[C#] Madness: Brotherhood

Started by winkio, October 15, 2009, 12:31:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

October 15, 2009, 12:31:10 am Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:19:39 am by winkio
Spoiler: ShowHide

So that was the pitch sheet for my midterm project for my Intro to Computer Game Creation class.  I'm developing in C# using the XNA libraries so I thought hey, why not post up stuff as I go along?  So yeah, this game will be built entirely by me, a lot of work is going into it, and it will be finished within 5 weeks!  I'll post up the final version for you, but it will be playable with XBOX 360 controllers only.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

This is for school.  It is 40% of my grade in this class.  =/

Blizzard

October 15, 2009, 11:23:02 am #3 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:25:57 am by Blizzard
I meant Dissipate in general. xD I hope you get it done before the deadline. :)
I'm thinking about using CP for my master thesis. I need to talk to my mentor about that first. xD

EDIT: *levels up* Now your energy is 69. :3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I have a plan for finishing Dissipate, but college and social life are much higher priorities.

Blizzard

Of course they do. Same over here.

Spaceman McConaughey

Who's gonna be the final boss? Clown or Jesus? Both maybe? <3

winkio

It's going to be something original in all likeliness, as I'm not using any of the series personalities, just the graphics style.  It will probably end up being a guy with a lot of health with a rocket launcher that fires once per second with sniper backup vs. you.  Or something of that sort.  could even be a gun with an infinite ammo minigun.  I'm working on the tutorial level right now.

Spaceman McConaughey

Hmm... a new twist on Madness. I like. :D

And it wouldn't make sense to have clown as the final boss, I guess. xD

You know what they say, "You don't kill clown, clown kills you!" He'd be, like, impossible to kill. xD

winkio

So I finished the game on time, but since the people who made good games are working on them for the rest of the class, I figured I'd just wait and post the final version in 3 weeks, because it will have more levels, be more fun and more balanced and such.  The multiplayer is where its at, so hopefully you have some friends and multiple XBOX controllers :D.  Single player is also cool though.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

March 01, 2010, 10:38:02 pm #11 Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:01:47 am by winkio
Oh, that's right, I forgot to post in the actual thread.  I was telling somebody a while ago (maybe Branden?) that since I was using XNA's default audio engine, I had to decompress all my mp3 files into WAV files.  The filesize of the game went from 70 MB to around 450 MB.  So I'm not posting it.  If I spent the time, I could fix it, but it's not worth it.  :(

BUT, in other news, I am working on a game that will blow your minds.  I'll definitely post a video up, if not a very large demo, in about a month.  I might even need people to play test.  Anyways,  :lock:

EDIT: While I would like to put the game up for people to play, I don't have the time, and very few people would actually be able to play it.  I'm probably going to delete this thread.