[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

Not in this case. That if block has an else case in which 'text' is not defines, but 'set_text(text, 1)' is called later, which throws a type error with draw_text (can't convert nil to string). 'text' should be defined before that 'if' line.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Also, how much effort will it take to integrate BlizzABS's minimap into tons? I particularly want the that autotile rendering feature instead of just blocks. I'm actually downloading BABS as I speak to try it out.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

You need to take the Minimap class out. You need the part of the Game_Map that creates @virtual_passability, you might need the code for it as well. It should take an hour or less which I lack. -_-

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

And which I have, about 6 times over :woot: I'll be on it then.

Blizzard

Xuroth

here's another idea for an addon to tons:
Icons for the DBS Main Menu Options...[Graphics]

Blizzard

No. It's too custom and incompatible because it would affect all other scripts using the command window.

radha2g

YAY!  :D  :clap:
Im so glad i was able to find you, blizzard.
Thnx, for leaving your website... lucky for me you left it, even if... well... i better not talk about things i dont know

Anyway... I truly love your scripts. They are... most of the time easy to understand and modify to some point.
Gotta see all the new stuff you added to it.

BTW, i know your location... :ninja:
or at leats an old one XD

Keep up the good work!  :up:

radha2g

hey... i was just thinking some ideas to add to your compilation...

1) Elements endow, just like ragnarok
that way your normal attack can gain the property of an element for a limited time or turns

it actually could be cool somehow for a support type character, like a bard or a....magical bard... or a perverted priest perphaps

2) Cover (Cover in FF, Sacrifice in iRo? kRo?)

basically, you take damage for another character...

those are some ideas, hope they are usefull

well, I didnt saw those scripts in there or maybe i miss them, or maybe they are already made...

Blizzard

August 07, 2008, 11:51:51 am #150 Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:57:21 am by Blizzard
Both add-ons will cause complications with CBS-es. So no.

Ryex

could I sagest an add on to an add on?   :)

the equip skills add on.  would it be possible to make it so that if you use the skill that the equipment gives that bothe the skill and the effects of the equipment are disabled (like the equipment was unequipped) for 'x' number of turns and then after 'x' turns or the battle ended the skill and equipment effects are re enabled?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Possible yes, recommended no. Same reason like I described in my post above. There are several equipment systems which mess around with the equipping code and that can cause complications.

Ryex

hmm too bad would have been a nice add on...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

For some reason, the link takes me to blank text files. Is this just my comp?

Blizzard

I know, you're not the only one. Me and a few other are getting a similar error. (-_-') My host is really a bitch. Just try later again, that's all I can say for now. =/

drahc

Suggestion also...

How about visual equipment? is it possible and can it be compatible also to BABS?

Thanks.

legacyblade

Blizz, if you upload a zip of them to megaupload or sendspace, I'll download them and host them on one of my sites. (I have infinite webspace and bandwith on Celenath.com)

Blizzard

Not necessary. My actual problem is my monthly bandwidth. Uploading all my stuff twice each time (once my site, once yours) would eat it away even faster. -_-

@drahc: Would complicated thing imensely. Even if I manage that system, it would lag like hell.

Caro Ru Lushe

:^_^': Is a Counter-Attack script still possible or it's too big?

:uhm: btw, I have a question with the Animated Battlers for the default battlesystem, see as it uses frames, does it uses frames only for standing or you can put also frames to attack, use spell, get hit, etc.?

I was just curious to it.

:x &, will I have to make more copies of the battlers pictures if I use the same sheet for monsters in a different color?

~ Caro Ru Lushe