The Storyline Service. Worldbuilding, Plots, Characters & Internal Consistency!

Started by Vell, January 07, 2008, 07:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

is that so? O:
does that inspire you in any way?  :o
Spoiler: ShowHide

shalaren was a young man at the time, he spends countless years in the human army fighting demons, throughout his years he learned magic from magicians all over the world. It was a war that never ended between the humans and the demons. Magicians gave up because they did not have a seal strong enough to hold the demons, and that's when the Sagittars showed up, they were able to fight the demons but only for a while, the number of the demons is just getting bigger, they weren't strong enough, none was, there were too many demons taking over. And that's when one of the ancient magicians tells shalaren that there is a spell that can keep demons at bay but comes at a price, the price is death. That's why no magician ever used it yet. Shalaren looking at the metropolis being destroyed and decides to offer his life to enable the spell, when he dies, the spell allows his power to spread over the city, and that's when the city was named after his name. All the Shalarenians gained special Strength that will allow them to fight all the rest of the demons. But the spell's limit is that it only keeps larger demons away but smaller demons are able to penetrate the spell's shield, the only way to summon the larger demons is by using dark magic, but with Shalaren's death, dark magic became the forbidden magic, and anyone who uses that magic will pay with their life. The reason that the shalarenians pay with their life for crimes is because they are destroying what shalaren died to protect, thus killing them is an act of respect.
Shalaren Metropolis now exists to protect humans from the demons and keep the secrets of the underworld hidden from the rest of the world.

everything is as usual in Shalaren Metropolis, until one day one of the Shalarenians was killed by a dark figure that used a dark spell that lets him gain every man's power that he kills, and with that it also gives him the abillity to control a certain demon.
a Shalarenian who searched for that dark figure for months, has finally found him, he cought him while killing another Innocent man, and finally saw the dark figure's face, the Shalarenian ran quickly to the curch to tell his friend the priest everything he knows and took off to warn all the rest of the Shalarenians, once he got out of the church, the dark figure has been waiting for him outside, and killed him.
The main character if the story is Kathel Areaon, the prince of Shalaren Metropolis, who was sent by his father Remus Areaon the king of Shalaren Metropolis to a quest of finding that dark figure, and killing it.

Vell

...Oh skies above. My contact info is in the first post - contact me.

Pharoah

I'd like to contribute my abilities as well, although, mine are not story, background, history, character design, or item design. I'm an event maker, I can generally make any event. Common, parallel, autorun, all I would need to know in advance is how you want the system to function, and I can for the most part do it.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Pharoah on December 15, 2010, 01:09:46 pm
I'd like to contribute my abilities as well, although, mine are not story, background, history, character design, or item design. I'm an event maker, I can generally make any event. Common, parallel, autorun, all I would need to know in advance is how you want the system to function, and I can for the most part do it.

Wrong place to post, mate. This topic is about creating stories. For event making, if you'd like to contribute, sign on as part of a team, or create some tutorials or event systems.

phillip1756

Do you do full plot designs? coz if u do,plz can u help me with my horror game?

Vell

Horror game?

Send me a pm with what you got; I'll see if I can help.

mroedesigns

Would you be able to look at my storyline? I've got the basics stamped out, but I need a second opinion. If so I'll send a PM your way.

Thanks  :haha:

Diokatsu

Quote from: mroedesigns on December 29, 2010, 08:22:37 pm
Would you be able to look at my storyline? I've got the basics stamped out, but I need a second opinion. If so I'll send a PM your way.

Thanks  :haha:

You can send one to me, no problem.

Vell

Futendra

how about checking my story too? it needs alot of work!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 08:07:00 am

Ulta hasn't been around the past couple of days, but I could take a look at it for you if you'd like. Or you could just wait for It to get back, if you'd prefer.

Futendra

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 08, 2011, 05:34:30 pm

Ulta hasn't been around the past couple of days, but I could take a look at it for you if you'd like. Or you could just wait for It to get back, if you'd prefer.
Well you can give it a shot, because i need the story as a base for chapter 2 of my game

WhiteRose

Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 05:58:00 pm

Well you can give it a shot, because i need the story as a base for chapter 2 of my game

Alright. Just PM it to me and I'll take a look at it.

Futendra

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 08, 2011, 06:02:05 pm
Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 05:58:00 pm

Alright. Just PM it to me and I'll take a look at it.
Its in my project topic; I cant pm from my phone, which im using atm

Vell

I usually pop in every few days or so, lately.

So if you want me to look at something, send me a pm, and if a while's passed and I've popped in and not looked at it, you can remind me.

Hatsamu

Well, I'm not sure about how many spanish-speakers wander this forum, but I'm one of them and with good writting skills and really skillful in coming up with ideas or improving already existant ones.

So, if you find it useful, I'm offering help for those spanish-speakers that wouldn't find the way to express their needs nor their ideas in english.

If you need an spanish text introducing myself, just ask for it...!

(If you say "no, thx, there's no need for your services", it will be fine anyway xP)

Repeat

I new here but im not new with the all things about RMXP.
I dont make a new project or game yet becuase i dont have anything about story of the game storyline,background,charters nothing
im will glad if you will help me with this problem Thank you

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Hatsamu on February 04, 2011, 06:05:27 am
Well, I'm not sure about how many spanish-speakers wander this forum, but I'm one of them and with good writting skills and really skillful in coming up with ideas or improving already existant ones.

So, if you find it useful, I'm offering help for those spanish-speakers that wouldn't find the way to express their needs nor their ideas in english.

If you need an spanish text introducing myself, just ask for it...!

(If you say "no, thx, there's no need for your services", it will be fine anyway xP)
Gotta love bilingualism. =3 (Or in Blizzard's case, trilingualism)
Quote from: Repeat on February 04, 2011, 05:40:45 pm
I new here but im not new with the all things about RMXP.
I dont make a new project or game yet becuase i dont have anything about story of the game storyline,background,charters nothing
im will glad if you will help me with this problem Thank you

Hmm... You have to start off with some basic idea you like. Perhaps try thinking about a theme, like, an overall outlying message that's throughout the story. For example, Mother 3's theme was despite all the circumstances, family will always be together. Or something. xD

You can also try thinking of an interesting gameplay element and base a game off of that. Shigeru Miyamoto's been known to think of gameplay ideas first before welding the story and whatnot.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

Contact me on MSN, UltaFlame@hotmail.com

Anyone can, if they need help. My muse's been rather difficult lately, but I'm trying to get her to be nice.

cyclope

Hi I need help in my story. Who can I pm what I have so far for support?
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?