Your Life Here

Started by Blizzard, May 24, 2013, 03:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

December 15, 2013, 08:46:33 pm #100 Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:10:12 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: KK20 on December 15, 2013, 04:59:47 pm
The next thing I hear is one of them saying, "Oh dang, it's a girl!"

Not meaning to laugh at the expense of others, but...

:rofl:

Quote from: Blizzard on December 15, 2013, 04:43:45 pm
Though my main point is that I was playing with a guy today who was really rude. Not only that, he was from Bosnia, a neighbor country of Croatia. I actually have 2 citizenships, both Croatian and Bosnian. So yeah, some people really have no tact.

That's a shame. :( It's awful when people are rude in online games. I played World of Warcraft for a while, and even though I thought it was a fun game overall, the community was so awful that it really soured the experience. It's sad when a experience that could potentially be so much fun is ruined by jerks.

Blizzard

Yeah. Luckily so far in LoL most people are alright. After around 30 matches, I think that this was the first time somebody was being rude. And it was classic Balkan rude, lol.

@KK20: LMAO! xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shek

Quote from: Blizzard on December 16, 2013, 03:01:16 am
Yeah. Luckily so far in LoL most people are alright. After around 30 matches, I think that this was the first time somebody was being rude.

You sure that you're talking about League of Legends here? This game is notorious for having the most awful community.  I have chat completely muted. My team, and the enemy.

Ryex

the reason I got into lol was because I had a group a friends in a skype call that wanted to play with me. I basically only play in ranked or with 3-4 other people I know. it a compleatly different experience when you know you can trust your teammates (to an extent) and are talking to them over raid call or skype.

Any way. it's been a while since I put anything in here.
my last semester was kinda boring but I did actual learn some stuff so I guess It's working out.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Quote from: Shek on December 16, 2013, 12:35:11 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on December 16, 2013, 03:01:16 am
Yeah. Luckily so far in LoL most people are alright. After around 30 matches, I think that this was the first time somebody was being rude.

You sure that you're talking about League of Legends here? This game is notorious for having the most awful community.  I have chat completely muted. My team, and the enemy.

Maybe because I'm relatively new, I haven't seen everything yet.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

one thing I find about LOL's community is that it not near as bad as it's made out to be. but it does respond to your attitude. if you start off the game being respectful and cooperative with your team 90% of the time the respond in kind. the other 10% there is another toxic player ruining the game for everyone, in that case report them.

basically follow these rules of thumb,
  • don't be a dick
  • be a little humble
  • play for the team not yourself

and not only will you win most of your games you'll be much less likely to have a toxic team
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

December 16, 2013, 05:53:52 pm #106 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:03:03 pm by Blizzard
Actually that reflects my experiences pretty well.

EDIT: I also noticed the tooltips during loading mention a few times that players that are abusive, harass, etc. lose more often.

Shek

December 16, 2013, 09:46:36 pm #107 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:48:02 pm by Shek
I never, ever, ever, ever, use chat.

Just carry.

Btw, I play on the U.S. servers, and I'm assuming you play on EU?
That being said, it would be a surreal experience and a priveledge to play LoL with you some time soon Blizz. 

You can see what someone who's devoted 5000+ hours to the game plays like - and then feel sorry for me for all the real life experiences I missed out on :)

Blizzard

LMAO! Yeah, I'm on the EU server, but I have seen some crazy good players already. There was an opponent team once. They were so synced in team fights, it was unreal.
I don't think I've spent 5000 hours picking up girls. xD

Blizzard

Yup, after 70+ matches the assholes are coming out. In 2 out of 3 matches there's a dick around.

Diamond Star

I'm Diamond Star, a member in CP, want to share some of my life with you
even though my life is uneventful, but I feel bad and have big wish to reciprocate talking

with someone.

I'll tell you about my self a little now, This may be long so if you want to read then

welcome, if you don't, I excuse you because you would say it's boring story about a

person have nothing important to tell.
I'm from Syria and live in Damascus the capital of Syria
our family is not rich one, but it's good and we have the real happiness
as you now money cannot make happiness
My childhood was very awesome with my brothers and relatives.
Later I knew NES games and liked it so much especially puzzle games and Dragon Quest

game that occupy a large space in my life.

In Syria we don't have that technology development as yours, and now we, Syrian people,

have a pretty battle with terrorist groups that have come to destroy our country
we owned a computer for about six years, its capacity is good but not hight and I like it

much and know how to utilize its capacity good.
but the problem is internet speed where I have an old internet mode and it,s very slow, but

I know how to utilize it and get benefit as possible as I can.
in Syria we have speed internet but it's expensive aomehow and I currently cannot get one
but I may in future
so slowmess of the internet make me unable to play sound or watch video
and unable to use live chat that I don't like anyway
I like to communicate with people through forums, so even if I get fast internet I'll still not

use live chat.

Now I want to tell you that since I'm from Syria then i'm Arab and my native language is

Arabic, but I studied English Literature in Damascus university.
I like programming; I have learn Visual Basice and now try to learn Assembly in spite of its

difficulty, but I am learning with my self from internet not professionally
and I like electronic music and have started to learn it for abou year my self by training and

analizing MIDI files.
I like game making and I have my dream game that I planned to make due to Dragon

Quest effect and my love for imagination and anine
I like anime especially naruto

Now the sad thing is that I didn't have any real friends in all my life
I had some temporary ones in school days, My problem is that I don't like to communicate

with people and I'm weak in expressing my feeling in speech and directly
I can express my self through writing more than speech more much and indirectly
that the cause make me don't like live chat
only my brother is the best friend for me and we do everything togather and have common

projects besides my own projects, we had some real freind on Arabic forums but we lose

them where these forums was closed or deleted, now my brother travel for some time
and I feel like somethind is missed.

CP is from my best site where I get big help and know many people
may be I didn't add nomerus topics but I read others topic especially in Chat forum that I

see it by chane before some days

So, I feel that I need firnds like you here, I read your peplies here and discovered the

friendliness and lovelinessyou have and wish to be with you
but I wonder is there some one to be a friend with a person like me have these problem?
and do you welcome me with you despite I do not belong to your societies?
I have many dreams and look for who understand me and help me to achieve them

locowhiteknight

Welcome friend. :) I'm sure everybody here welcomes your company with open arms.

Sorry to hear about all the turmoil in your home country right now. I listen to the reporters on NPR every morning giving their accounts of the horrible atrocities that are being committed by both sides of the war. I still can't imagine what it must be like living through a civil war, nor do I want to. In Syria's case it seems especially bad, with what amounts to two superpowers playing tug-of-war with their country, in hopes of controlling Syria's future. I hope that things work out for the best, and that you stay safe. 

Good luck with the game making, and if I can be any help, let me know.

LWK
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Ryex

Diamond, I may not see you around all the often, but you are of course welcome here anytime. I originally came here because I wanted to know what had happened to the famous Blizzard on RMRK. I stuck around for a while because I wanted learn how to script. and I stayed long term because I love the community here. stick around an I'm sure you'll find a few people you can call a friend.

PhoenixFire

I was about the same as our Ryex here; I kinda came here with a short term purpose of learning a little bit of event usage for RMXP, and stayed because I learned how fun the community was. You will find that there are some amazing people on here that will make you feel very welcome on these boards! I must also say, for a person who has learned English when their native tongue is so very different, you have a very good grasp on the English language!  :haha:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Diamond Star

I'm very thankful for you all
I'm ver happy that you welcome me here and feel that I'll have real friends here

Indeed when I saw your replaies I felt like tears in my eyes, it's tears of happiness

I came here by chance and find the script database and took numerus scripts I need for

my project, and find helpful persons helped me
later the forum amired me in its sections and organizing and members and i find it the best

RPG community, and later I find that it's awesome even in non-RPG issue, and I liked the

community
I felt that everyone here are as a one family and liked to accompany it but I was hesitated
but now I'll do it.
My friend DigitalSoul, I read your replies in this topic especially the one you spoke about

your way in programming, and I felt like I read about my self
because I also started wuth batch files then some HTML but i didn't like HTML and web
programming, and later I moved to VB.NET and now to Assembly too.
I have many dreams and look for who understand me and help me to achieve them

Blizzard

Quote from: Diamond Star on January 08, 2014, 04:30:10 pm
but i didn't like HTML and web

I totally understand you there. I hate web as well. When I was working on the web version of WCW, I hated it. But I enjoyed it so much to work on the C++ version later.

Quote from: Diamond Star on January 08, 2014, 04:30:10 pm
and now to Assembly too.

That's some real hardcore stuff. xD

KK20

Quote from: Blizzard on January 08, 2014, 04:57:57 pm
That's some real hardcore stuff. xD

Indeed. I only had a taste of it in school. It was mainly making little console programs like "Input the three sides of your triangle and I'll find the area" and linking in C/C++ files. Everyone (including the professor) asked me for help because I was like the only one who understood how it worked xD
I'd like to explore more about it, but I don't know if it's entirely appreciated these days, or at least what I want to do for my career.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

There are C compilers for almost everything so better stick to C.

Ryex

Assembly is never a bad thing to know it's what your C gets reduced to after compilation any way so you might as well know how it works. It lets you understand how your C actually executes and is helpful when it comes time to track hard bugs or optimize. because you as a human can almost always write more efficient code than the compiler.

KK20

Still going along the whole Assembly discussion, I received this email from my professor.
Hello Tyler,
I will reply to your comments of your message in the near future.  First I wanted to present two ideas to you to think about.

One idea is go to the CS office and put your name on Elizabeth's list of eligible graders and tell her that I wanted to hire you.  Student workers receive the Calif minimum wage.  As a formality I would give you a small number of submitted homeworks to grade, but more importantly, I hope that you could be in the lab during lab time and walk around answering question from beginners.  It would be easy for you and it would count toward your 'hours-worked".   Of course, this depends on your having no time conflict with lab time.  In spring 2014 I have the 240 meeting Tue/Thur from 10am-11:50am and the 240 meeting Saturdays 9 to noon.  There is another 240 section that begins 8pm evening -- I am not involved with that course.

Here is a second idea.  If you would like to do a programming project it is possible to receive up to 3 units of "Independent Study" credit for the project.  The project is the program with a report about what worked, what didn't work, what you learned, what resources were useful, and so on.   As you already know programming in assembly involves doing your own research.  So, a programming project will no doubt require a significant amount of research.

I'll leave it up to you.  If you're free on Thursdays 10am-11:50am then the first idea is an option, and here you'll interact with beginning programmers.  If you like the project idea then, of course, you work at you own time of choosing.  There are two things to think about.

from the Prof.

That job sounds like it would do me some good. I could care less about 3 units (I'm graduating with like 30+ more units than what is expected). Basically looking for anything that I can bulk up my resume with, pay or no pay--I do not care. I'll probably also aim for an internship sometime this year, perhaps starting in summer. What do you guys think?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!