the default status window by changing this line in "Scene_Menu":

Spoiler: ShowHide

And worked... However when i select a character (when status window is active) it always returns "0" as a value, so the first character will always appear even when i choose something else and i found the line i wanted here:

What variable between the [] can make this work? I get tons of syntax errors and such when i try to experiment with variables i see in the default system like "$game_party.actors" "@actor_index" and stuff like that

Blizzard

Change it to "Scene_Points.new($scene.class, @status_window.index)".
Then change Scene_Points#initialize to this:

def initialize(classe = $scene.class, index = 0)
    @scene = classe
    @actor_index = index
  end

And finally where you put the ??????, just put @actor_index.

OracleGames

March 27, 2011, 04:08:30 pm #75 Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:10:55 pm by OracleGames
The Scene menu now looks like:

And the Scene_Points looks like:

But it still takes me to the number 0 position, and when i try to exit back to menu i get this error:

Is there a way to return the @actor_index value from another script? ie: Menu, or where is it processed? im so lost =O

Blizzard

I didn't say "Scene_Points.new([$scene.class, @status_window.index])", I said "Scene_Points.new($scene.class, @status_window.index)".

PhoenixFire

I shall be using this script, and I'll put credit to you in it... It sounds pretty awesome so far
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

cheos

is there any way 2 turn off the default stat growth and use this to increase the stats instead of a stat boost
[Insert Mind Blowing Signature]

Blizzard