Sprite Sheet Animator

Started by G_G, December 21, 2010, 01:34:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

December 21, 2010, 01:34:57 pm Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:58:50 am by game_guy
Sprite Sheet Animator

Intro

Have a sprite that you want to show off? Well its easy to do that but if its an animated sprite and you want to show off the animation well then that requires some image cropping, a program that turns images into a gif and blah blah blah. Well this handy dandy program takes a sprite sheet and turns each column into an animated sprite.

Features
  • Any amount of columns
  • Any amount of rows
  • Easy editable visible frames for each column
  • Individual or Merged Export Options
  • Progress Bar for Gif Generation (Useful for large images)
  • Easy-To-Navigate Interphase
  • Save and load Image Data for later use

Screenshots

Images of GUI
Spoiler: ShowHide

Example Products of Program
Turns This: ShowHide

Into This: ShowHide

Video

Download

Download (Mediafire)

Instructions

There are some instructions in the download's README file.

Credits

• Ronnie mooney (game_guy) ~ Creator of the program.
  • Dweller ~ Requesting some features in reference to my old sprite animator.
  • Special thanks to creators of NGif.

The Niche

G_G you are awesomeness personified.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

WhiteRose

Dweller

Fantastic, this is a very usefull tool if you work with makers animations. Really great work g_g.
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

G_G

Glad you guys like it. I plan on making a set of tools for sprite sheets. A merger, a seperator, and then include this the animator.

That way it'll help people seperate sheets then place them together into an easier nicer sheet.

Spaceman McConaughey

G_G

Updated video link and download link. Download is now on mediafire which is pretty reliable. One more thing, I got bored so I fully commented the entire thing. Except a few things here and there. I was curious if anyone wanted to check out the source code. Lemme know and I'll upload it and post it to the public.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: game_guy on December 27, 2010, 02:00:49 am
Updated video link and download link. Download is now on mediafire which is pretty reliable. One more thing, I got bored so I fully commented the entire thing. Except a few things here and there. I was curious if anyone wanted to check out the source code. Lemme know and I'll upload it and post it to the public.

I'd be very interested. I recently picked up a few books on XNA and C# and am gonna start getting into that, so a fully commented example would be a perfect.  :D
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

One thing real fast. Not sure if anyones realized it but ProtoLib.dll has been in quite a few of my recent programs and games. Its my library I've coded and still coding to make some of the things I need to do way easier. So if you end up using ProtoLib give credit to me. I will be releasing the library once I think its ready. Some of the methods in there are pretty useful. I have a string to array method, very helpful for converting text data. I have quite a few image methods. And I have binary serialize and deserialize methods for on the fly.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oj4ems (source)

Oh and my coding probably isn't the most efficient so...

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

megaman30796

"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

The Niche

Just thought I'd bump the shit out of this. :ninja:

Seriousl, G_G, you're aware of the fact that it marks any black pixels as transparent, right? It's been mentioned a few times in various places, so I just thought I'd make sure you know.

Translation: Please fix this, I wanna use it!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Try setting the background of the image a pinkish color. Its really not under my control as the person who created the Gif creation library has the control and responsibility of fixing the issue.

G_G

Sorry to major necro, but for those who are interested, I've decided to try and fix the transparency issues with the program. How so? Well, after much needed research, I learned the proper structure of GIF files. Now knowing the structure is half the battle. With the gathered information, I'm going to attempt to create my own GIF reader and writer. If all goes well, I should be able to fix this the image issues I've been having. I'll be sure to post updates and let you know if I fail or succeed.

winkio

Nice, I'll be looking forward to those updates :)

Calintz

didn't even know this was around, but this will be useful. LevelUp++

Aqua

You have columns and rows mixed up... :P

Also, could you add an option to adjust the frame rate (or upload the source again)?

<3

G_G

Hey Aqua. I lost the source code to this awhile ago. You have two options. A) Wait for me to finish my GIF Decoder/Encoder. Which is almost done, just haven't worked on it for a long time or B) Use a .NET reflection program to decompile the source code. I don't believe this program is obfuscated so viewing the source should be pretty easy.

Aqua

I figured it out.

I used ImageMagick to do some weird stuff and created a batch script that lets me drag & drop spritesheets to turn them into gifs :D

G_G

Awesome job Aqua! :3 Haha, I wish you'd pop up onto the forums more often. I miss talking to you. D: